Best of 2015 lists posted!

heavyharmonies

I just posted my Best of 2015 list, along with those from Mike, Pete, Jez, and Terry. 2015 was a great year for melodic and hard rock releases, so see if your favorites are on our lists and comment at the bottom of the page to leave your own top 5 lists!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Great lists! Almost no crossovers in each other's Top 5's. Every year has a handful of folks complaining that there aren't very many good releases in that year. But I say the differences between the Top 5's, and the Honorable Mentions, proves otherwise. Every year I read these lists and realise there are so many albums I need to pick up.

• My Little Pony

Slik Toxik's Irrelevant? Did that get a reissue that nobody mentioned?

Huh. So it did. And at a nice price point. I'd pick it up, if you don't already own it.

perrisrecords.secure.guardedhost.com/catalog/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=297&category=catalog&PHPSESSID=7g9uq0i1tvm0avfiblhljb4fg3

Interesting read as always.

2 things stick out -

1. Only one mention of 'Care of Night'.........did this fly under people's radar ?

2. Jez is about the only person who actually likes that 'Cats in Space' album ;-)

Always an interesting read, but there is something glaringly obviously wrong with all but Jez's list. Uh, gents (aside from Jez)... where the fuck is CARE OF NIGHT in all of your lists?!

I mean, to each their own. If you heard it and you're gay, uh, I mean it didn't do much for you, fair enough. Put it in your also rans or honourable mentions, but do I understand that of all you guys, only Jez actually heard it? Shame on you. As fans of melodic rock, it was without doubt one of the premier releases of 2015... easily. Shame on you.

Anyway, never thought I'd say it, but Jez wins this year. Aside from hating his number one choice, lol, I'd agree most with the rest of his. Pete has some real curveballs this year compared to a list I usually relate to most of you chaps.

But anyway, thanks for the reading, and a solid handful of albums I need to check out (Escape the Fate released an album in 2015? Really??)

But yeah, seriously, aside from Terry (and Jez) as I know it's not his caper,why on earth did you other guys not listen to Care of Night??

2 things stick out -

1. Only one mention of 'Care of Night'.........did this fly under people's radar ?

2. Jez is about the only person who actually likes that 'Cats in Space' album ;-)

Homework required. ;) Cats In Space - Dan's Number 4 if i recall correctly, Rock Report - 21st out of 100 in their end of year chart and generally very positive reviews just about everywhere else if you care to read a few on the net. A lot of people did notice it and liked it

• My Little Pony

You must have posted that as I was typing, Glen, but good points. ;)

I took you 40+ minutes to type that up?

• My Little Pony

(aside from Jez)... where the fuck is CARE OF NIGHT in all of your lists?!

The very first thing I was looking for in each list. I was very shocked to find it absent in all but Jezzer's.

2 things stick out -

Homework required. ;) Cats In Space - Dan's Number 4 if i recall correctly, Rock Report - 21st out of 100 in their end of year chart and generally very positive reviews just about everywhere else if you care to read a few on the net. A lot of people did notice it and liked it

Lol. Rock reports 21st album means one person voted for it....was it you ;-)

I'll amend my verdict.

3 people like it - you, Dan and Rob Evans.

:-)

Care of Night? Simple: Couldn't find samples to listen to in order to decide if I wanted to shell out the bucks to buy it. I'm not about to purchase blind. That gets expensive in a big fat hurry.

• My Little Pony

Care of Night? Simple: Couldn't find samples to listen to in order to decide if I wanted to shell out the bucks to buy it. I'm not about to purchase blind. That gets expensive in a big fat hurry.

I think all the tracks are up on FaceTubes.

2 things stick out -

I'll amend my verdict.

You need to do some more home work ....Try reading the reviews including Powerplay magazine, Classic Rock, Fireworks, Melodic.net, also the excellent radio play on BBC Radio 2, Planet Rock etc..and all the others that bought it (and sold out the first pressing in less than 2 weeks with the 2nd pressing going the same way very shortly).You get the point...obviously that makes only 3 of us that like it...i'll say no more ;)

2 things stick out -

I'll amend my verdict.

You need to do some more home work ....Try reading the reviews including Powerplay magazine, Classic Rock, Fireworks, Melodic.net, also the excellent radio play on BBC Radio 2, Planet Rock etc..and all the others that bought it (and sold out the first pressing in less than 2 weeks with the 2nd pressing going the same way very shortly).You get the point...obviously that makes only 3 of us that like it...i'll say no more ;)

You do realise that winks mean im winding you up ;-)

Perhaps you should search your own site ;-)

At least 8 full tracks were posted in that thread.

There was also a full showcase on melrock and its on Spotify which is free.

Go check it out its a great album.

They are excellent live too.

Cheers

Cheers

Give Dan a break......

He was probably reading and deleting the Jared is a cocksucker Thread by Sam!!

:rofl2:

Cheers

It wasn't on Spotify at the time it was being discussed here. I know, because I looked for it on Spotify; it may have been added later.

At the end of the day, we're not all going to hear all of the albums released each year. So if your favorite/essential disc didn't make someone's top 5 list, it's not the end of the world.

Always good to see others lists and pick up a few tips for albums I've not heard.

Don't get cats in space. Tried a few times but just not my thing.

I seem to be the only person who rates the romeos daughter as their album of the year. Really played it way more than any other.

Anybody who hasn't heard the care of night really needs to.

Here ya go Dan:

http://youtu.be/-YZytCf6hMQ

Really strong disc!

So is that the whole album then? It is produced over the top like the Berzerk record from Tigertailz but way to fluffy for these ears. I heard a sax solo in there too. I wish that epic Station album had a proper two bags of money backing it production like that.