New Def Leppard single from S/T album!

tts42572

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh..... this is not good. At all. I made it through 6 songs and I couldn't take anymore. It's terrible.

Man Enough alone will cause your scrotum to crawl up inside of you.

I like Let's Go and Dangerous but the next 4 straight were terrible. The ballad wasn't tooooo bad but still not for me.

I will attempt to make it through the whole album later.

So far:

Let's Go 7.5/10

Dangerous 8/10

Man Enough 2/10

We Belong 5/10

Invincible 5/10

Sea Of Love 4/10

:popcorn:

I saw this was available at jb hifi in Melbourne Ciry today. It was $20, couldn't bring myself to buy it tho given my complete lack of faith in the band.

Was super excited for this release & mine arrived this morning.as a big Lep fan I'm sorry to say that I'm not overly impressed with it thus far,the 3 tracks already on this thread are by far and away the best but ill take my time and digest it slowly,wanted it so bad to hit me straight from the bat though,to me its nearly like a continuation of X rather than anything remotely like Hysteria/Pyromania,its early days yet though...but first impressions...disappointed :(

Ive liked all 3 too but i still fear we have heard the best of this album.

I hope to hell this is consistent across the piece and hits my top 10.

Id love that but i doubt it too.

Mmm as i thought.

Was super excited for this release & mine arrived this morning.as a big Lep fan I'm sorry to say that I'm not overly impressed with it thus far,the 3 tracks already on this thread are by far and away the best but ill take my time and digest it slowly,wanted it so bad to hit me straight from the bat though,to me its nearly like a continuation of X rather than anything remotely like Hysteria/Pyromania,its early days yet though...but first impressions...disappointed :(

My Japanese copy won't be here for a few more days so I'll be in a holding pattern for a while longer. But this ^^^^^^^^ does not surprise me, unfortunately.

It's been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn long since any of the bands from my youth have a released a really good "album" and not just a couple decent "singles" that I've pretty much given-up all hope of experiencing a continuous 45 minute thrill-ride ever again.

It seems nearly every single day I'm reminded of how awesome things used to be.

After repeated listens its growing,so that's a good thing,gonna keep spinning it over and over til it sticks :) the track "wings of an angel" is excellent but on the flip side "invincible" isn't even a good filler/b-side & "sea of love" not far behind.

Finally have listened all the way through....It's quite a roller coaster ride of styles.

I almost can split it into 3 parts...There's a group of songs I like with Dangerous, All Time High, Let's Go, Wings Of An Angel, Broke N Brokenhearted, We Belong.

Then there's a few songs in the middle that I'm still undecided on...They're interesting to me though and don't dislike them...Man Enough, Sea of Love, Energized and Last Dance probably fall into this tier.

Then the last 4 songs are songs that just aren't doing much for me at all....Battle of My Own, Forever Young, Blind Faith and Invincible. I think Invincible is my least favorite track as it just plods and goes nowhere during the whole song. It's a shame too as it was one song I thought I could like....Was hoping for an Undefeated type vibe.

Anyways, it's indeed a really varied album and sort of a mixture of everything Leppard has done over the years. I think there's 6-7 pretty good tunes, and 3-4 okay album tracks...And a few songs that should've been abandoned.

All in all though I'm liking it more than SFTSL and X for sure and honestly, I could really see this surpassing Slang and Euphoria with a few more listens and a couple songs growing on me as usually seems to happen.

Not impressed at all... Sounds too much like X mixed with Sparkle Lounge mixed with a garbage disposal...

Listened to this one a couple times through today, and the one word that springs to mind is underwhelming. They definitely got hopes up by throwing "Let's Go" and "Dangerous" out to the public first. Maybe it'll be a grower....

My girlfriend just announced she thinks the music is nice but the singer sucks. She's recommended getting rid of the singer and replacing him with Florence from Florence and the machine as she thinks she's a great singer but the music sucks.

Out of the box thinking right there.

For the record I'm enjoying the album. On to my 4th or 5th spin. Problem with Leppard is when you produced two of the best albums of all time everything is a little bit of a disappointment.

underwhelming.

Yep, that's exactly the word I had in my head as I listened to it. It's not the unlistenable garbage that 'Sparkle' was, and it even has strong elements of the trademark Def Leppard sound. The problem with the album is extremely simple, though. The songs just purely and simply are not that good. They're just flat, average songs for the most part. And I don't expect that from Def Leppard, not across an entire CD (excluding 'Sparkle). A couple of songs are good, and couple are very bad. But nothing is really great with regard to what we expect from the band.

It's not a bad CD, and it's not great either. Just... underwhelming. :(

From what I understand, I will keep listening online to the first two tracks released and not really bother with the rest. A 15$ well saved!

To be honest the last time I forked over money for a new Def Leppard was when Adrenalize came out....when I was still in high school. Better than Bon Jovi, I was still in primary school when New Jersey came out and that was my last Bon Jovi purchase.

Very few bands from my 'younger' days come back and deliver the goods many years later after their last release. Danger Danger did with Revolve, Van Halen did with A Different Kind Of Truth and Loverboy did with Just Getting Started.

Did a lot of skipping during the second half when i had a quick listen yesterday. From what i understand a lot of people on here don't like ''man enough'' but i thought it was good on first listen. Groovy bass line and cool chorus with the guitars coming in... Maybe it wears off quickly though

• My Little Pony

That good eh - a whole days entertainment.

Im dreading hearing this to be honest

Why? There's always the option to ignore it.

That good eh - a whole days entertainment.

Im dreading hearing this to be honest

Why? There's always the option to ignore it.

Exactly... if you think it's gonna be that bad based on others opinions, then don't bother wasting your time (but I bet you'll check it out anyway) ;) , I would say go in with an open mind (if that is now possible) and make your own mind up, after all that's what it's all about. I've listened to it 4 times now and most of it sounds fine to my ears. I went in not expecting 'Pyro' or 'Hysteria' (why the hell should we in this day and age.. people need to get realistic). It's varied, some tracks will appeal to some and not to others and vice versa, and to say it's crap is a million miles off the mark as well imho, but who am I. The same old arguments and opinions for every DL release since 'Adrenalize' and onwards. Like/Dislike whatever.