Wild Rose - 4

Stefan

17834108_10155176784821649_1852505414300

From FB:

We feel very proud to present you all info of our new albums triple release named "4" (Δ', Δέλτα, Délta, Four; Meaning: Delta measures the rate of change of the theoretical option value with respect to changes in the underlying asset's price)! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Please share the news to your friends and let them know! Cheers to all our fans!!

Band: Wild Rose
Album: 4
Label: Lions Pride Music
Promotions: C.S. Management & Promotions
Out: 6 May 2016
Tracklist:
1. Desperate Heart, 2. Love Can Change You, 3. Summer Girl, 4. Time After Time, 5. Love Games, 6. Hot Wired, 7. Save The Night, 8. Broken Hearted, 9. Waiting For You, 10. Don't Let Me Down.

“Wild Rose - 4” has been recorded at EVO Studios, Evosmos, Hellas except drums recorded at Stone House Studio, Evosmos, Hellas between May 2015 and August 2015.
“4” was mixed by Pelle Saether at Studio Underground, Vasteras, Sweden and mastered by Dan Backman and Produced by Andy Rock and co-Produced by Wild Rose.
December 2015 and the new album was ready and three different front covers were taken care by C.S.M&P Designs for the triple release of it.

"Wild Rose – 4" was critically acclaimed by the press:

"Like a glorious page ripped from the book of ‘Consummate 80s American Melodic Rock’, Wild Rose’s fourth release is a monumental achievement that will have fans of Survivor and Night Ranger begging for more. Simply amazing! – Bruce Mee / Fireworks Magazine UK"

"A major step up for Wild Rose in every aspect. Much bigger production, terrific performances and above all else - some truly catchy old school AOR songs that will help these guys gain a lot of new fans. – Andrew McNeice/melodicrock.com"

And the Wild Rose story keeps on rocking'...

The brand new critically acclaimed album "Wild Rose - 4" will be Available On:
• Lions Pride Music - May 6th of 2016 (Worldwide)
• Avalon / Marquee Inc. / @AVALON_LABEL - April 20th of 2016 (Japan, Korea, Taiwan) [1 Exclusive Bonus Track]
Steel Gallery/Arkeyn Steel - May 13th of 2016 (Hellas) [300 Limited Hand Numbered Edition with 2 Bonus Tracks]

Wild Rose:
Andy Rock – Guitars, Backing Vocals, Additional Keyboards
George Bitzios – Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
Dirty Haris – Keyboards
John Bitzios – Lead & Rhythm Guitars, Backing Vocals
Dimos Thomaidis – Drums, Percussion
Panos Barkoutsos – Bass

Chris Siloma – Backing Vocals & Choirs

Wild%2BRose%2B-%2B4%2B-%2BWorldwide%2BRe

We feel very proud to present you all info of our new albums triple release named "4" (Δ', Δέλτα, Délta, Four; Meaning: Delta measures the rate of change of the theoretical option value with respect to changes in the underlying asset's price)!

What? What the fuck does that all mean? Is the album just called '4,' or not?

"A major step up for Wild Rose in every aspect. Much bigger production, terrific performances and above all else - some truly catchy old school AOR songs that will help these guys gain a lot of new fans. – Andrew McNeice/melodicrock.com"

That is all I want to hear. These guys write horrific lyrics and the most banal tunes you can imagine, BUT, it's all very catchy and nice melodic rock. Their biggest letdown (even bigger than their awful lyrics) has been the weak production jobs. Would love to hear an album from there with good production.

No mention of Saylor's departure from the band? Or did I miss that one? I wonder what the new vocalist is like...

We feel very proud to present you all info of our new albums triple release named "4" (Δ', Δέλτα, Délta, Four; Meaning: Delta measures the rate of change of the theoretical option value with respect to changes in the underlying asset's price)!

What? What the fuck does that all mean? Is the album just called '4,' or not?

I guess they mean 3 different album covers. From FB:

Cover 1: Lions Pride Music - May 6th of 2016 (Worldwide)

R-8312143-1459136973-2782.jpeg.jpg

Cover 2: Avalon / Marquee Inc. / @AVALON_LABEL - April 20th of 2016 (Japan, Korea, Taiwan) [1 Exclusive Bonus Track]

tvjrjbhe.jpg

Cover 3: Steel Gallery/Arkeyn Steel - May 13th of 2016 (Hellas) [300 Limited Hand Numbered Edition with 2 Bonus Tracks]

wildrose-4.jpg?itok=teqM_5-i

Actually the album title means FOUR (ΤΕΣΣΕΡΑ = four).Probably because this is their 4th album.

The differential (dx) that represents an infinitely small change in the variable(x) is usually pronounced as Delta X.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No mention of Saylor's departure from the band? Or did I miss that one? I wonder what the new vocalist is like...

Jeez, no one cares about these guys at all, hey? :lol: I just noticed the "new" vocalist is actually their original vocalist. No mention of that in their Facebook write-up? Seriously? Surely that's newsworthy?

Anyway, love the new song. It's extremely typical of them, but it's sounding good. The lyrics are the same as every other song they've written, but jeez it's nice melodic rock, and the production job does sound good too.

"Geoff: No mention of that in their Facebook write-up?"

The return of original vocalist and guitarist has been mentioned and announced with an acoustic video back in APRIL 2015!

The bands bio also mentions about it in both facebook and official website biography.
"April 2015 George and John Bitzios reunite with the band and Wild Rose release the acoustic version of the track “I Want Your Love” as a single.

In the meanwhile Wild Rose start writing and recording new songs for their upcoming fourth album and also complete their “Hit ‘N’ Run Tour” in October with more than 5 successful shows in Hellas taking the applause of the crowds."

Cool, thanks mate. Yeah, I was just looking at the first post in this thread which was lifted from Facebook and didn't see any mention of it there. To be honest, I don't use Facebook at all so I wouldn't have seen anything aside from what's on this site. ;)

Good news anyway; looking forward to the album.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I listened to this on Spotify - there are some really good songs but that production is still suffering imo.

Not as bad as the previously virtually unlistenable albums, but the vocals are still 'blending' on the choruses which really puts me off and makes for an awkward listening experience - Time After Time being a prime example.....the chorus just sounds really muffled, the vocals, keys and guitar all blending into one another.

'Summer Girl' is amazing tho - prob top 10 song so far in 2016. Other picks would be 'Love Games' and 'Waiting For You' (this one actually sounds pretty good production wise)

Good stuff. Extremely typical Wild Rose, which is very good (but not amazing).

I don't know if Retrospect re-stocks stuff anymore at the moment, but the debut was released on Retrospect and was available from there for $10... but I note it's out of stock at the moment. Could be tricky to get that one if they don't have it in stock again.

I don't know if Retrospect re-stocks stuff anymore at the moment, but the debut was released on Retrospect and was available from there for $10... but I note it's out of stock at the moment. Could be tricky to get that one if they don't have it in stock again.

Thanx Geoff,I contacted em,Sam replied to say it was only a 500 pressing and they were not getting it again,contacted Georg at AOR heaven about Dangerous,again a no go as they no longer hold the rights to the release :( ill just keep my eyes peeled for em,can get Dangerous but £50 is a bit extreme for such a newish release imho

HAPPY BIRTHDAY btw :)

Haha, thanks. Yeah, to be honest, I really struggled to get any of these albums from these guys. I got lucky with the debut from Retrospect when it was available and cheap, but that's it. :(

Anyway, heard this new one today - really nice. It's the same formula as always, but I cannot resist it. The lyrics are dribble, but the music tracks are just brilliant; perfect melodic rock / AOR. The one thing I continually wish for these guys is for a great producer to grab them by the balls and just manhandle them. Really separate those choruses from the verses and make these songs something to really behold, because lord jesus H christ knows the basis is there. I especially loved 'Time after time.'

Haha, thanks. Yeah, to be honest, I really struggled to get any of these albums from these guys. I got lucky with the debut from Retrospect when it was available and cheap, but that's it. :(

Anyway, heard this new one today - really nice. It's the same formula as always, but I cannot resist it. The lyrics are dribble, but the music tracks are just brilliant; perfect melodic rock / AOR. The one thing I continually wish for these guys is for a great producer to grab them by the balls and just manhandle them. Really separate those choruses from the verses and make these songs something to really behold, because lord jesus H christ knows the basis is there. I especially loved 'Time after time.'

Jesus knows that Summer Girl + Time After Time are the best tracks from the bunch.

I'm enjoying it,it just sounds what it is,laid back summery AOR, I know what Geoff means about the basis being there and they could offer so much more with a big production,but for me the production is alright on this one,the singer from Grand Design that produced this release didn't he? for me its their best release thus far but I like their entire back catalogue,,,even most of Andy Rocks solo outing :)

lettard

First two albums are sold out.

Half Past Midnight was released 1000press in October 2011, sold out at August 2013.

10647199_10152775019841649_5208719366044

Dangerous was released 1500press February 2013 SOLD OUT Februday 2015.

You'll be lucky if you find any copy on ebay of those 2 (half past midnight is very difficult to be found).

Now "4" (Hellenic Limited 300 Hand Numbered Edition + 2 Bonus Tracks) almost 100copies left

You can get it now singed by www.wildrose.gr signed or from Steel Gallery Records.