OSUKARU - Rock It Up (2016)

AlphaMale

Osukaru%2B-%2BRock%2BIt%2BUp%2B-%2Bfront

Swedish guitarist Oz Osukaru has been tirelessly fighting to position his band OSUKARU at the top of the Melodic Rock / AOR field for more than seven years. The problem always was the male vocalist change from album to album, but now seems Fredrik Werner has firmly occupied the slot and "Rock It Up", Osukaru's 6th effort, it's the first featuring the same singer.

It's obvious; when you get a stable line-up for more than a year, it pays its dividends. On "Rock It Up", Osukaru sounds and feels like a real band like never before.

As happened since the last album, this new recording shows the group much more inclined to Melodic Rock than the characteristic AOR sound of Osukaru's origins. Of course, there's ever present keyboards and melodies in the classic Scandinavian tradition, but overall the style is Melodic (Hard) Rock.

Think Talisman, Takara and alike, with the personal Osukaru vibe including occasional sax here and there, string arrangements, acoustic passages, etc.

Osukaru%2B-%2BRock%2BIt%2BUp%2B-%2Binsid

'Rock It Up' opens with a punch driven by a hard riff and showcasing how much Fredrik Werner's vocals have greatly adapted to the band. A kickin' rocker with an extremely melodic chorus.

"Driven By Love" goes for AOR in classic vein yet with a modern sound akin Pride Of Lions, then 'Multiplied' is a melodic mid-tempo, a song with a strong Heart influence.

'Rock It Up (karaoke version)' could be taken as a filler, but it's really interesting as you can check how much the band has grown and how good sounds instrumentally.

The rest of the songs are the new recordings with Fredrik Werner at the mic, some re-worked old songs, some newer.

Finally, seems Osukaru has found stability and it's ready for a major step: a full length album with new material. "Rock It Up" shows a band tight & oiled, plus strong songwriting.

Production has been improved in recent Osukaru works, and while still is not perfect, comes very close to the final goal.

Really Good Scandinavian Melodic Rock / AOR.

01 - Rock It Up
02 - Driven By Love (2016)
03 - Multiplied
04 - Rock It Up (karaoke version)
05 - Strangled Emotions
06 - Out of Touch (new version)
07 - Edge of A Broken Heart
08 - Tell Me You'll Stay (new version)
09 - Arrows
10 - Mafia Rules (new version)
11 - Promised Land (new version)

Oz Ozukaru: guitars, keyboards, backing vocals
Fredrik Werner: vocals, guitars, backing vocals
Eugenia: vocals, keyboards
Fredrik Svensson: bass
Vidar Mårtensson: drums

BUY IT !
osukaru.bandcamp.com/album/rock-it-up

Swedish guitarist Oz Osukaru has been tirelessly fighting to position his band OSUKARU at the top of the Melodic Rock / AOR field for more than seven years. The problem always was the male vocalist change from album to album

I agree that was a problem, but the other thing that's not helping them out is that they keep releasing the same songs over and over again. I got genuinely excited when I saw this thread, because I honestly believe these guys could be at the top of the field, based on the quality of their last album... and what they've been working towards.

But again, like the last album which only had a small handful of new songs, we have only one new songs here. The songs they re-record are admittedly hugely superior to the originals and I like the re-recordings, but it's like they're treading water. And haven't they already even recorded half of these songs twice anyway?

I hope the new album of new material is not far away.

Oh, and they're selling themselves well short describing themselves as sounding like Takara/Talisman.

Hello! Oz here!

"Rock It Up" is not a full album but a 4-track CD single which we released exclusively for our tour this spring. It's not available in stores, nor will it ever be. You can only (legally) find it on our shows or in our Bandcamp store. I don't know how songs from our 2015 album "Transition" got mixed up in there but I assure you, the BANNED WEBSITE "version" of this release is nothing but a lie. It's NOT a new album and we are not marketing it as if it was. It's an exclusive tour item with 4 tracks and nothing else.

We ARE however releasing a new album this September and it will include nothing but all new songs. "Driven By Love" on the "Rock It Up" single was our last re-recording ever.

Also, I have heard that I look like Yngwie but I am actually NOT a fan of him. I do love the "Odussey" (mostly because of the songs and JLT's vocals) album and I like some of his tunes in general but that's about it... and I don't play Fender guitars.

Cheers!
//Oz

Hello! Oz here!

"Rock It Up" is not a full album but a 4-track CD single which we released exclusively for our tour this spring. It's not available in stores, nor will it ever be. You can only (legally) find it on our shows or in our Bandcamp store. I don't know how songs from our 2015 album "Transition" got mixed up in there but I assure you, the BANNED WEBSITE "version" of this release is nothing but a lie. It's NOT a new album and we are not marketing it as if it was. It's an exclusive tour item with 4 tracks and nothing else.

We ARE however releasing a new album this September and it will include nothing but all new songs. "Driven By Love" on the "Rock It Up" single was our last re-recording ever.

Also, I have heard that I look like Yngwie but I am actually NOT a fan of him. I do love the "Odussey" (mostly because of the songs and JLT's vocals) album and I like some of his tunes in general but that's about it... and I don't play Fender guitars.

Cheers!

//Oz

I loved "Transition" Oz!! Killer CD!!

Looking forward to hearing a new disc!

Hello! Oz here!

Cheers!

//Oz

I must apologise for my commentary above, then. Seems I was making comments based on false information, so my apologies.

As per my comments, I was puzzled as to why there were songs you had already re-recorded in 2015 supposedly being re-recorded again. Didn't make sense.

Absolutely love your stuff, and I cannot wait to hear a full brand new album.

• 7 months later...

Straight forward kind of tune, but it goes to demonstrate the quality of this band, that it sounds that great. I really enjoy that.