Gathering Of Kings - First Mission

Stefan

20994128_514700562207245_364004489648480

From FB:

Remember Phenomena? Well, here's something for you.. We are proud to finally let you know that a new Swedish AOR/Melodic Rock Phenomena-type-project called Gathering Of Kings is born!!!
More info, releases and news about members, music and live shows soon!! This will be awsome!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18897_921284631226161_506285072050199955

ROBBAN BÄCK (MUSTASCH, SABATON, ECLIPSE, W.E.T, AMMUNITION) TO JOIN THE NEW AOR/MELODIC ROCK PROJECT, GATHERING OF KINGS

And we know that you are very curious about the Kings. So... It is with great pleasure that we can announce our first king, please welcome, Mr, Robban Bäck!

Robban Bäck is the great drummer of the Swedish band Mustasch. Despite his young age he's had quite a long carreer including work with bands such as Sabaton, Eclipse, W.E.T and Ammunition.

Thank you for joining the GATHERING OF KINGS family, Robban Bäck

12729080_227295567614414_552647941869707

NALLE PÅHLSSON (THERION, LAST AUTUMN'S DREAM, TREAT, VINDICTIV) JOINS GATHERING OF KINGS!

It is with great pleasure that we can announce our second king. On bass... please welcome, Mr. Nalle Påhlsson!

Nalle Påhlsson is most known as member of the bands THERION and L.A.D. (Last Autumn´s Dream) but also for his years with swedish melodic rockers TREAT, Randy Pipers Animal, Brian Robertson Band (ex Thin Lizzy) and progressive rockers VINDICTIV. In september 2015 he released an album with his own band ROYAL MESS. Today he´s also touring the world with swedish singer Martina Edoff.

Nalle has also since the mid 80´s toured and recorded with some of the biggest artists in Sweden, Denmark and Norway such as Mikael Rickfors, Pugh Rogefeldt, Sanne Salomonsen, Mats Ronander, Tomas Ledin, Tommy Nilsson, Tone Norum, Trine Rein and many more.....

Thank you for joining the GATHERING OF KINGS family, Nalle Påhlsson.

More news and info about members, coming soon!! Until that... don't forget to spread the word.

Make sure 2 follow our official Facebook https://www.facebook.com/gatheringofkingssweden

GATHERING OF KINGS:

Vocals:
TBA

Guitars:
TBA

Bass:
* Nalle Påhlsson (THERION, TREAT, LAST AUTUMN'S DREAM, VINDICTIV, RANDY PIPER'S ANIMAL, ROYAL MESS, MARTINA EDOFF)

Keyboards:
TBA

Drums:
* Robban Bäck (MUSTASCH, ECLIPSE, SABATON, W.E.T, AMMUNITION)

56D4750B-zinny-zan-joins-new-melodic-roc

Zinny Zan (Easy Action, Shotgun Messiah) to join Gathering Of Kings!

It is with great pleasure that we can announce our third king. As one of the songwriters and one of four lead vocalists... please welcome, Mr. Zinny Zan!

Zinny Zan is most known as the singer & frontman in legendary bands like Easy Action & Shotgun Messiah. Zinny have also released albums with his own band Zan Clan as well as a solo album. 2013 Zinny wrote the title track for the american rock movie “The Perfect age of Rock N Roll” starring Golden Globe winning actor Peter Fonda. The flamboyant singer will also be releasing a Live album in 2016 with the band Shotgun “Live at Decadencia Drive” as well as writing new music to a new film project .

Thank you for joining the GATHERING OF KINGS family, Zinny Zan.

More news and info about members, coming soon!!

WTF? I wonder if this will actually ever get off the ground, and if so, how many members will come and go before they record something? Again, as I said, this is strange.

Bjorn%2BStrid%2BFoto%2BCarlos%2BHolmberg

BJÖRN "SPEED" STRID (SOILWORK, THE NIGHT FLIGHT ORCHESTRA) JOINS NEW MELODIC ROCK PROJECT GATHERING OF KINGS

It is with great pleasure that we can announce our fourth king. One of the most versatile vocalists in the world, please welcome Mr. Björn Strid!

"Björn "Speed" Strid is most known as the vocalist in Soilwork and The Night Flight Orchestra. He has been touring the world for the last 18 years. Soilwork released their 10th album "The Ride Majestic" in August 2015 on Nuclear Blast Records. The Night Flight Orchestra released their sophomore album "Skyline Whispers" on Coroner Records in June 2015. Björn has also been doing a lot of session/studio work the last 15 years, for bands from all corners of the world."

Thank you for joining the GATHERING OF KINGS family, Björn Strid.

Gathering Of Kings have now confirmed the following artists:
* Björn Strid - vocals (Soilwork, The Night Flight Orchestra)
* Zinny Zan - vocals (Easy Action, Shotgun Messiah)
* Nalle Påhlsson - bass (Therion, Treat, Last Autumn's Dream)
* Robban Bäck - drums (Mustasch, Eclipse, Sabaton, W.E.T).

VICTOR OLSSON (SAFFIRE) JOINS NEW MELODIC ROCK PROJECT GATHERING OF KINGS

It is with great pleasure that we can announce our fifth king. As one of the guitarists/songwriters, please welcome Mr. Victor Olsson!
Victor Olsson is an extraordinary talented guitarist and songwriter. He is the founder and guitarist of SAFFIRE whose second album "For The Greater Good", produced by Victor, has been praised among fans, magazines and online forums all over the world. SAFFIRE will be opening up this year's Sweden Rock Festival and will also be joining Spiritual Beggars for a mini tour in Sweden. Victor's young age and talent makes him and his music a force to be reckoned with for many years to come!

capture-20160303-094359.png

Thank you for joining the GATHERING OF KINGS family, Victor Olsson.

* Victor Olsson - guitars (Saffire)

So how many members are they going for? Just a keyboard guy and they'll be good to go? Or are they just going to keep gathering members until even you and I are part of the band?

• My Little Pony

So how many members are they going for? Just a keyboard guy and they'll be good to go? Or are they just going to keep gathering members until even you and I are part of the band?

Well, they're called Gathering of Kings, Geoffrey, so they're probably not gonna stop until they've gathered them all.

Well, they're called Gathering of Kings, Geoffrey, so they're probably not gonna stop until they've gathered them all.

I dunno ... you only need three kings to have a (small) gathering.

You'd figure anymore than one King and there will be problems. You'd also recon a queen or two and a gaggle of knights would be necessary to round out the table.

You'd figure anymore than one King and there will be problems. You'd also recon a queen or two and a gaggle of knights would be necessary to round out the table.

A jester might keep them amused and stop any hostility...

Oh no. Will it ever stop? Already 7 kings.

Chris%252BLaney.jpg

It is with great pleasure that we can announce our sixth king. As one of the guitarists and songwriters, please welcome Mr. Chris Laney!

Chris Laney is a singer, songwriter and producer as well as a recording musician in his own right. Chris has worked and played with members of KISS, Black Sabbath, W.A.S.P. and many, many more.

Thank you for joining the Gathering Of Kings family, Chris Laney.

* Chris Laney - guitars (Randy Piper's Animal, Shotgun)

More members will be announced soon!!

3oxpoh7km5oyfheht01p.jpeg

It is with great pleasure that we can announce our seventh king. As one of the guitarists, please welcome Mr. Stefan Helleblad!

Stefan Helleblad is most known as the guitarist in dutch band Within Temptation and swedish band Jono.
Besides his work as a guitar player he has been active as a studio engineer since early 2000, working with bands/artists like Within Temptation, The Ark, Pugh Rogefeldt, Smaklösa, Delain, The Charm The Fury, Stereo Generator to name a few.

Thank you for joining the Gathering Of Kings family, Stefan Helleblad.

* Stefan Helleblad - guitars (Within Temptation, Jono)

More members will be announced soon!!

How many announcements ago did this whole thing just get really, really stupid?

I can just see it; they'll be announcing their 189th band member at the end of 2016 and they won't even have entertained the notion of actually *GASP!* writing a song. Idiotic.

I can just see it; they'll be announcing their 189th band member at the end of 2016 and they won't even have entertained the notion of actually *GASP!* writing a song. Idiotic.

Are you just upset that you haven't had the call yet?

:whistle:

A-2938611-1377584506-4958.jpeg.jpg

It is with great pleasure that we can announce our eighth king. As one of the vocalists, please welcome Mr. Tobias Jansson!

Tobias Jansson is the singer in one of Swedens most promising hard rock constellations - Saffire. The trademark for this king is his wide range of vocal expressions. He often finds himself wandering between the soft and the agitated , sometimes with a touch of theatricality and a subtle nerve.

Tobias Jansson's Saffire recently released their second studio album "For The Greater Good" that also has been praised in media all over the globe. Furthermore he has found himself in numerous bands and projects over the years (The Law, Silent Scythe, Sugarglider, Evil Masquerade), but it's through the alliance with Saffire that Tobias Jansson truly has found himself his stronghold and nourishing ground to grow even stronger. 2016 will be a year to remember!

Thank you for joining the Gathering Of Kings family, Tobias Jansson.

* Tobias Jansson - vocals (Saffire, Evil Masquerade)
* Stefan Helleblad - guitars (Within Temptation, Jono)

Are you just upset that you haven't had the call yet?

:whistle:

Oh, but they have. Wait for Friday's announcement. ;)

• My Little Pony

This whole thread is ridiculous.

Most of the people announced so far are hardly news to write home about.

Kings my arse.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Kings my arse.

And at this rate they will have more vocalists than songs. Unless they do a double disc.

Well hasnt that already happened as there are ZERO songs?

• My Little Pony

Kings my arse.

And at this rate they will have more vocalists than songs. Unless they do a double disc.

He's not wrong.

Kings my arse.

He's not wrong.

"Hi, I have a cool band with a cool name.. we dont have any songs, and dont know who is in it... but we are great!"