Wild Rose - 4

Stefan

I'm enjoying it,it just sounds what it is,laid back summery AOR, I know what Geoff means about the basis being there and they could offer so much more with a big production,but for me the production is alright on this one,the singer from Grand Design that produced this release didn't he? for me its their best release thus far but I like their entire back catalogue,,,even most of Andy Rocks solo outing :)

Yeah, it's not even that it's a bad production job. It sounds fine... but it's very subdued. I don't feel like all the elements are properly highlighted. Like that 'Time after time' song. That could be absolutely massive if you really elevated the chorus from the rest of the song. As it is, it just kind of pops out a little bit from the rest of the song and slots back in when the chorus is over.

They just need a producer who really just takes everything they already offer, but, for lack of a better term, just makes it more "bombastic." Huge choruses, crisper guitar riffs and fills, lush keys... everything that's already there... just highlighted.

I'm enjoying it,it just sounds what it is,laid back summery AOR, I know what Geoff means about the basis being there and they could offer so much more with a big production,but for me the production is alright on this one,the singer from Grand Design that produced this release didn't he? for me its their best release thus far but I like their entire back catalogue,,,even most of Andy Rocks solo outing :)

Yeah, it's not even that it's a bad production job. It sounds fine... but it's very subdued. I don't feel like all the elements are properly highlighted. Like that 'Time after time' song. That could be absolutely massive if you really elevated the chorus from the rest of the song. As it is, it just kind of pops out a little bit from the rest of the song and slots back in when the chorus is over.

They just need a producer who really just takes everything they already offer, but, for lack of a better term, just makes it more "bombastic." Huge choruses, crisper guitar riffs and fills, lush keys... everything that's already there... just highlighted.

My issue is the vocals / keys (which sound way too sugary) and guitars all seem to 'blend' together....you cannot make out individual elements. I like my sound clean and distinctive.....not this blurry mess.

lettard

First two albums are sold out.

Half Past Midnight was released 1000press in October 2011, sold out at August 2013.

10647199_10152775019841649_5208719366044

Dangerous was released 1500press February 2013 SOLD OUT Februday 2015.

You'll be lucky if you find any copy on ebay of those 2 (half past midnight is very difficult to be found).

Now "4" (Hellenic Limited 300 Hand Numbered Edition + 2 Bonus Tracks) almost 100copies left

You can get it now singed by www.wildrose.gr signed or from Steel Gallery Records.

Thanx for the info,I managed to get Dangerous :) do you know if the band plan a reissue at any point of the debut,as it states on the retrospect post above that the first pressing of the cd has sold out...fingers crossed for a reissue :)

Anybody know the drums here are real or fake/program ? coz what I found yesterday after a full spin of this, probably there are 3-4 tracks with some bad drums fill, it's like it missed couple of tempos

Overall, a good 75%-ish album, probably not too far off from their last one

lettard

It's in our thoughts for a limited reissue press of 300 or 500copies of "Half Past Midnight" and later on "Dangerous" as soon as possible. Current offers of labels doesn't allow that so, it'll probably be a self release.

Nightrain

Yes, drums are real and played by the bands drummer Dimos Thomaidis. Pearl Dumset and Zildjian Cymbals. Recorded at Stone House Studio.

11159910_10153229433201649_2224001000223

lettard

It's in our thoughts for a limited reissue press of 300 or 500copies of "Half Past Midnight" and later on "Dangerous" as soon as possible. Current offers of labels doesn't allow that so, it'll probably be a self release.

Happy days,will have to keep on the lookout for that if it happens...or maybe you could let us all know here :) I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in its reissue,as long as 299 or 499 people are after me :)

CSM

good to hear and I take it you represent the band or maybe one of the member ?

congrats on your new album, good release although I still stand by my criticism that drum sounded kinda fake, or maybe not well rehearsed ? hopefully it'll be better in the future and please take it as a constructive input :)

lettard

I'll let you know here when it happens. Thank you.

Nightrain

Thank you! I'm the bands manager, promotioner, designer and singing backing vocals and everything in between.

As for criticism no worries, everyone has his own opinion about an album or how he thinks it should sound. For me as a collector of melodic-rock/hard rock records is the best melodic rock album released in the last 10 not to say more years and that's not cause I'm the bands manager, it's just my opinion. ;) Have a nice week mate. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoying this release,real good summertime vibe to it for me...and considering where I live it rains almost all of the time(yes,even in summer) then the sound is a good thing for me :) by far their best release thus far.

• 1 year later...