Ted Poley - Beyond The Fade

Stefan

Alessandro Del Vecchio.......great....more keyboard laden wuss rock. His stamp on Hardline and some others is so 'by the book' and just watery. I hated what he did with Hardline and I'm not a huge fan of the guy's output. But....then again, the first Danger Danger was an overproduced poppy hard rock record, as well.

I'll buy it.......but I'm not expecting too much. Hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Alessandro Del Vecchio! AGAIN! Is this guy on every second release now!? All his music sounds... the same. I think this damages our genre bringing in the same musos as backing tracks or writers for a variety of other bands.

To be honest that Hardline was Alessandro Del Vecchio's best - but it should never have been called Hardline. It sounded nothing like Hardline.

This will be basically Poley singing for Lionville / Chasing Violets - pretty much the same lineup as the Kelly Keeling album from last year.

It sounded more like Hardline than the other 2 Hardlines did that s for sure!

Anyway this should be called "Alessandro Del Vecchio Band .... with Ted Poley"

Hes only producing it.

Have you listened to the promo vid? Sounds exactly the same as his other 2 solo albums to me?

Yeah, I don't get why people miss such obvious things. The Martin brothers have written all the songs for the album (bar one) so what the fuck does it actually matter what Alessandro Del Vecchio is doing here? If Hess and Lesperence wrote a new Harem Scarem album but it was produced by Alessandro Del Vecchio, or he played bass on the album... whatever else... it's still going to sound 100% like Harem Scarem.

Listen to the facts, dudes. As far as I can see, Alessandro Del Vecchio has had no input in the song writing, so his involvement should basically be a non-issue. The album will hopefully sound like Vega or Issa's 'Crossfire,' but with Ted Poley on vocals. Sounds like heaven to me.

Agree

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alessandro Del Vecchio.......great....more keyboard laden wuss rock. His stamp on Hardline and some others is so 'by the book' and just watery. I hated what he did with Hardline and I'm not a huge fan of the guy's output. But....then again, the first Danger Danger was an overproduced poppy hard rock record, as well.

I'll buy it.......but I'm not expecting too much. Hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Alessandro Del Vecchio! AGAIN! Is this guy on every second release now!? All his music sounds... the same. I think this damages our genre bringing in the same musos as backing tracks or writers for a variety of other bands.

To be honest that Hardline was Alessandro Del Vecchio's best - but it should never have been called Hardline. It sounded nothing like Hardline.

This will be basically Poley singing for Lionville / Chasing Violets - pretty much the same lineup as the Kelly Keeling album from last year.

Hes only producing it.

Have you listened to the promo vid? Sounds exactly the same as his other 2 solo albums to me?

Yeah, I don't get why people miss such obvious things. The Martin brothers have written all the songs for the album (bar one) so what the fuck does it actually matter what Alessandro Del Vecchio is doing here? If Hess and Lesperence wrote a new Harem Scarem album but it was produced by Alessandro Del Vecchio, or he played bass on the album... whatever else... it's still going to sound 100% like Harem Scarem.

Listen to the facts, dudes. As far as I can see, Alessandro Del Vecchio has had no input in the song writing, so his involvement should basically be a non-issue. The album will hopefully sound like Vega or Issa's 'Crossfire,' but with Ted Poley on vocals. Sounds like heaven to me.

Agree

Hopefully Ted will sound better than ISSA tho ;)

Hes only producing it.

Agree

Agree

Hes only producing it.

Agree

Agree

That wont be hard.

Hes only producing it.

I watched and listened to the Promo Vid.......you ask.."so what the fuck does it matter what Alessandro Del Vecchio is doing here?". Well...according to them, in the video, ADV rearranged bits and pieces of songs....producers change, add and do all kinds of 'fuck' on albums. So, yeah....it COULD matter. We'll just have to see when it comes out what it sounds like...that would be the 'facts'....lol

• My Little Pony

Hes only producing it.

I watched and listened to the Promo Vid.......you ask.."so what the fuck does it matter what Alessandro Del Vecchio is doing here?". Well...according to them, in the video, ADV rearranged bits and pieces of songs....producers change, add and do all kinds of 'fuck' on albums. So, yeah....it COULD matter. We'll just have to see when it comes out what it sounds like...that would be the 'facts'....lol

I don't think a lot of people understand what a producer does.

• My Little Pony

Hes only producing it.

Agree

Agree

That wont be hard.

I still don't get the hate for Issa's voice, but, c'mon, is there actually any doubt Ted Poley will kill his vocal duties? The guy can still sing.

I love Alessandro, but not unconditionally. And as far as great albums are being actually made + gigs organised then kudos to him (although I wished JLT didn't play rainbow/purple in his latest gigs with Alessandro & buddies).

Definately, he won't bring butter in the production room.

12705515_10207340411382329_2937584309816

I love Alessandro, but not unconditionally. And as far as great albums are being actually made + gigs organised then kudos to him (although I wished JLT didn't play rainbow/purple in his latest gigs with Alessandro & buddies).

Definately, he won't bring butter in the production room.

12705515_10207340411382329_2937584309816

He should eat meat. He's missing out.

2 things re this thread

1. Stop replying with history ;)

2. The promo has way enough music for me to judge that this sounds just like Ted solo. Right??

Hes only producing it.

I don't think a lot of people understand what a producer does.

1. Just for Glen.

2. A producer produces the album, but he'd rarely (and definitely not in this case) rewrite a written song. Like I said, if Hess and Lesperance write a Harem Scarem album, a producer can't undo that. It's still going to sound like Harem Scarem, whether Desmond Child, Del Vecchio, JSS, Tommy Newton... whoever... if any of them produce it, sure it'll sound 100% better than any Harem Scarem album ever recorded (because let's face it - brilliant song writers, terrible producers), but it'll still sound like HS.

Just like if the Martin Bros write an album, you can't unwrite those songs. Of course Del Vecchio is going to have an influence over the end product, but I feel like it'll be so insignificant it does not warrant a mention.

Anyway, who cares. Like someone said, let the music do the talking. :)

• My Little Pony

its ok on a PC, but mobile it is ludicrous......the first post ends up as one letter under the next!

Haha. Not gonna lie, it was the main reason I replied to those two posts. ;}

Obviously this, coupled with the Defiants debut, is why there is no D2 lately. Never heard a word about it until this vid but even if I had never heard of Poley before (a ridiculous notion as D2 is one of my favorite all time bands) I'd be purchasing this on the strength of Higher's sample alone. Unequaled brilliance, to these ears. As Geoff mentioned, with the Martins writing the bulk of the album, one need not worry that it will meet or exceed expectations.

I've got nothing but good things to say about Delvechhio and Frontiers. They are keeping our genre alive and giving me a reason to hit the cd racks at HMV up here in Canada and Best Buy south of the border.

• My Little Pony

Obviously this, coupled with the Defiants debut, is why there is no D2 lately. Never heard a word about it until this vid but even if I had never heard of Poley before (a ridiculous notion as D2 is one of my favorite all time bands) I'd be purchasing this on the strength of Higher's sample alone. Unequaled brilliance, to these ears. As Geoff mentioned, with the Martins writing the bulk of the album, one need not worry that it will meet or exceed expectations.

I've got nothing but good things to say about Delvechhio and Frontiers. They are keeping our genre alive and giving me a reason to hit the cd racks at HMV up here in Canada and Best Buy south of the border.

You still have an HMV? Where you at?

2 things re this thread

1. Stop replying with history ;)

2. The promo has way enough music for me to judge that this sounds just like Ted solo. Right??

Yes

Agree

Don't like the sound of the single or the track with Issa, but some of the others sound good and of course Poley's voice is great. Difficult to tell from ten-second samples though!

Winnipeg. No more music at Best Buy here. Other than HMV, I believe there is only one solitary retail store specializing in music here. Otherwise your only option is Walmart.

• My Little Pony

Winnipeg. No more music at Best Buy here. Other than HMV, I believe there is only one solitary retail store specializing in music here. Otherwise your only option is Walmart.

Yeah, my Best Buy removed its music department.

HMV's been gone a minute now.

Yeah, my Best Buy removed its music department.

HMV's been gone a minute now.

Nostalgia trip... I like it, so shut up :)

There was a time when I was in junior high and high school in the 80's when I could buy cassette tapes at almost any and every store in town. I specifically remember buying SCORPIONS - VIRGIN KILLER at Sears (yep, Sears), and I bought DEF LEPPARD - ON THROUGH THE NIGHT at Montgomery Wards (that's weirder than Sears, even) and almost everything else in my collection from the local all-in-one Fred Meyer.

Hell, there were two music stores in every local mall (Musicland), all of the variety stores had decent music sections (Payless Drug Store, Hi-School Pharmacy, K-Mart), there were a bunch of cool stand-alone record stores that always had in-store signings (For What It's Worth Record and Tapes and of course Tower Records) etc., etc., etc. Getting hold of physical music in the 1980's was like shooting fish in a barrel. Now I'm down to either Target (for popular artist new stuff), or a couple of local used shops for oldies (and thank God for them).

Am I the only one who thinks the good old days get better with each passing day?

The only thing wrong with the Martin Bros writing these songs is this -

Issa: duet vocal on The Perfect Crime

I suppose I can just skip this song ;)

The only thing wrong with the Martin Bros writing these songs is this -

Issa: duet vocal on The Perfect Crime

I suppose I can just skip this song ;)

Regarding performances on 'Raintown' on her solo album from last year:

Issa > Steve Overland