Gathering Of Kings - First Mission

Stefan

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Glen said:

the songs are getting progressively worse imo.

Don't like that at all.

They should have just got Strid to sing all the songs ;)

I was thinking the same regarding the song quality dipping.   And a big part of that, for me, is that the vocals on this new one aren't as good as the first couple tracks

Edited by Crazysam

• 2 months later...

This is apparently released today,has anyone heard it? like the track "forever and a day" featuring Björn Strid on vocals,just reminds me of NFO but curious as to what the rest will sound like?

well Forever and a Day is of course awesome because as previously stated it's basically an NFO song, and a damned good one too.

This main problem with this is the other singers are just not that great. They should have got Strid to just sing the whole thing. Every song would improve infinitely with him singing imho.

So anyway I spent the whole album waiting for the next Strid song which turned up in the form of 'Runaway' which is another slice of deliciousness.

Along the way 'Out of the Life' is pretty great which was the 2nd song released and I quite liked 'Lonely Road' 

Aside from that it's not that great to be honest. 

• My Little Pony

The irony is a kingdom can't be ruled by more than one king, so perhaps this was doomed the moment they named it. 

lol, wtf? All that fanfare and lead-up and then it quietly gets released without a whimper and I assume most people are actually unaware it even happened? Haha. 

Oh well, now that I know about it I guess I'll try to hear it. ;)

Still need to give it a good n' proper listen. Production and music-wise I love it. Song-wise it's pretty solid but a few choruses seem to bring the songs down a tad. Vocally... that's the album's shortfall. I don't like any of the singers on this alleged gathering of "kings." More spins... but not a good selection of vocalists, imo. 

21 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Still need to give it a good n' proper listen. Production and music-wise I love it. Song-wise it's pretty solid but a few choruses seem to bring the songs down a tad. Vocally... that's the album's shortfall. I don't like any of the singers on this alleged gathering of "kings." More spins... but not a good selection of vocalists, imo. 

except Strid ;)

42 minutes ago, Glen said:

except Strid ;)

I know you love the band and they're the flavour of the month, but seriously man, I like lots of bands I can admit the lead singer is not that great. Case & point being my favourite of all time - Cauterize. I love his voice and it suits their albums, but I'm not a disco tripper. I know his voice isn't great and doesn't gel with everyone, and he's not a great stand-alone vocalist. 

And nor is the Strid character. Absolutely nothing against NFO and what they're doing for all you guys, but his voice is awful, lol. ;) I thought he'd be the worst on the album, but then the second (third track) song starts and the voice is low hanging testicles being dragged along concrete, so this Strid character sounds okay by comparison... but it's just the lesser of two evils. 

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

I know you love the band and they're the flavour of the month, but seriously man, I like lots of bands I can admit the lead singer is not that great. Case & point being my favourite of all time - Cauterize. I love his voice and it suits their albums, but I'm not a disco tripper. I know his voice isn't great and doesn't gel with everyone, and he's not a great stand-alone vocalist. 

And nor is the Strid character. Absolutely nothing against NFO and what they're doing for all you guys, but his voice is awful, lol. ;) I thought he'd be the worst on the album, but then the second (third track) song starts and the voice is low hanging testicles being dragged along concrete, so this Strid character sounds okay by comparison... but it's just the lesser of two evils. 

ha ha. in your opinion. lucky most don't agree with you. dude is awesome live as well. 

I will agree with you tho that all the other singers are very poor.

still at least I can enjoy the 2 great Strid tracks :)

This is an absolute gem of an album. Not a weak song on it. Singers are all doing a great job. I guess your opinion on that is personal preference, but I can't see how any of the vocals can ruin a song for anyone. All of them can flat out blow our wigs off. 

Altzi's performance on Love Will Stay Alive is stunning. I think they all do a very good job. 

Early contender for Album of the Year. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 10:54 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The irony is a kingdom can't be ruled by more than one king, so perhaps this was doomed the moment they named it. 

True! They should stick with Apollo! 

On 1/25/2019 at 7:20 PM, Glen said:

well Forever and a Day is of course awesome because as previously stated it's basically an NFO song, and a damned good one too.

This main problem with this is the other singers are just not that great. They should have got Strid to just sing the whole thing. Every song would improve infinitely with him singing imho.

So anyway I spent the whole album waiting for the next Strid song which turned up in the form of 'Runaway' which is another slice of deliciousness.

Along the way 'Out of the Life' is pretty great which was the 2nd song released and I quite liked 'Lonely Road' 

Aside from that it's not that great to be honest. 

whoever wrote that was spot on ;)

Those 2 Strid tracks are awesome and 2 of my favourite songs in 2019. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

whoever wrote that was spot on ;)

Those 2 Strid tracks are awesome and 2 of my favourite songs in 2019. 

For me,
Forever And A Day
Out Of My Life
Saviour
Love Will Stay Alive
Lonely Road
Angels
Runaway
are all fantastic and have no issues with the other singers.

Mighty opus, used all my online powers to grab that vinyl finally without paying a scalper's price! Forever And A Day is such a killer song (not my fave though) that I actually don't have problem with that   Gouda cheese seller  singing it.