Cover songs

Darkstone

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Even though Tim Feehan's version came out after Chicago's, he actually wrote the song. I guess his version would still be considered the cover. Very similar,  but Tim's is by far the superior version.

10 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

You mean you don't like country girl and naked in the rain:o

Just listened to them, and.... nope

Sorry, not a big fan of Ronnie's voice.

• 2023 Gold Donors

When it comes to DIO covers, it's hard to go past this guy. I think i've mentioned it before, but JORN seems to have three voices. His DIO voice, his Coverdale voice and his own. This is a great album.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Mr. Overland again. Possibly one of the best covers I've ever heard. It maintains the feel of the original while at the same time being completely different. Definitely my favourite Ozzy song. I'm not sure why they even attempted to cover it the way they did but I  think they nailed it.

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Mr. Overland again. Possibly one of the best covers I've ever heard. It maintains the feel of the original while at the same time being completely different. Definitely my favourite Ozzy song. I'm not sure why they even attempted to cover it the way they did but I  think they nailed it.

Man, this is not an Ozzy song. It was written by Overland/P. Soussan when they were in Wildlife. Ozzy liked it and demanded credits to include it in U.Sin. Easily, though, my 2nd favorite Ozzy tune after Secret Loser. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Man, this is not an Ozzy song. It was written by Overland/P. Soussan when they were in Wildlife. Ozzy liked it and demanded credits to include it in U.Sin. Easily, though, my 2nd favorite Ozzy tune after Secret Loser. 

Well there ya go. I guess the Ozzy version was a cover. Interesting.

• 1 month later...