The Defiants (Paul Laine/Bruno Ravel/Rob Marcello) - s/t

Stefan

• My Little Pony

I must be the only one not feeling it

It's an ok song to me but I hope there's better on the album

I think I might have hyped the album up too much. Maybe I was expecting more Danger Danger. It's by no means a bad song, but I guess it's not what I was anticipating. I'll give it a few more spins.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just lost interest.

Maybe people are so desperate for anything 80's they are suddenly able to put up with what would have been considered average actually in the 80's

Maybe it's just too AOR for me.

I just found it boring, syrupy and generic.

Just what I thought and hoped it would sound like. The chorus isn't instant over the top ear candy, but the pace is great and the production is fucking brilliant...the layers of guitars and keys go straight to one's cock in a flash.

I think it sounds like Paul Laine era DD, don't know why it's more 80's....well at least this track.

I'm in all the way with this one.

I've played three times now and it's fuckin' awesome.

I think I might have hyped the album up too much. Maybe I was expecting more Danger Danger. It's by no means a bad song, but I guess it's not what I was anticipating. I'll give it a few more spins.

That's weird, because when I heard this song I thought that this sounded more like "real" Danger Danger than anything Laine recorded with the band (well, except 'Cockroach,' I guess). But this sounds a hell of a lot more like the "real" Danger Danger than 'Four the hard way' or 'Guildersleeves,' imo. Great as both albums were...

That's weird, because when I heard this song I thought that this sounded more like "real" Danger Danger than anything Laine recorded with the band (well, except 'Cockroach,' I guess). But this sounds a hell of a lot more like the "real" Danger Danger than 'Four the hard way' or 'Guildersleeves,' imo. Great as both albums were...

That's how I see it too

• My Little Pony

the way I see it is I'm not comparing it to anything.

Just sounds like an excellent melodic rock song to me.

The second listen was exponentially better. Now that I set aside my expectations, and decided not to compare it to Danger Danger, it definitely clicked.

Agree with Geoff

Several even better tunes on the album. Very consistent apart from one track.

SHARE!!! LOL

Funny how I'm more curious about hearing that one track that Andrew says is not good than all the great ones.

This is an excellent tune.....will definitely be checking out the album!

I noticed on itunes that the songs are all super long all but two excluding the intro tune are over 5 mins, some nearing 7 mins. Those are prog numbers not melodic rock numbers.

I noticed on itunes that the songs are all super long all but two excluding the intro tune are over 5 mins, some nearing 7 mins. Those are Rage Of Angels numbers not melodic rock numbers.

Fixed.

I really hope it's not a developing trend in music. I couldn't help but notice Ted Poley mention in his video for the new album that they're basically all going to be long songs... that "beyond the fade" as an album title even refers to the end of the song being louder and longer than normal. :(