The Defiants (Paul Laine/Bruno Ravel/Rob Marcello) - s/t

Stefan

By far my least favourite. I actually think it's kinda weak. The kids at the beginning is unnecessary.

Another freakin' track being released...enough already! This being the weakest so far my anticipation has gone down just a little.

Yeah how dare Frontiers release full tracks so people can decide if they want to buy it ;)

You do realise that you dont have to listen to it???

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody tells you there is a beautiful naked woman behind you.....you realize you don't have to look but you do because as a human you are curious and a horny bastard.

Of the four naked woman this one is the least sexiest....no guitar solo is like seeing a flat chested naked women...just not the same.

No matter, I'm still getting the cd (I had planned on it before even hearing a second of this release) but the usual need to pre-order it because I can't wait feeling isn't there like it used to be.

Same goes with movie previews, some make you go `Yeah I'm curious to see how this one is` and then some previews give you the whole plot and way too much details...so you don't bother going to the cinema and wait for it to be on Netflix.

Somebody tells you there is a beautiful naked woman behind you.....you realize you don't have to look but you do because as a human you are curious and a horny bastard.

Of the four naked woman this one is the least sexiest....no guitar solo is like seeing a flat chested naked women...just not the same.

No matter, I'm still getting the cd (I had planned on it before even hearing a second of this release) but the usual need to pre-order it because I can't wait feeling isn't there like it used to be.

Same goes with movie previews, some make you go `Yeah I'm curious to see how this one is` and then some previews give you the whole plot and way too much details...so you don't bother going to the cinema and wait for it to be on Netflix.

As I said before Frontiers are only responding to fan feedback that they 'are forced' ( ;)) to download albums because they refuse to buy blind.

Well, here you go - Frontiers are now supplying you (the punter - not you specifically) with all the foresight you need to make that important purchase.

But as we all know many will just download it anyway (cos that's what they do)

Been sorta sleeping under a rock and haven't paid much attention to this...Been mostly focused on the new Treat album and I was never a huge Danger Danger fan so this just didn't have my attention.

Gotta say these tunes are interesting....Kinda like Take Me Back best....Lots of "ear candy" in that song...I'm a sucker for "whoa oh's" :)

Really like all the songs though with the only thing I don't like being the little kids in the beginning of Runaways.

These songs all seem to ooze quality though and have read 4 or 5 reviews and all have been glowing on the album as a whole.

Preoder done....Looking forward to the 15th to see which album wins the Treat/Defiants battle.

• My Little Pony

Am I the only one that, not only isn't bothered with the child vocals in this song, but actually likes them? The kid has charisma.

Been sorta sleeping under a rock and haven't paid much attention to this...Been mostly focused on the new Treat album and I was never a huge Danger Danger fan so this just didn't have my attention.

Gotta say these tunes are interesting....Kinda like Take Me Back best....Lots of "ear candy" in that song...I'm a sucker for "whoa oh's" :)

Really like all the songs though with the only thing I don't like being the little kids in the beginning of Runaways.

These songs all seem to ooze quality though and have read 4 or 5 reviews and all have been glowing on the album as a whole.

Preoder done....Looking forward to the 15th to see which album wins the Treat/Defiants battle.

I think i know the answer to that already ;)

Defiants for you Glen? Probably will be for me

I prefer all The Defiants tracks to the Treat ones. So unless the remainder of the Treat album is absolutely awesome i cant see it being better.

I'm not sure yet which I prefer more. I think the Defiants might be a bit more "fun" in it's upbeat, retro style but there is a lot of quality in the Treat songs I've heard also.

If I had to pick right now I'd probably be expecting to like the Defiants a little bit more but we'll see.

Defiants for you Glen? Probably will be for me

I prefer all The Defiants tracks to the Treat ones. So unless the remainder of the Treat album is absolutely awesome i cant see it being better.

I was never a big Danger Danger fan...I think back then I sorta avoided them just because there was so much like them that I was on overload.

All the sudden though, this is sounding good to me and better than whatever I remember of DD.

I think part of it is that I hear so little of this style these days that it now almost sounds refreshing. I mean, it seems like 90% of what I listen to is scandi type stuff with H.e.a.t, Eclipse, Degreed, Treat, Crazy Lixx, etc ,etc.

It's almost to the point now where this is kind of a "fun" departure for me so I think it's gotten my attention more than it might've at a different time.

Just lost interest.

Maybe people are so desperate for anything 80's they are suddenly able to put up with what would have been considered average actually in the 80's

Maybe it's just too AOR for me.

I just found it boring, syrupy and generic.

Record store?!?! I haven't picked up in a shop an AOR or melodic rock cd that wasn't from a super popular band like Journey since the 90's.

Record store?!?! I haven't picked up in a shop an AOR or melodic rock cd that wasn't from a super popular band like Journey since the 90's.

By record store I meant the music department in ''Media Markt'' which is similiar to Best Buy and located in Switzerland, Germany and also Austria I think. Because of the distribution deal Frontiers has with either Sony or Universal (not sure which one exactly but one of the big ones) these stores get their releases which is cool. AOR Heaven CDs are also available but other than that not much except for mainstream pop to be found there

I've just ordered mine from there:

CIMG6522.jpg

Mine is sat on my doormat, but I have the auto-rip on my phone :)

Knowing me that means the CD will remain in cellophane for about 6 months :lol:

I've just ordered mine from there:

CIMG6522.jpg

Mine is sat on my doormat, but I have the auto-rip on my phone :)

Knowing me that means the CD will remain in cellophane for about 6 months :lol:

I think I have more than 500 sealed cds. :whistle: Hope they aren't empty.

Been listening to the auto rip all day and its great,thought the best ive heard this year...until an hour later I spun the new Treat,hard to say now which I prefer,more listens needed...which is nice :)

For me definitely better than the Treat, but the Treat is great to!

Definitely some great moments on this one! 'When The Lights Go Down' has a real Lynch Mob, Wicked Sensation era feel to it and the solo in 'We All Fall Down' is a highlight. Well, at least until the Yngwie sounding shredding / sweeping part... This got a lot of spins from me yesterday and probably will in the future

On about spin 4 now.

This is scarily good. Kind of what i imagined a Jovi album between the bubblegum of Slippery and the seriousness of New Jersey would have sounded.

Production is top notch. Solos are outstanding.

I was worried about the song length but the songs just breeze by....its almost like your at your own personal gig.