• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Here we go again....

13094109_268084706868833_368931202103928

NICLAS ENGELIN JOINS NEW MELODIC ROCK PROJECT GATHERING OF KINGS

It is with great pleasure that we can announce our fourteenth king. As one of the guitarists and songwriters, please welcome Mr. Niclas Engelin!

Niclas Engelin is most known as the guitarist in the swedish metal band In Flames. Besides In Flames, Niclas also play guitar in Engel and Drömriket. And just like all the other members of Gathering Of Kings, Niclas has a penchant for 80's melodic rock / AOR.

Gathering Of Kings can best be described as a swedish AOR/Melodic Rock Phenomena-type-project. The yet untitled debut album will be produced, mixed and mastered by Thomas ”Plec” Johansson (Watain, Onslaught, Scar Symmetry, Solution. 45, The Night Flight Orchestra).

Gathering Of Kings have now confirmed the following artists:

13247730_278800139130623_520347564766332

• 6 months later...

I'd actually forgotten it was still a thing. Just as I had already forgotten again since my last post. And I will again once I hit the Post button.

Considering the billion people selected for this project I'm a bit surprised by the vocalist (who???) as I'd not say his voice is great, but otherwise the song sounds pretty damn good.

Considering the billion people selected for this project I'm a bit surprised by the vocalist (who???) as I'd not say his voice is great, but otherwise the song sounds pretty damn good.

Personally I love the Dude's voice (Soilwork/NFO)....but then I would ;)

Shows potential, although I expect we'll have to weather 9 more teasers and 37 more press announcements before an album is actually released.

Also, if as a "project" it means that there is a different lead vocalist on every track, I'm not sold. If it's this guy on every track, I'm in.

That's one reason that concept albums and other project releases with different lead vocalists on each track never resonate with me. All it takes is one or two vocalists I don't like to spoil the entire project. My ears like consistency...

Soilwork? Oh, yuck. I was going to ask what a NFO is, but it's your Night Flight mob, hey? That's a leap from Soilwork to that. And then to this. Either way, not a fan of his vocal.

Soilwork? Oh, yuck. I was going to ask what a NFO is, but it's your Night Flight mob, hey? That's a leap from Soilwork to that. And then to this. Either way, not a fan of his vocal.

I love his vocals, and he sounds great on this sample.

To be honest the only other vocalist I care for is Martensson, so I agree with Dan's comments - there are 5 vocalists and 3 of them will be a big ?

Having said that there should be some keepers on this as Martnesson is involved with the songwriting.

• 8 months later...