Cover songs

Darkstone

How about that Confess cover of "Eye to Eye" from "A Goofy Movie"? I can't help it, I'm really diggin' that one.

I'd like to hear this as the kids sang the heck out of the Tevin Campbell version...

On topic:

Armored Saints cover of Saturday Night Special, stunning!

He he, for Jez a Children of Bodom cover of, gulp Poison's Talk Dirty To Me...

Apparently this COB crew covers a shit ton of 80's rock:

And I must say they play extremely well and cover some eclectic shit (of course the growly vocals are a bit much but the clean vocals work well!

• 2023 Gold Donors

It never fails to amaze me with this music how after all these years you can come across something you didn't know existed.

A few weeks ago in this thread I posted "Silent Soldiers" by "C.I.T.A." and also the original by "AXE", stating that i had no idea the "C.I.T.A." version was a cover.

Well, i should have checked out the "AXE" album then but didn't.

I'm sure most of you are already aware of this but i've only just realized that there's another cover from the "AXE" album on "C.I.T.A."'s debut.

I think i have to get this "AXE" album.

This seems like a rare occurrence.

Anybody know of any other examples of multiple songs from one album covered on another?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Although these aren't strictly covers, they're almost the same thing. Some of the obvious ones we're familiar with, but i was surprised at how many really obscure tracks have made it into some modern hits. Even though i've always been aware of the nature of sampling, when you hear things side by side like this it really shows up certain acts. The Moby's, Jay-Z's etc. I hope all parties were reasonably compensated for their original works but i doubt it.

I found it difficult to stop watching these once i started. 

• My Little Pony

I've found a lot of good music, mostly old Soul, from the website whosampled. When I hear a cool sample in a song, I use that site to figure out who it is. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

A reworking of a song by the same artists that performed the original. I guess it's still technically a cover. I always loved the original and find it very difficult to choose a favorite version, but the extra elements and overall darkness of the later version, i think compliment the subject matter. Very dark, very occult. I think good ol' Georgie has had a very interesting life. Absolutely love both versions though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I'm not the biggest "Alice In Chains" fan, but I do love this song. Glen posted a track a while back from one of the "Stone Sour" cover EPs and it led me to this. There are basically two ways you can do a cover version. Either it has to be a carbon copy of the original or a complete reworking. Stone Sour have gone the former route, which is great. Both styles are valid IMO. As much as I love the Stone Sour version, I still prefer the original. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
49 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Having seen Alice Cooper last week, it made me realise what an awesome cover Megadeth did of No More Mr Nice Guy

Nice one mate. The Shocker soundtrack strikes again.

I admit that I'm not a real old school Alice Cooper fan. - before my time I guess

Trash, Hey Stoopid etc
I get that he doesn't really touch this era in his shows and I get why, so I'm not complaining about it.

I'd actually love to hear You And Me and How You Gonna See Me Now, but I never will. A weird time in his history for sure.
He played The World Needs Guts which was awesome.

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked...

In his show he plays Feed My Frankenstein.
Live it's a killer song, but off the album it's very very dated, kind of like No More Mr Nice Guy.

I'd suggest that a lot of his older music is ripe for covering...

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I admit that I'm not a real old school Alice Cooper fan. - before my time I guess

Trash, Hey Stoopid etc
I get that he doesn't really touch this era in his shows and I get why, so I'm not complaining about it.

I'd actually love to hear You And Me and How You Gonna See Me Now, but I never will. A weird time in his history for sure.
He played The World Needs Guts which was awesome.

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked...

Live it's a killer song, but off the album it's very very dated, kind of like No More Mr Nice Guy.

I'd suggest that a lot of his older music is ripe for covering...

I absolutely love "Hey Stoopid". Definitely one of my favourite albums. Speaking of "Feed My Frankenstein", it was written by "Zodiac Mindwarp" and released the same year. So I guess that makes Alice's version a cover. For the record, i think Alice's version is by far superior. 

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:31 AM, CureTheSane said:

Trash, Hey Stoopid etc

My fav Alice Cooper song,think I have Wayne & Garth to that for that lol :)

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

For those from other countries who may not have heard this cool version

What? No Chantoozies? Another reference our overseas friends won't get. Nice choice BTW. Also , the lead singer is John Swan, who is the brother of Jimmy Barnes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2017 at 3:43 PM, Kristian said:

How about that Confess cover of "Eye to Eye" from "A Goofy Movie"? I can't help it, I'm really diggin' that one.

I loved that song and movie as a kid. They did such a great job with that cover