The Defiants (Paul Laine/Bruno Ravel/Rob Marcello) - s/t

Stefan

Hey, as long as there's good lead guitar work ''beyond the fade'' I'm all for it!! But I doubt that'll be the case on Ted Pole'y album. It's funny he mentioned the thing with the guitar player going crazy at the end of the song and how frustrated he was that the producers would start fading the song cause that's exactly what I've always thought about Danger Danger's ''Boys Will Be Boys'' there's a great outro solo but it fades out very quick and we don't hear Andy Timmon's brilliant playing.

There's such an extensive list of these, we could basically start a whole topic on that. For example Lynch Mob's ''For A Million Years'', while not my favorite song of theirs, has a great solo at the end but gets faded way too soon

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Mariah is a band that loved the five minute songs, and they were amazing, so I don't doubt that these boys can pull it off, too.

Man, I'm starving for a more technical analysis on this beauty (love and bullets). And I prefer a more formalistic approach than all the contextualisms and comparisons already mentioned in the topic.

I mean I even want to now the tension of those snare drums, goddammit. Just so I keep a decent level of dignity, before go Crazy (insert Johnny Lima here).

Man, I'm starving for a more technical analysis on this beauty (love and bullets). And I prefer a more formalistic approach than all the contextualisms and comparisons already mentioned in the topic.

I mean I even want to now the tension of those snare drums, goddammit. Just so I keep a decent level of dignity, before go Crazy (insert Johnny Lima here).

Well for startets, it's in F minor but i think they're tuned down half a step so they play it in the F# position which is one of the coolest on guitar

Is that what you meant? :D No but seriously, I really love what Rob Marcello is doing on this track, from the solo after the first chorus to the shredding underneath the singing towards the end just so much feeling

Well for startets, it's in F minor but i think they're tuned down half a step so they play it in the F# position which is one of the coolest on guitar

Is that what you meant? :D No but seriously, I really love what Rob Marcello is doing on this track, from the solo after the first chorus to the shredding underneath the singing towards the end just so much feeling

Yeah, buddy, thanx! I'm a minor whore myself! :tumbsup: I'll try to scratch it in the easy position.

Rob Marchello is a definite gem of our current scene.

That's why I have 2 hearts

Me likey!

Nice!

Even on my shitty phone I can hear the massive wall of sound. A solid mid-tempo track. That weird sound is one of those vibrating mouth instruments they use in some old Bluegrass/Country/Folk music...It adds nothing to the song...hopefully I can learn to ignore it.

Like the first single the outro screams and shredding are awesome.

Ted Poley was refering to this release when he said he loves the "Beyond the Fade" in songs.

• 2 weeks later...

Just listened to this on FB. Great stuff. ....sounds like it could have been lifted straight off Slippery When Wet.

Theyve captured that 80s sound perfectly.

Just listened to this on FB. Great stuff. ....sounds like it could have been lifted straight off Slippery When Wet.

Theyve captured that 80s sound perfectly.

Agree!