Baltimore Rocks -- Blast From The Past

AlphaMale

Mona Lisa:

Ricky Thomas - Lead Vocals

Don DeOliveira - All Guitars and Backing Vocals

Ray St. Michael - Bass Guitar and Backing Vocals

L.A. Roberts - Drums and Backing Vocals

Cool....wonder if this is the same lineup for Grounded For Life!

Yes......same lineup on Grounded For Life

Do you have Grounded For Life? I am searching the ends of the earth for it.

Oh, I know some of those. Quade, I was not a huge fan of. Is Skin & Bones the Skin & Bones?

I think Vaudville had a lot of potential but the demos I have are all horrible sound quality. I love their song, 'Waiting.'

Check this out Geoff....

Oh, I know some of those. Quade, I was not a huge fan of. Is Skin & Bones the Skin & Bones?

I think Vaudville had a lot of potential but the demos I have are all horrible sound quality. I love their song, 'Waiting.'

Check this out Geoff....

Haha, very cool. They could have been a good band. Nice sound quality for that recording. They definitely don't look as cool as they did back in the day.

Bone Pony, hey. What do they sound like? They look the part.

12657879_446972502158052_867121179565832

Are they from Baltimore?

Is this track available online?

I have their tape Lp "Revelation" and this track is missing.

Ha, I found an old photo from my archives with their demotape. Not so clear though.

30auiv7.jpg

12657879_446972502158052_867121179565832

Are they from Baltimore?

Is this track available online?

I have their tape Lp "Revelation" and this track is missing.

Ha, I found an old photo from my archives with their demotape. Not so clear though.

30auiv7.jpg

Sirath was from Boston, MA

Check this out Geoff....

Haha, very cool. They could have been a good band. Nice sound quality for that recording. They definitely don't look as cool as they did back in the day.

I love "Waiting" too. Haven't heard that in a long time. The demos I have are crap sound quality.

But.... the band and I have just connected on Facebook and they are going to hook me up with some good audio quality demos from Vaudeville!!! Supposed to be REMASTERED.

• My Little Pony

Check this out Geoff....

https://youtu.be/vZsitZBZid8

I love "Waiting" too. Haven't heard that in a long time. The demos I have are crap sound quality.

But.... the band and I have just connected on Facebook and they are going to hook me up with some good audio quality demos from Vaudeville!!! Supposed to be REMASTERED.

Damn. You just making all sorts of connections. How are these guys seeing your posts?

Check this out Geoff....

Damn. You just making all sorts of connections. How are these guys seeing your posts?

The power of people my brother. I started putting up these same band photos up on Facebook. A few band members starting requesting to tap themselves in the photos. So those guys became FB friends. And their friends were also in the same bands, so more more tags on the photos and more old conversations. And I always ask when I talk to someone from a band from this scene if they have demos to share. I have old ROX magazines that featured all of these bands so I have stories of band member changes and all. But most importantly, names. So I search FB and bam..... ask to be friends and ask for demos! Ha

That's why Facebook is very cool is some regards.

• My Little Pony

Check this out Geoff....

The power of people my brother. I started putting up these same band photos up on Facebook. A few band members starting requesting to tap themselves in the photos. So those guys became FB friends. And their friends were also in the same bands, so more more tags on the photos and more old conversations. And I always ask when I talk to someone from a band from this scene if they have demos to share. I have old ROX magazines that featured all of these bands so I have stories of band member changes and all. But most importantly, names. So I search FB and bam..... ask to be friends and ask for demos! Ha

...never asked to be my friend...

Check this out Geoff....

...never asked to be my friend...

Request me friend..... Russ Nussman

The plot thickens......

Tattoo Taxi featured two ex-Mona Lisa members!

Tattoo Taxi:

Mike Beatty: Vocals (ex-Censored)

Gray Manna: Bass (ex-Lost Angels)

Don De'Oliveira: Guitars (ex-Mona Lisa)

Rob "L.A." Lasky: Drums (ex-Mona Lisa)

Who's the man? This guy.

Mike Beatty of Tattoo Taxi is hooking me up with their songs. :D

The plot thickens......

Tattoo Taxi:

Who's the man? This guy.

Awesome news...PM me when you get them...Living in a box is cool :git: I know Robert Lasky has the Grounded for Life songs...but he is a very hard person to get a hold of....rock on bro :D

The plot thickens......

Tattoo Taxi:

Who's the man? This guy.

Awesome news...PM me when you get them...Living in a box is cool :git: I know Robert Lasky has the Grounded for Life songs...but he is a very hard person to get a hold of....rock on bro :D

I am pretty sure the Grounded For Life demo has the same songs as The Art Of Seduction except for the addition of "Nightmares"

The Tattoo Taxi guy posted each song as a video on his FB page. I will be ripping each of them one by one and saving them as mp3's. Hope they turn out okay.

The plot thickens......

Tattoo Taxi:

Who's the man? This guy.

I am pretty sure the Grounded For Life demo has the same songs as The Art Of Seduction except for the addition of "Nightmares"

The Tattoo Taxi guy posted each song as a video on his FB page. I will be ripping each of them one by one and saving them as mp3's. Hope they turn out okay.

Cool.....keep me posted. Thank u 4 the info on Mona Lisa....u may be right. Hope the Tattoo Taxi songs turn out well...rock on :git:

Fuzzy Lipstik - 2nd best band name ever (after Dikk Trikkle, of course).

Been trying to track down band members in search for their demos and found this: :(

Vincent Hungerford, 34, loan officer, singer

May 10, 1998

By Elaine Tassy | Elaine Tassy,SUN STAFF

Vincent Anthony Hungerford, a loan officer by day and sometime rock-'n'-roll singer by night, died in a fire May 3 in his Charles Village apartment. The former Charles County resident was 34.

Battalion Chief Hector L. Torres, a spokesman for the Baltimore Fire Department, said investigators have determined the fire started in the living room of Mr. Hungerford's home, in the 2700 block of St. Paul St. The cause of the blaze had not been officially determined.

Mr. Hungerford, known as Tony to friends, was a loan officer at Edward & Benjamin Financial Services in downtown Baltimore. After hours he often had a different look.

He was a lead singer in the now-defunct rock group Fuzzy Lipstick, which played at Hammerjacks and other clubs, and he wore the "rocker garb" -- hair extensions, lipstick and wild clothes, said his mother, Evelyn Hungerford.

"He loved Baltimore, the eclecticness of it, the festivals, the things that I think are better than New York," his mother said. "He knew everybody -- he just was one of those young men who never met a stranger."

He sometimes played acoustic guitar with fellow musician Brett Loughry, who said Mr. Hungerford also enjoyed playing tennis, golf and pool.

Mr. Hungerford made Baltimore his home about nine years ago. He was remembered Friday by about 500 people at a memorial service at St. James Episcopal Church in Indian Head, Charles County.

He graduated from high school in 1981 and briefly attended Charles County Community College. He graduated from Towson State University with a degree in visual communication in 1991.

He is also survived by his father, Vincent Hungerford; a sister, Pamela Frank; and a grandmother, Julia Hungerford.

I have been talking to original City Fixx singer Kevin Bern. What a great dude! This dude is sending me (via snailmail) a shitload of City Fixx (the original band) music AND video!! Cannot wait to check out this stuff!!

Also, I have acquired the Tattoo Taxi demos. Some really good stuff. Trying to determine the track listing on it but otherwise, I have 8 tracks but it's supposed to be a 6-song EP demo. A bit confusing.

Mike Beatty (singer of Tattoo Taxi) was also singer for Censored. Trying to get the Censored songs as well.

Will keep everyone posted. More ads/flyers on the way too!!

I have been talking to original City Fixx singer Kevin Bern. What a great dude! This dude is sending me (via snailmail) a shitload of City Fixx (the original band) music AND video!! Cannot wait to check out this stuff!!

Also, I have acquired the Tattoo Taxi demos. Some really good stuff. Trying to determine the track listing on it but otherwise, I have 8 tracks but it's supposed to be a 6-song EP demo. A bit confusing.

Mike Beatty (singer of Tattoo Taxi) was also singer for Censored. Trying to get the Censored songs as well.

Will keep everyone posted. More ads/flyers on the way too!!

Rocking news Alphamale...looking forward to all the songs by Tattoo Taxi and hope u get the Censored demos...rock on and looking forward to more pix and flyers...u rock my man :git::beerbang::dance: