The Defiants (Paul Laine/Bruno Ravel/Rob Marcello) - s/t

• My Little Pony

DangerDanger continues to be Bruno and Rob's number 1 thing...

Really? Is that true? I wonder in what capacity this is? Purely in terms of touring, or is new material for D2 an option? Is Ted still part of the band?

Sure doesn't seem like a number one thing.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Is that true? I wonder in what capacity this is? Purely in terms of touring, or is new material for D2 an option? Is Ted still part of the band?

7 years since "Revolve". Maybe they mean the other "number 1".

• My Little Pony

7 years since "Revolve". Maybe they mean the other "number 1".

That's probably the one.

If touring with greatest hits require no further rehearsal and can bang some big bucks, I don't see why they need to bother with new release which only sell couple hundreds disc or less and eventually net them money loss for production and marketing cost.

That's the real reason why veterans decide not to pursue new music unless through crowdfunding or major label :D

If touring with greatest hits require no further rehearsal and can bang some big bucks, I don't see why they need to bother with new release which only sell couple hundreds disc or less and eventually net them money loss for production and marketing cost.

That's the real reason why veterans decide not to pursue new music unless through crowdfunding or major label :D

But what becomes of the passion for your craft? I cannot fathom being a musician and playing the same old shit all the time with no desire to create new music. Surely it just becomes as mundane as any of our shitty 9-5 jobs...

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, can't wait. But the album cover sucks dog balls.

• My Little Pony

Really? It's not by any means the worst album cover I've seen. And I wouldn't even consider it all that bad.

Song titles look great....album cover looks ludicrous.

Yes, song titles look really good.

• My Little Pony

Song titles look great....album cover looks ludicrous.

Yes, song titles look really good.

Yup. Hoping "Love & Bullets" and "Waiting on a Heartbreak" are as good as their titles would suggest.

From that image it looks like Vince Neil is part of the band.

Although I loved Darkhorse, I hope the country image is the only thing country about the release.

• My Little Pony

Although I loved Darkhorse, I hope the country image is the only thing country about the release.

Also what I'm hoping.

I cant see this being country??

Not with Ravel and Marcello. They know better than that. Especially Ravel.

I cant see this being country??

Not with Ravel and Marcello. They know better than that. Especially Ravel.

Never say never - Bon Jovi, Steven Tyler, Tom Keifer, Paul Laine, and a bunch of others did that :D

Pressrelease from Frontiers Records:

The Defiants is a new band put together by Paul Laine, Bruno Ravel and Rob Marcello. Three fabulous musicians, all with ties to the great hard rock band Danger Danger.

Best known for being Danger Danger's frontman for a 12 year stint from 1992-2004, which included 4 studio albums, Paul Laine is now coming back to work with his former bandmates Bruno Ravel and Rob Marcello, who are the other two pillars of THE DEFIANTS.

The guys got back together under suggestion of Frontiers' President, Serafino Perugino, who really wanted to offer the fans a chance to hear some new music from these guys. The resulting album is an extremely exciting affair which is going to please not only D2 fans, but also all the ones who are into the classic sound from the glory days of rock in the '80s and '90s.

Paul Laine says “From the moment Bruno and I started writing together,we knew we had something special. It’s been my experience that when the writing process is effortless, you’ve trapped lightning in a bottle…within the first 2 1/2 months, we had close to 40 ideas up on the board. I think it surprised both of us how intuitive we were of each others ideas. I’m very proud of this record, and it feels good to let loose on an album of complete stadium rockers. Rob Marcello, I consider to be one of the biggest talents in the world of modern guitar players. I love how much he shines on this record, and from track to track, I couldn’t wait to hear what he had to say musically. On a personal note, it feels good to hit another musical and writing milestone with this album. It was very hard to choose the material for this record,and its exciting to know that there are still bullets left in the chamber that nobody has heard yet...”

Bruno Ravel adds “I’m so stoked for you all to hear this record! It was so much fun to create, and that feeling will be very evident once you give it a listen. Paul and Rob poured every bit of themselves into these tracks, and their performances were just ridiculous! Add that to the aggressive killer drum pounding that only my good buddy, Van Romaine could deliver, and you have what equals a bonafide rock ’n’ roll roller coaster! Strap yourselves in folks! And get ready for the ride!“

THE DEFIANTS is a glorious return to the “in your face” melodic hard rock that won millions of fans back in the '80s and '90s and is currently enjoying a well deserved revival in the 21st century.

THE DEFIANTS are set to appear live at the Frontiers Rock Festival in Trezzo (Milano), Italy on April 24, 2016, where the band will perform classic tracks from Paul Laine's solo career, some Danger Danger hits (of course) and songs off The Defiants debut!

THE DEFIANTS tracklisting:

Intro (For A Few Dollars More - Carillon's Theme)
Love And Bullets
When The Lights Go Down
Waiting On A Heartbreak
Runaway
Lil' Miss Rock'n'roll
Last Kiss
Save Me Tonight
Take Me Back
We All Fall
That's When I'll Stop Loving You
Underneath The Stars

THE DEFIANTS:

Paul Laine – vocals
Bruno Ravel – bass guitar, guitars, keyboards
Rob Marcello – lead guitars
With
Van Romaine – drums

• My Little Pony

Wholly shut! Just give us a song already! Why are they being so stingy with samples?

• My Little Pony

Wholly shut! Just give us a song already! Why are they being so stingy with samples?

Because its the new Frontiers policy?

Right.

But they can still post a track on their Facetube.

• My Little Pony

I bet this is going to be one awesome disc.

I don't bet shit anymore. On anyone. But I'm really hoping it is.

By the way, how exactly is the cover a country image.

It looks more like a pathetic version of the Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Probably the worst album cover since Coup De Grace

Yeah, seriously, though, where's a sample of how this thing sounds?