Baltimore Rocks -- Blast From The Past

AlphaMale

Hi, just stumbled across this thread.

Holy shit, this thread brings back memories of me being fifteen and hanging out at The Rage with OSP, Rumblestreet, Shock LaRue, Gunga Din and a bunch of others before I started playing music myself in the early to mid nineties.

I'm Jay, currently live in Harrisburg PA and originally from B-more. I look forward to more stuff to make me realize that my life is no where close to being as fun as it was back then. 

Especially the music scenes...

On 2/22/2019 at 1:18 AM, Jay_Gent13 said:

Hi, just stumbled across this thread.

Holy shit, this thread brings back memories of me being fifteen and hanging out at The Rage with OSP, Rumblestreet, Shock LaRue, Gunga Din and a bunch of others before I started playing music myself in the early to mid nineties.

I'm Jay, currently live in Harrisburg PA and originally from B-more. I look forward to more stuff to make me realize that my life is no where close to being as fun as it was back then. 

Especially the music scenes...

Hey man. Cool to meet you. I'm in Baltimore. I was a big time club guy back then as well, especially The Rage!

As promised, DAGGER is seeing a proper release with 3 never released bonus tracks!!

PRE-ORDER DAGGER - Deep Cuts ships in March

$9.99

Image of PRE-ORDER DAGGER - Deep Cuts ships in March

CD HHR074

FOR FANS OF: Queensryche, Hittman, Leatherwolf, Fifth Angel & Extreme

OVERVIEW
The members of Baltimore, Maryland band DAGGER, vocalist Rob Olds, guitar duel Paul Leopardi and John Lejnar with bassist Phil Mahoney and drummer Barry Moss came together in the winter of 1987. They would quickly start making waves on their local club circuit.

In 1989 the band enter the studio to lay down 6-tracks for an EP titled “Dream Stealer” that would be entirely self-produced and released by the band. The release would only help the band’s reputation grow as it out sale major releases in local record stores. Along with their growing live audiences and radio play across the country, things were only looking up for DAGGER.
...Then the 90s happened.

Three-fourths of the band would continue on into the next decade under the new name HIGH BRIDGE and with a slight direction change in sound that still showed where the band originally came from. By the end of the decade, HIGH BRIDGE would release their debut album “The Gift” that would see little to no distribution and is now extremely difficult to find.

TRACK LIST:
(order may change)
01. Enchanting Me
02. Call on the Brave
03. Let's Party
04. Lasting Love
05. Fight
06. Take Me
07 Feeling
08 Her Eyes
09 The Gift
10 Irony
11 Haunted
12 She Said
13 Addicted
14. Stuck in a Cave
15. She's Gone
16. No One to Blame

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fheavenandhellrecords.bigcartel.com%2Fproduct%2Fnot-yet-available-dagger-deep-cuts%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR286DtzqrB44sacB7aAk1W9Y46M_nAimV_mZqu7CrCZtZ4BmVoO-s2pNJk&h=AT25DJsQo3fQjGBHorKxD6D9KLLpmuAl1ZhQI1UZTdBHkvqQkJSvIitu-7tm9LyzpevDhdA5UeEvGfugF1xt5w8Ib5sLi9POzEIYo04JwmkBr1gLRbjA-x9lqcQue71zqX7ChyXw8gHHpMtThqFwWzDiRaUrNXkeFx33RYkgPwT1Uigs6fUXdQH6FRLOvdI

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's great listening to this stuff again, all I have left is an Orange Seed Parade demo and a Reprobates EP, both on cassette.

Speaking of the Reprobates, I guess the set designer/dresser of the movie Disturbia was from Baltimore. There are a bunch of their flyers in the main character's bedroom.

• 4 months later...

Hey all! Saw something here about some “Mona Lisa” interests. I’m Ricky Thomas, the singer of that band. There are very few copies of the first record, “Grounded For Life”, out there but they do exist. A great friend of the band by the name of Russ Nussman is the go to guy. I don’t have his private email off hand but he can be found on Facebook. Hope that helps. Thanks all for keeping it alive! R.T

4 hours ago, Ricky T. said:

Hey all! Saw something here about some “Mona Lisa” interests. I’m Ricky Thomas, the singer of that band. There are very few copies of the first record, “Grounded For Life”, out there but they do exist. A great friend of the band by the name of Russ Nussman is the go to guy. I don’t have his private email off hand but he can be found on Facebook. Hope that helps. Thanks all for keeping it alive! R.T

Ricky.... it's Russ here!! Thanks for the shout out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...