New Def Leppard single from S/T album!

tts42572

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty harsh...

I'm liking it. I still think there are 3-4 songs I like better than anything on their past couple albums.

For me, Sparkle is their worst album followed closely by X. There is very little on either of those albums I find myself wanting to go back to.

All i can say is... so far... the worst Leppard album yet.

Pretty harsh...

I'm liking it. I still think there are 3-4 songs I like better than anything on their past couple albums.

For me, Sparkle is their worst album followed closely by X. There is very little on either of those albums I find myself wanting to go back to.

All i can say is... so far... the worst Leppard album yet.

X destroys this. Sparkle wasnt a great album, but i think its much more complete than S/t. S/t just left me scratching my head asking how some of these songs even got on to the album.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here's my sexy little summary, for what it's worth 18 years after the fact:

01. Let's Go (5:01) - nice old school tune with a modern hook… typical DL for the most part - 7.75
02. Dangerous (3:26) - good traditional DL - 8.5
03. Man Enough (3:54) - not unexpected on a DL album, but still unlikeable. Groove is kinda cool, but the main hook "are you man enough to be my girl" just kills this for me - 6
04. We Belong (5:06) - nice smooth melodic DL ballad - 8
05. Invincible (3:46) - pretty safe, but good solid melodic rocker. Elliot sounds super restrained. - 7.5
06. Sea Of Love (4:04) - some horrible parts but I guess main hook is okay… just - 7
07. Energized (3:23) - this one's just a little too safe and banal - 6.5
08. All Time High (4:19) - great, very typical DL - 8
09. Battle Of My Own (2:42) - I'm sure if the word "plodder" was in the dictionary, this song would be in the description somewhere - 5
10. Broke 'N' Brokenhearted (3:17) - it's a big dumb rocker, but I enjoy the chorus hook - 7.5
11. Forever Young (2:21) - not a huge fan, but it's okay - 7
12. Last Dance (3:09) - again, only just, but it's a decent ballad with a decent chorus melody - 7
13. Wings Of An Angel (4:23) - nice traditional DL melodic rocker - nice - 8.5
14. Blind Faith (5:33) - another gigantic plodder - 5
Total - 71%

They played "Let's Go" during the Ravens/Browns game last night on Monday Night Football.

Wonder how much they paid to have that happen!! :lol:

Well here's my sexy little summary, for what it's worth 18 years after the fact:

01. Let's Go (5:01) - nice old school tune with a modern hook… typical DL for the most part - 7.75
02. Dangerous (3:26) - good traditional DL - 8.5
03. Man Enough (3:54) - not unexpected on a DL album, but still unlikeable. Groove is kinda cool, but the main hook "are you man enough to be my girl" just kills this for me - 6
04. We Belong (5:06) - nice smooth melodic DL ballad - 8
05. Invincible (3:46) - pretty safe, but good solid melodic rocker. Elliot sounds super restrained. - 7.5
06. Sea Of Love (4:04) - some horrible parts but I guess main hook is okay… just - 7
07. Energized (3:23) - this one's just a little too safe and banal - 6.5
08. All Time High (4:19) - great, very typical DL - 8
09. Battle Of My Own (2:42) - I'm sure if the word "plodder" was in the dictionary, this song would be in the description somewhere - 5
10. Broke 'N' Brokenhearted (3:17) - it's a big dumb rocker, but I enjoy the chorus hook - 7.5
11. Forever Young (2:21) - not a huge fan, but it's okay - 7
12. Last Dance (3:09) - again, only just, but it's a decent ballad with a decent chorus melody - 7
13. Wings Of An Angel (4:23) - nice traditional DL melodic rocker - nice - 8.5
14. Blind Faith (5:33) - another gigantic plodder - 5
Total - 71%

Blind faith got a 5? WHY? BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD BAD SONG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I like the song and was different getting them all involved on vocals....

But these CGI videos they've done for the singles on this album have been pretty terrible IMO.

But these CGI videos they've done for the singles on this album have been pretty terrible IMO.

I agree, and the content of the video bears absolutely no relation to the message of the song.

I agree, and the content of the video bears absolutely no relation to the message of the song.

Agreed, the fan made video makes more sense...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppmt2l2nJIg&list=RDPpmt2l2nJIg

I really do enjoy this album.....this is a very good song, too...

Could have been a much better album overall but sadly I'm still struggling with few fillers such as 'Man Enough', 'Sea of Love', 'Energized', 'Battle of My Own', and 'WIngs of an Angel'

For Christ's sake will a few of you buy the album so Joe Elliot can afford a decent haircut.

:)

Archived