Cover songs

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

I was lucky enough to grow up listening to music from all eras. There's heaps of shit I love from the 50's and 60's. Del Shannon was often played when I was little and i've always loved "Runaway". This pure AOR version from Forcefield is a ripper.

• 2023 Gold Donors

With Eurovision coming up I thought i'd post an ABBA cover. There have been many Hard Rock/Metal covers of ABBA songs, but i've never really cared for any of them. This one however, is great and of the best covers I've heard in general. The youtube videos for the great Sargant Fury album "Little Fish" have incorrect titles, so disregard that. As you've probably realized from the first video, the song is called "Eagle".

• 4 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

My opinion has always been that if you cover a track you have to copy it note for note or rework it completely. These guys have gone for the latter. I could see Dokken doing a version something like this. It would have made a nice addition to their "One Live Night" album.

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Doggy said:

L.A. Guns does an old chestnut version of Rose Tattoo's  Rock "N' Roll Outlaw.

Yeah, that's a great version of a great track, but i've always preferred Keel's version.

Edited by Darkstone

Nice Boys ( don't play rock 'n' roll) covered by Guns "n" Roses , the Rose Tattoo's song. Pete Wells was horrified when he heard the Gunners version, he want to changed the song to " Nancy boys ( don't play rock "n" Roll ).

• 5 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I heard this version of Fleetwood Mac's "Little Lies" recently in the background of a youtube video. It mesmerized me. Such a soothing and relaxing rendition. One man, one guitar. Amazing. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stefan said:

Say what you want but this is an excellent cover. Like Howard Stern said: 'Well done!'

The guy even sounds like Peter.

Meh, never a fan of that song.

More interested in why he's wearing his grandmothers clothes...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I fucking love this song! 

This is another one that the "At the Movies" guys would've smashed. I've found a couple of decent versions, but they're not as good as the ONJ original. When Bjorn and the team make an 80s Vol II album, they have to include this classic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Here's one from the 80s the "At the Movies" guys missed. Maybe vol 2? This is definitely my favorite "Pat Benatar" track and apparently it was the theme for a 1985 movie called "The Legend of Billie Jean" starring "Helen Slater", so it qualifies. All three of these versions hit the spot for me when it comes to covers. Different, but not too different.  

Edited by Darkstone

On 9/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, Darkstone said:

This is a great track that has in all honesty, been done to death, but hey, this is "Dino". 

A stellar line up with an Aussie connection. 

That is a very good cover and that Dino kid sings well outside his years, but that to is already known.

• 2 weeks later...