AlphaMale

Baltimore Rocks -- Blast From The Past

Here is some pictures shared with me by Mike Beatty of Tattoo Taxi and Censored:

Rocker O

289207_1920663344056_8265002_o.jpg

282481_1920655823868_1367812_n.jpg

262878_1934107440150_7611917_n.jpg

299392_1943394592323_5237100_n.jpg

300065_1934105560103_544178_n.jpg

301429_1934103600054_5795185_n.jpg

283949_1919062784043_1301378_n.jpg

And pictures of the original City Fixx courtesy of Kevin Bern:

12746399_10207136094872593_1129871742_n.

12722069_10207136089792466_55483452_n.jp

12721674_10207136090352480_1070494687_n.

Here is some pictures shared with me by Mike Beatty of Tattoo Taxi and Censored:

Rocker O

289207_1920663344056_8265002_o.jpg

282481_1920655823868_1367812_n.jpg

Yo, they got a brown dude? That's awesome! Everyone always says this scene was exclusively white folk, which is almost true, so I love finding bands that are racially diverse. Now I can tell my Indian family I know of one band with one brown guy in it. Ha!

Dudes had some real proper mullets... as in the real, proper mullets. Which were not cool.

12742842_449751058546863_492052999943107

Here's a little treat for you all. My upload:

Tattoo Taxi "Love Me Green"

Are the Record and Tape Traders stores still in existence??

Rear Entrance Recording Artists Backseat Driver

:) Wow, I miss the subtlety of the 80's. :)

Are the Record and Tape Traders stores still in existence??

I think there is 1 store still open. There used to be a bunch of them.

http://www.recordandtapetraders.com/

:rofl2:

:rofl2:

I don't think they were a Baltimore area band. As the ad says "only area appearance".

Anybody ever heard any music from them?

Next band to hook me up with studio demos? IROC!! Coming soon!!

Here's a pic Michael Leigh shared with me:

iroc_band.jpg

Mike's says IROC is a 3-song demo.

My current Baltimore area local demo Want List:

RACE THE RAT

SEX AND SIN/SINCLAIR
RUMBLE STREET
BAD PENNY
BOMB SQUAD
WIZEKRAK
MIS-FIT/MR. RIGHT
STRIPPER
CENSORED
IROC
BAD LOVE
TAINTED SAINTS
MIRIAH
EX-AXTION
BITCH BOY
THEM DAMN DOGS
FUZZY LIPSTIK
MANNEKIN
FRAIDY CAT
SOUL GYPSY
STRAIT JACKET
XENON SCREAM
THE FUNK JUNKIES

Just chatted with SHAKE THE FAITH's Jon Weed (yes.... that's really his name!). This is NOT the Shake The Faith that featured Tommy Thayer of Black 'N Blue and released "America The Violent" CD in 1994. This is Baltimore's own! Have a review of their demo to share. He is sending me the actual demo tape!!! I am so happy!!!

12734147_450629775125658_825390619251472

Just chatted with SHAKE THE FAITH's Jon Weed (yes.... that's really his name!). This is NOT the Shake The Faith that featured Tommy Thayer of Black 'N Blue and released "America The Violent" CD in 1994. This is Baltimore's own! Have a review of their demo to share. He is sending me the actual demo tape!!! I am so happy!!!

12734147_450629775125658_825390619251472

Awesome..... :git::beerbang: hope to hear all 6 songs :git:

Very cool song... almost inaudible sound quality, though. :(

Very cool song... almost inaudible sound quality, though. :(

I'm sure what he sends me will sound way better.

12771584_451475351707767_275501685979216

Some here are the bands that have promised me demos:

Them Damn Dogs

EZ-Axtion

Censored

Iroc

City Fixx

Mis-Fit

Mr. Right

Shake The Faith

And now maybe MIRIAH. Just talked to their band manager from back then. He is going to put me in contact with a few members of the band.

Oh, I know some of those. Quade, I was not a huge fan of. Is Skin & Bones the Skin & Bones?

I think Vaudville had a lot of potential but the demos I have are all horrible sound quality. I love their song, 'Waiting.'

Hey Geoff... Vaudville's bass player was Jeff Reid (later SR-71).

The plot thickens......

Tattoo Taxi featured two ex-Mona Lisa members!

Tattoo Taxi:

Mike Beatty: Vocals (ex-Censored)

Gray Manna: Bass (ex-Lost Angels)

Don De'Oliveira: Guitars (ex-Mona Lisa)

Rob "L.A." Lasky: Drums (ex-Mona Lisa)

Who's the man? This guy.

Mike Beatty of Tattoo Taxi is hooking me up with their songs. :D

Awesome news...PM me when you get them...Living in a box is cool :git: I know Robert Lasky has the Grounded for Life songs...but he is a very hard person to get a hold of....rock on bro :D

I am pretty sure the Grounded For Life demo has the same songs as The Art Of Seduction except for the addition of "Nightmares"

The Tattoo Taxi guy posted each song as a video on his FB page. I will be ripping each of them one by one and saving them as mp3's. Hope they turn out okay.

"Grounded For Life" is only 5 songs (one being an instrumental) and none of those songs are on "The Art Of Seduction"

The plot thickens......

Tattoo Taxi:

Who's the man? This guy.

Awesome news...PM me when you get them...Living in a box is cool :git: I know Robert Lasky has the Grounded for Life songs...but he is a very hard person to get a hold of....rock on bro :D

I am pretty sure the Grounded For Life demo has the same songs as The Art Of Seduction except for the addition of "Nightmares"

The Tattoo Taxi guy posted each song as a video on his FB page. I will be ripping each of them one by one and saving them as mp3's. Hope they turn out okay.

"Grounded For Life" is only 5 songs (one being an instrumental) and none of those songs are on "The Art Of Seduction"

Hmmm...... so what's going around in the trading circles is bogus.

The plot thickens......

Tattoo Taxi:

Who's the man? This guy.

Hmmm...... so what's going around in the trading circles is bogus.

I knew that anyway. I remember it. I want it badly. LOL.

It slays!!

Did you find it Dave??