Jump to content
Darkstone

Cover songs

Recommended Posts

Much prefer that to the other cover of this song. Very nicely produced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though Tim Feehan's version came out after TOTO's, he actually wrote the song. I guess his version would still be considered the cover. Very similar,  but Tim's is by far the superior version.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been discussing Anthrax a bit lately and this cover certainly was ground breaking at the time...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easily my favorite Dio song, not that I like many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Easily my favorite Dio song, not that I like many.

 

 

You mean you don't like country girl and naked in the rain? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best DIO over is this by the whole diameter of the observable universe

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

The best DIO over is this by the whole diameter of the observable universe

 

 

Nice one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Badlands - Fire & Rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

 

 

You mean you don't like country girl and naked in the rain:o

Just listened to them, and.... nope

Sorry, not a big fan of Ronnie's voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to DIO covers, it's hard to go past this guy. I think i've mentioned it before, but JORN seems to have three voices. His DIO voice, his Coverdale voice and his own. This is a great album.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shivers - Screaming Jets.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always good to see a classic remembered and honoured by new artists.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only does Steve Overland cover one of the best, if not THE best Whitesnake ballad, but he manages to put his own stamp on it.

.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. Overland again. Possibly one of the best covers I've ever heard. It maintains the feel of the original while at the same time being completely different. Definitely my favourite Ozzy song. I'm not sure why they even attempted to cover it the way they did but I  think they nailed it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Mr. Overland again. Possibly one of the best covers I've ever heard. It maintains the feel of the original while at the same time being completely different. Definitely my favourite Ozzy song. I'm not sure why they even attempted to cover it the way they did but I  think they nailed it.

 

 

 

Man, this is not an Ozzy song. It was written by Overland/P. Soussan when they were in Wildlife. Ozzy liked it and demanded credits to include it in U.Sin. Easily, though, my 2nd favorite Ozzy tune after Secret Loser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ozzy's version is better, which is a kind of weird thing for me to say.
Probably my fav song he did as well. I guess his weird voice is pretty unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

 

 

Man, this is not an Ozzy song. It was written by Overland/P. Soussan when they were in Wildlife. Ozzy liked it and demanded credits to include it in U.Sin. Easily, though, my 2nd favorite Ozzy tune after Secret Loser. 

Well there ya go. I guess the Ozzy version was a cover. Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That FM version just shouts "class" also though,brilliant,take a bow Mr Overland :)

Edited by lettard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.