5. Keys To Paradise
6. I Want To Live Forever
7. The Beast Inside
8. Break Into The Wild
9. Crack In The Shell
10. Free Man's Anthem
11. The Smoking Gun

• My Little Pony

I'm sorry but as good as this is, I miss the old Dynazty.

Still all sounds the same with this power metal turn.

Yeah, I don't hate it either. I just want another album like Sultans of Sin.

• 5 weeks later...

I think this belongs to the section of heavy metal. Mostly power metal. Well played, nice vox, double bass drum paroxysm and the seasonal symphonic hints , but limited song writing abilities and thus can't distinguish it from the abundance of flower power metal releases.

I'll keep, though, for future listening sessions the "Roar Of The Underdog" song.

I can't say I played the full thing today, but I skipped through the first 6 or so songs before I canned my listening experience due to the fact that I was bored shitless. It's probably solid for what it is, but by christ it bores the living shit out of me.

I'm looking forward to it. I have no issue with power metal. Dynazty know how to write a catchy tune which is sometimes lacking with a lot of the metal bands.

I'm OK with them going heavier, sure some of you will miss out for that fact but I doubt they could have ever come close to the better bands in the genre eg. Eclipse, Heat etc. had they kept it more HR.

I can't say I played the full thing today, but I skipped through the first 6 or so songs before I canned my listening experience due to the fact that I was bored shitless. It's probably solid for what it is, but by christ it bores the living shit out of me.

so it is a titanic mess ?

No Dynazty have tremendous potential, regardless of the "type" of metal they play, they suffer from almost the same exact ilk Edguy has become, so much fucking talent and potential, but all their new shit sounds like a prog LP, it's like you put it on, and after about 40 minutes you start to notice that you dont think the 1st song ever ended, so you look at the disc track, and it's on like track 7. but you have yet to notice it's even changed songs, point is, EVERY FUCKING SONG SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME, AND NONE OF THEM GOOD, when Dynazty decided to do some catchy songs like Hunger For Love, and New Sensation, even Land Of Broken Dreams, they exposed themselves, they showed how much potential they had, they obviously need to bring in an outside writer to teach them how to write catchy hooks, and go back to the melodic heavy metal which THEY CAN SURVIVE AND EXCEL IN! its so frustrating when you can just hear the talent of a band, and you wait and wait for it to finally break loose, and it never does, maybe they should have Chris Laney lend them a hand, I mean if you listen to Knock You Down Japanese, then buy the Euro Laney mixed version, it's almost pathetic, that stands as the only Dynazty album I consider quality catchy well produced metal, NOT THE SELF PRODUCED JAPANESE VERSION! I dont know if any of you ever even noticed the difference in the 2 versions, Chris Laney clearly took that form a shitty sounding garage demo to a high caliber top tier melodic metal album, so Dynaztys only downfall is it doesnt seem they have any members who are able to add any catch into their songs, once they do that, I believe they will smash all bands, cause they do have that much playing talent, but what do i know? eveyone else likes all their shit, and i cant stand it,

maybe they should have Chris Laney lend them a hand, I mean if you listen to Knock You Down Japanese, then buy the Euro Laney mixed version, it's almost pathetic, that stands as the only Dynazty album I consider quality catchy well produced metal, NOT THE SELF PRODUCED JAPANESE VERSION! I dont know if any of you ever even noticed the difference in the 2 versions, Chris Laney clearly took that form a shitty sounding garage demo to a high caliber top tier melodic metal album,

Absolutely mate.

That Euro version is about 1 million times better, but I'm not even sure that most people have even heard it (after all it was the Jap version which leaked ;)).

And I'm not just talking about production either, but song structure as well.

I'm looking forward to it. I have no issue with power metal. Dynazty know how to write a catchy tune which is sometimes lacking with a lot of the metal bands.

Wow, holy shit. I actually dare you to make that comment after you've heard this, or their last album. Cody is 100% right. Not only do they appear to have written one single 40min song for this album... but I'm pretty sure it's the same song that the last CD featured. It's like the same song split over two CDs. One 80min boring as fuck song.

I agree these guys are musically competent as hell - excellent musicianship and the guy's still got a good voice. But they cannot write a half decent song for shit, and the last thing on the planet they know how to write, imo, is a catchy tune.

• 3 weeks later...

Just completed the first whole spin of this album and got 2 points out of it :

1. The album has the candidate to match the greatness of 'Sultans' and 'Knock' if it's done in traditional hard rock style, or at least if they want to evolve to metal, do it with the classic heavy metal style. I can see an improvement in songwriting compared to 'Renatus' but then it's still bogged down by the dreadful modern metal arrangement, seems like they really want to be or to beat, Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine or anything like that

2. And because of that modern metal thing, have to score down almost half of this album and lower the replay value, but hypothetically if they're pure hard rock like 'Sultans', I can see most of the songs in 8 to 8.5 range. Based on first spin, I scored this 79.03%, so definitely not as bad as i thought. So maybe fans of metal and also if you like newer metal, you'll appreciate this more, but if you dislike power or heavy metal at all, then better stay away.

I'm still hoping they will come to their senses and at least make a good combination of good old hard rock and metal, maybe like Eclipse did because the production and musicianship are completely mind-blowing, it's just a shame can't enjoy it much. Well for now, definitely will always go back to 'Sultans' and 'Knock'

Based on first spin, I scored this 79.03%, so definitely not as bad as i thought.

it's just a shame can't enjoy it much.

You can't enjoy an album you essentially rated 80%??? Doesn't that tell you you may have rated it extremely wrong? It's dogshit... just call a spade a spade, mate.

This album is superb.

Such a step up from Renatus. They nailed this one.

Easily album of 2016 so far.

Uh, 7th of May. You're a month and 6 days late.

This album is superb.

ha ha your learning............a while back, you would have bitten :lol:

Was a pretty obvious joke tho in fairness ;)

This album is superb.

Oh, don't think anything has ever, ever gotten past me. If I "bite" it's because I want to, regardless of the obviousness of most lures. It's an equal part of the joy for me as it for you.

But yeah, on subject, this album is pure horseshit.

This album is superb.

Oh, don't think anything has ever, ever gotten past me. If I "bite" it's because I want to, regardless of the obviousness of most lures. It's an equal part of the joy for me as it for you.

But yeah, on subject, this album is pure horseshit.

or was it a joke..........................???

After all Renanus I actually listened to quite a bit on my exercise bike.

You must have wanted to get off your exercise bike in a hurry...

:lol:

Its actually good to exercise to cos its all one pace (one song actually) :)

You must have wanted to get off your exercise bike in a hurry...

:lol:

Its actually good to exercise to cos its all one pace (one song actually) :)

But isn't there a good song you could just put on repeat for 40mins and you'd basically be accomplishing the same thing? Just put 'Inside Out' by Warrant on repeat for 40mins. That'd be more fun.

Based on first spin, I scored this 79.03%, so definitely not as bad as i thought.

it's just a shame can't enjoy it much.

You can't enjoy an album you essentially rated 80%??? Doesn't that tell you you may have rated it extremely wrong? It's dogshit... just call a spade a spade, mate.

I did enjoy but couldn't enjoy much

no way it's dogshit, i know you don't like anything close to power metal but i bet metal fans won't mind this one,

although I still prefer they stay in hard rock, but frankly, some or most melodic choruses here are better than their first album which is kinda average :D

Their debut was pretty good. I know I'm being harsh I'm sure it's fine for what it is. But I'm also sure my pug's turd was fine for what it was today too. ;)

For the record, how I'd rate Dynazty;

Sultans Of Sin - 78%
Bring The Thunder - 73%
Renatus - 72%
Knock You Down - 67%
Titanic Mess - 60%