Work Of Art - Work Of Art (2008)

Work Of Art - Work Of Art  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Picked 'Why Do I?', Maria has one of my fav solos of all time.

Loved all Work Of Art releases and always anticipate the next one.

• My Little Pony

We're still referring to it as "Work of Art," are we?

It's been a while since I've listened to it, as I always go for In Progress, I believe "Like No Other" is my favourite. I certainly need to revisit this album.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think this is even worthy of a vote, Why Do I is simply their best song by far, it is possibly one of the best songs in the past 20 years, and I dont think thats an accident, thats what happens when bands write songs like that, songs that are just so good, they can never be topped, and if you mistakenly hear the song before any of their other songs, it just ruins their other songs, cause every song on that debut is strong in one way or another, but opening with Why Do I really makes the album sound weak on 1st listen, if you write a song that you know is obviously going to be one of the best songs ever, close the fucking album with it, like Saints & Sinners did with Slipping Into Darkness, an obvious no brainer as far as singles go, but clearly shows up the rest of the album.

I dont think this is even worthy of a vote, Why Do I is simply their best song by far, it is possibly one of the best songs in the past 20 years, and I dont think thats an accident, thats what happens when bands write songs like that, songs that are just so good, they can never be topped, and if you mistakenly hear the song before any of their other songs, it just ruins their other songs, cause every song on that debut is strong in one way or another, but opening with Why Do I really makes the album sound weak on 1st listen, if you write a song that you know is obviously going to be one of the best songs ever, close the fucking album with it, like Saints & Sinners did with Slipping Into Darkness, an obvious no brainer as far as singles go, but clearly shows up the rest of the album.

What even tho they completely ripped off 18 and Life.

• My Little Pony

With what song? "Why Do I?"

With what song? "Why Do I?"

Yeah cos that really sounds like 18 & life. Good grief.

No hes talking about Saints & Sinners Slipping Into Darkness, yeah it was a rip off of 18 and Life, and a pretty damn good one at that, I know in the state I played it in, that song probably sold more albums here then they sold total everywhere else, personally I thought We Belong was the strongest track on the album, but we also played it and it didnt really do that well

I dont think this is even worthy of a vote, Why Do I is simply their best song by far, it is possibly one of the best songs in the past 20 years, and I dont think thats an accident, thats what happens when bands write songs like that, songs that are just so good, they can never be topped, and if you mistakenly hear the song before any of their other songs, it just ruins their other songs, cause every song on that debut is strong in one way or another, but opening with Why Do I really makes the album sound weak on 1st listen, if you write a song that you know is obviously going to be one of the best songs ever, close the fucking album with it,

One tiny issue with that point - 'Cover me' is a far better song than 'Why do I.'

I dont think this is even worthy of a vote, Why Do I is simply their best song by far, it is possibly one of the best songs in the past 20 years, and I dont think thats an accident, thats what happens when bands write songs like that, songs that are just so good, they can never be topped, and if you mistakenly hear the song before any of their other songs, it just ruins their other songs, cause every song on that debut is strong in one way or another, but opening with Why Do I really makes the album sound weak on 1st listen, if you write a song that you know is obviously going to be one of the best songs ever, close the fucking album with it,

One tiny issue with that point - 'Cover me' is a far better song than 'Why do I.'

Is this valid, after the deleting of the spreadsheet? :tumbsup:

Prob about as good. Far better? No.

There are better songs on the next 2 albums though ;)

Is this valid, after the deleting of the spreadsheet? :tumbsup:

This album is from 2008; not 2016. ;)

I think my fav would be 'Her Only Lie', but I'll have to go back and re-listen.

Prob about as good. Far better? No.

There are better songs on the next 2 albums though ;)

I don' know, if I had to choose one from their discography it would be Her Only Lie. Best replay value ever. I'll post it probably in the tearjerkers sections. Love also the control he has on those high notes, particularly the ending one, where he could easily destroy the song, but not him, not that dude!