Ted Poley - Beyond The Fade

Stefan

12742721_1016825658373485_47381508528472

Press release from Frontiers Music:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is excited to announce the release of TED POLEY’s new solo album “Beyond The Fade” on May 13th, 2016.

Best known as lead vocalist for the legendary Melodic Rock masters Danger Danger, Ted Poley is also an accomplished solo artist, having released two acclaimed releases, “Collateral Damage” (2006) and “Smile”(2007).

The story of “Beyond The Fade” starts after Danger Danger’s acclaimed performance at Frontiers Rock Festival in Milano in 2014, when he and the label developed the idea to work together on some new music. The next step was to speak to producer Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline, Edge of Forever) and with a band that he put together, Ted performed at the second edition of the Frontiers Rock Festival. A few months later, Ted came back to Italy to finish the vocals on the album.

Ted says: “I am absolutely thrilled with the way the whole album came out. If I have one quote: "ITS AWESOME!" My great friend and co-producer Alessandro Del Vecchio brought my sonic vision to life and no request from me was too great for him toward his goal of making "The Ultimate Ted Poley Solo Album" and he surely delivered on his promise. We had alot of fun making the album and its obvious when you hear it. You can practically hear my smile while I am singing. We decided to make it sound BIG and there are a ton of backing vocals (in some cases more than 80 tracks of them!), along with great songs, soaring melodic guitar leads, pounding bass and big drums, all layered with cool keyboards... like a delicious Musical Cake! Save some room for dessert, I KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS ONE!”

With songs penned by the brothers Tom and James Martin (VEGA) and “Hands of Love” written by Tony Bruno/Joe Lynn Turner, the sound of the record is nothing else but Ted Poley at his best, with immediately recognizable hooklines, amazing guitar work, immaculate production and total 80's attitude!

“Beyond the Fade” is sure to please not only Ted Poley's fans, but all fans of melodic hard rock. Don't miss this superb release.

Ted Poley: Lead Vocals
Issa: duet vocal on The Perfect Crime
Alessandro Del Vecchio: Drums, Keyboards, Backing Vocals
Mario Percudani: Guitars
Anna Portalupi: Bass

tpbtf.jpg

Tracks:

1. Let's Start Something
2. Everything We Are
3. Hands Of Love
4. The Perfect Crime
5. Stars
6. Higher
7. Where I Lost You
8. You Won't See Me Cryin'
9. We Are Young
10. Sirens
11. Beneath The Stars

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We decided to make it sound BIG and there are a ton of backing vocals (in some cases more than 80 tracks of them!), along with great songs, soaring melodic guitar leads, pounding bass and big drums, all layered with cool keyboards... like a delicious Musical Cake! Save some room for dessert, I KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS ONE!”

that's how you sell an album :)

Was 'Smile' really 2007....startling!

Written by the Martin brothers? Oh well, let's just slot this one in with Vega and Wigelius as certainties for this year's top 5. ;) And hopefully Treat... and The Defiants.

Will Wigelius be in the top 5..........Mmmm I'm not so sure about that. Not with what's due to come this year...........as you say already Vega, Defiants, Treat and Ted have a chance of pushing it out.

I love the album and there are 5 or 6 killer tracks but 3 or 4 'weaker' tracks detract a little for me.

I haven't rated it yet, but I doubt it will hit 90%

Will Wigelius be in the top 5..........Mmmm I'm not so sure about that. Not with what's due to come this year...........as you say already Vega, Defiants, Treat and Ted have a chance of pushing it out.

I love the album and there are 5 or 6 killer tracks but 3 or 4 'weaker' tracks detract a little for me.

I haven't rated it yet, but I doubt it will hit 90%

I love it. I hope it's not in the top 5 because there's 5 better albums than it - that'd be deluxe... but I'll believe it when I see it. I think it's great.

Hell yeah I'll be all over this one. Awesome dialogue by Ted. Had me at Hello :)

Every single time I hear something about Ted Poley or Danger Danger I remember just how awesome D2's debut album was and is. Save for Slippery and Hysteria, that one probably got more play by me than any other back in the day. LOTS of really great memories!

The Best of both World, both Paul Laine and Ted Poley releasing an album year. This should be a good one.

All of a sudden my wallet hurts.

• My Little Pony

The Best of both World, both Paul Laine and Ted Poley releasing an album year. This should be a good one.

Definitely is a good time to be alive.

Alessandro Del Vecchio.......great....more keyboard laden wuss rock. His stamp on Hardline and some others is so 'by the book' and just watery. I hated what he did with Hardline and I'm not a huge fan of the guy's output. But....then again, the first Danger Danger was an overproduced poppy hard rock record, as well.

I'll buy it.......but I'm not expecting too much. Hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Alessandro Del Vecchio.......great....more keyboard laden wuss rock. His stamp on Hardline and some others is so 'by the book' and just watery. I hated what he did with Hardline and I'm not a huge fan of the guy's output. But....then again, the first Danger Danger was an overproduced poppy hard rock record, as well.

I'll buy it.......but I'm not expecting too much. Hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Ted will have his signature sound....of that i am sure.

Plus the songs are all by the Martin bros.

I personally cannot wait.

Awesome!!!

Looking forward to this more than the Defiants one.

Maybe that's the result of posting more samples?

I hear the one Defiants songs and don't take to it so I'm kinda negative to the whole release.

Here Ted posts snippets of 6 or 7 songs and some I really like.

Alessandro Del Vecchio! AGAIN! Is this guy on every second release now!? All his music sounds... the same. I think this damages our genre bringing in the same musos as backing tracks or writers for a variety of other bands.

To be honest that Hardline was Alessandro Del Vecchio's best - but it should never have been called Hardline. It sounded nothing like Hardline.

This will be basically Poley singing for Lionville / Chasing Violets - pretty much the same lineup as the Kelly Keeling album from last year.

Dont judge on one song then. Simple.

Well, there's so much music out there.

I have a heap of music that really interested me and I haven't had time to listen to yet.

Sometimes I see a song posted and I think "that sounds awesome" and I see that it's a couple of years old so I open my music folder and there it is - I already have it and haven't got to it yet.

So for me, and many others I'm guessing, record companies need to do all they can to get new music heard, otherwise sales will suffer.

Everyone here seems to love The Defiants based on one song.

If they song they release first doesn't grab me, I'm guessing most of the rest likely won't

Alessandro Del Vecchio! AGAIN! Is this guy on every second release now!? All his music sounds... the same. I think this damages our genre bringing in the same musos as backing tracks or writers for a variety of other bands.

To be honest that Hardline was Alessandro Del Vecchio's best - but it should never have been called Hardline. It sounded nothing like Hardline.

This will be basically Poley singing for Lionville / Chasing Violets - pretty much the same lineup as the Kelly Keeling album from last year.

It sounded more like Hardline than the other 2 Hardlines did that s for sure!

Really? I thought none of the albums since the debut "sounded like Hardline"... i still like them as i like his voice though.

Anyway this should be called "Alessandro Del Vecchio Band .... with Ted Poley"

Written by the Martin brothers? Oh well, let's just slot this one in with Vega and Wigelius as certainties for this year's top 5. ;) And hopefully Treat... and The Defiants.

Buddy, please please please!

Hes only producing it.

Have you listened to the promo vid? Sounds exactly the same as his other 2 solo albums to me?

Hes only producing it.

Have you listened to the promo vid? Sounds exactly the same as his other 2 solo albums to me?

Yeah, I don't get why people miss such obvious things. The Martin brothers have written all the songs for the album (bar one) so what the fuck does it actually matter what Alessandro Del Vecchio is doing here? If Hess and Lesperence wrote a new Harem Scarem album but it was produced by Alessandro Del Vecchio, or he played bass on the album... whatever else... it's still going to sound 100% like Harem Scarem.

Listen to the facts, dudes. As far as I can see, Alessandro Del Vecchio has had no input in the song writing, so his involvement should basically be a non-issue. The album will hopefully sound like Vega or Issa's 'Crossfire,' but with Ted Poley on vocals. Sounds like heaven to me.