G'N'R Reunion

nyoilers

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

I've been treating this as just another rumor so far but it is looking more and more like it's going to happen. It will be interesting to see who else plays with them.

Never got the hype. Before MTV, they were going nowhere. The guy's voice grates on me like a rusty hinge on a gate swinging back and forth on the breeze. I really can't understand these people, who swear up and down these guys are/were "The Greatest Band Ever". For me, the publicity and hype never even came close to what I was hearing. A couple of albums, latched onto by mainstream media, followed by a break-up feud, and years of speculation. Brace yourself for a virtual shitstorm of more rabid, over-hyped publicity. Personally, I could not care any less than I already don't give a fleeting fart about anything they do.

^^ I was gonna say, he looks like Sam Kinison!

• My Little Pony

From 87-93 they probably were the greatest band in the world.

Depends on what you mean by 'greatest,' and 'world.' And also 'from 87-93.'

Obviously a reunion would and will be a massive cash cow.

Appetite was a great record no doubt about that, Axle could NEVER sing live worth a shit, 100% studio work only. But people glomed onto it for one reason or another and the rest is history.

As for a reunion I could care less as I won's see the show. However if they got ALL original members back, yes I mean Adler and Stradlin then that wold be cool.

From 87-93 they probably were the most popular band in the world.

Fixed.

I like the band just fine. They're like any popular band. On one hand, yes, they are over-rated heavily by a lot of people. But I always see the other side of the spectrum too. And the haters are often just as bad as the over-hypers.

No, I don't think they were the greatest band ever by any means, but they were a good solid band. An abundance of fillers, but a very strong catalogue of excellent songs to counter that.

As for a reunion, what are we actually talking about? A full reunion of the original, or even 'Illusion' line-up; or just Slash and Axl? If I'm being honest, it doesn't really interest me in reality. If they got back together and released a studio album, then sure, that'd be very interesting. But I feel like it'd be a titanic cause to get them together for a reunion gig... let alone trying to get them together long enough to write/record a single song, let alone a full album. Axl isn't going to suddenly start writing quick albums after almost three decades of doing the opposite.

So yeah, on paper it's a cool idea but the reality of it is a bit of a buzzkill.

And yeah, poor Axl looks shocking. :(

Fixed.

I like the band just fine. They're like any popular band. On one hand, yes, they are over-rated heavily by a lot of people. But I always see the other side of the spectrum too. And the haters are often just as bad as the over-hypers.

No, I don't think they were the greatest band ever by any means, but they were a good solid band. An abundance of fillers, but a very strong catalogue of excellent songs to counter that.

As for a reunion, what are we actually talking about? A full reunion of the original, or even 'Illusion' line-up; or just Slash and Axl? If I'm being honest, it doesn't really interest me in reality. If they got back together and released a studio album, then sure, that'd be very interesting. But I feel like it'd be a titanic cause to get them together for a reunion gig... let alone trying to get them together long enough to write/record a single song, let alone a full album. Axl isn't going to suddenly start writing quick albums after almost three decades of doing the opposite.

So yeah, on paper it's a cool idea but the reality of it is a bit of a buzzkill.

Supposed to be Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, and Matt Sorum (instead of Steven Adler). No word on if Izzy Stradlin would be a part of the reunion.

Fixed.

Supposed to be Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, and Matt Sorum (instead of Steven Adler). No word on if Izzy Stradlin would be a part of the reunion.

That's a solid reunion. Like I said, if they could make it into the studio with that line-up, I'd be very interested in the result. But I can't honestly see it happening.

They'd have to be together for about 4 years minimum to get a studio album recorded, and how likely is that??

I'm sure Axl has a few songs hanging around.

Yeah, I was thinking that, but I'd assume the other guys would want some proper input if this thing goes ahead.

Fixed.

At least that line-up is closer to the 'classic' band that most people want to see (unlike the 'Axl And Blokes' tribute band that's been doing the rounds) ... I still wouldn't pay the undoubtedly ridiculous ticket price to see them play an aircraft hangar somewhere, but I'd be interested to see if they could pull off a new album ...