The Defiants (Paul Laine/Bruno Ravel/Rob Marcello) - s/t

Stefan

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, simo said:

It's been almost two years since the album came out...... does anyone know if any of the band members ever mentioned a possible follow up? I can't imagine them leaving it at only one album after the great response they got for the debut

I could sure use a new instant hit like ''Love And Bullets''

But it was a Frontiers album, so imagine them leaving it at only one. 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, simo said:

It's been almost two years since the album came out...... does anyone know if any of the band members ever mentioned a possible follow up? I can't imagine them leaving it at only one album after the great response they got for the debut

I could sure use a new instant hit like ''Love And Bullets''

I think I saw somewhere that one is in the works.  I can't remember where....Think it was on FB somewhere.  For some reason I'm under the impression they were aiming for 2019.

Might have been completely dreaming that so don't hold me to it lol.

I think that also. Might have been Bruno on FB somewhere. We really need to have one though, too good to pass up on a follow up to a great debut!

• 6 months later...

So as per my comment early in this thread I wasn't a fan based on the first release Love And Bullets
Just giving it a go now and quite like it.
Wondering how many are envious that I'm getting to hear this for the first time now vs those who think I'm an idiot for not bothering for so long :D

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

So as per my comment early in this thread I wasn't a fan based on the first release Love And Bullets
Just giving it a go now and quite like it.
Wondering how many are envious that I'm getting to hear this for the first time now vs those who think I'm an idiot for not bothering for so long :D

Yeah. Idiot. ;)

:)

I am getting through my backlog.

My businesses have kept me busy for the last few years.

Only have around 90 albums to get through now.
Made a concerted effort over the last year to get through my backlog and have done around 250 - 300 albums
Luckily I've had a tonne of computer work so I've been able to listen most working days, all day.

I'm off interstate on Thursday (8.5 hour drive each way) so I'll have a lot of listening time then as well.
I'll be targeting

The Gloria Story
The Answer
Julian Angel
Final Frontier
Eagles
Tracii Guns
Toxic Rose
Pretty Maids

Some older, some newer albums

4 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

:)

I am getting through my backlog.

My businesses have kept me busy for the last few years.

Only have around 90 albums to get through now.
Made a concerted effort over the last year to get through my backlog and have done around 250 - 300 albums
Luckily I've had a tonne of computer work so I've been able to listen most working days, all day.

I'm off interstate on Thursday (8.5 hour drive each way) so I'll have a lot of listening time then as well.
I'll be targeting

The Gloria Story
The Answer
Julian Angel
Final Frontier
Eagles
Tracii Guns
Toxic Rose
Pretty Maids

Some older, some newer albums

don't bother with Mr Angel lol 

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I don't mind some of his stuff.
I get that it's a kind of acquired taste.

Ride With The Wild One
Unsexy

etc, some nice songs

His albums have been getting steadily worse since the one good one he had... and they were awful before that too. :(

There's always a few good songs on these types of albums.

Just a matter of committing the time to find them with repeat listens.

This is why I have a backlog.
I might spin a disc and not take to it. Could be crappier music than usual from that band, could be my mood, could be other reasons.
So it gets shelved and noted to get back to.

This is why it took so long to get to the Defiants. Didn't like the first song, but everyone here loved the disc, so I knew I'd at least find it ok, but at the time wasn't in the mood.

At the moment I have a Ratt and a Stephen Pearcy CD to get to. They are hard, because his voice is so course and not in the same ballpark as it was.
Same with Maiden for some reason. Just a heavy metal band now, they seem to have lost a lot of their hooks etc, so it's shelved for now.

Lizzy Borden, etc. Most of the heavier bands take me longer to like these days...

I cannot understand why nobody ,thus far, didn't bother to upload Lil' Miss R'N'R/Last Kiss on youtube... These,initially,  were like 85-90 songs from me but,now,  hardly I can skip a week without playing them. And this is where the magic/aging bouquet of this lp is. 10 years earlier and I'd try to release it on vinyl.

Sporting a "The Defiants" tee right now! B)

8 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

I cannot understand why nobody ,thus far, didn't bother to upload Lil' Miss R'N'R/Last Kiss on youtube... These,initially,  were like 85-90 songs from me but,now,  hardly I can skip a week without playing them. And this is where the magic/aging bouquet of this lp is. 10 years earlier and I'd try to release it on vinyl.

Sporting a "The Defiants" tee right now! B)

I like Lil Miss RnR too, such a great vibe but I think most people see it as an average song. I like it cause it reminds me of Foreigner's ''Headknocker'', love the feel and especially the part where Paul sings ''You wore those stiletto heels and skintight jeans, man I couldn't get enough'' with the guitar bend in the background, so cool

And Last Kiss I think most people can agree is a fantastic song, so good from start to finish with the big whoa, whoa etc in the end

This was posted on Paul's FB page 2 weeks ago:

Looks like Fall just arrived in BC wine country...
Nice way to end a summer playing music with friends...
Hopefully with my days off this weekend, I can finish the last of the Defiants lyrics...that's the plan anyways...
Almost finished.
Goodbye summer...

8 hours ago, Stefan said:

Hopefully with my days off this weekend, I can finish the last of the Defiants lyrics...that's the plan anyways...
Almost finished.

Happy Days   :)

Edited by lettard

• 5 months later...

This is one I don't mind waiting for.  I mean, the songs on the debut album had a lot of "meat" to them....Many were 4+ minutes long...And production was great to my ears.  

Fine with them taking time on this and putting out a stellar album.

15 minutes ago, Whatever Happened To Fun? said:

Anyone like the Darkhorse album Paul did? Very Bon Jovi country but I think it is awesome and wish he would do another.

while I wasn't a big fan of that project myself, I recall Stefan had posted a comment from Paul about a year ago, under the Breaking Music News thread, that Paul was also working on Darkhorse material

This was posted on Paul's facebook back in April last year:

Thank you to all of you who continue support us out there and fly the Darkhorse colours..
Album #2 is almost done..
We look forward to releasing the first single sometime this summer..
Love to you all!

I think this project is on hold for the moment, Paul got plenty of other projects going on.

Darkhorse thread right here: