MRFAU

melodicrock

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEAT were going into rest/write mode, so couldn't...harem Scarem want to, but same as Heat (new album next year) and then Eclipse had to say no, due to a tour being scheduled in Europe.

Then someone else dropped into my lap, so looking at that. Bigger name and more planning needed though.

Well a new HEAT and HS record in 2016 is excellent news though

Add those 2 to Vega and I might already know my 1 - 2 - 3 !!!

HEAT were going into rest/write mode, so couldn't...harem Scarem want to, but same as Heat (new album next year) and then Eclipse had to say no, due to a tour being scheduled in Europe.

Then someone else dropped into my lap, so looking at that. Bigger name and more planning needed though.

Maybe a "Coup"?

Don't you hate Treat, though?

Maybe a "Coup"?

Don't you hate Treat, though?

I don't hate them, I just didn't think it was anywhere near album of the year.

...oh, and it's not my festival so I don't get to choose the acts, just a guess.

re: Melbourne - just voted world's most livable city :)

Not sure what there is to hate about it. I get that you may not be in love with it, never heard of anyone hating it...

re: Treat - agree it was an average album for me.

If Harem Scarem make the trip I'll be in.

HEAT would also be good

re: Melbourne - just voted world's most livable city :)

Not sure what there is to hate about it. I get that you may not be in love with it, never heard of anyone hating it...

Oh really? The only people I've ever heard comment favourably on the place is girls who like shopping... and even with that in mind they admit it's a struggle.

Two things:

1. Trams

2. Turning left from right hand lanes

Sydney city is a hellhole, but driving through Melbourne city is by far the worst three holidaying experiences of my life. Frustration beyond comprehension, and so illogical and irritating. The pace just makes me so fucking angry.

Anyway, like I said. Love the Victorian coastline (and I'm sure 90% of the state), but I despise Melbourne.

Come on Geoff, trams are old school like our taste in music. We sometimes turn left from the right hand lane because we have multiple lane roads. You'll learn about this once you guys start sealing your roads etc.

We sometimes turn left from the right hand lane because we have multiple lane roads.

:lol: Multiple lane roads???!! What's that???!! ;)

For the record, we, of course, have multiple lane roads in Sydney and I know it's mindblowing, but we turn right from the right hand lane, and left from the left hand lane! ;)

haha, I was in Sydney a few weeks ago and kept on ending up on tollways bypassing the city.

I admit I hate fucking trams. Just replace them with busses already who can pull in to the left.

The turn right from the left is easy after you've done it a couple of times.

I'd say this is more an AFL vs NRL thing :D

Also, it rains more in Sydney annually than in Melbourne. Our weather gets a bum rap....

:lol: Don't get me wrong, mate. Australia's Australia and it's great. And I hate Sydney too. I just hate Melbourne more. ;)

It's funny you say the tollway thing. Two of the three times I was in Melbourne I got trapped on tollways. One time really pissed me off because I went sooo far before I could turn back. I was there for work and in a hire car so it wasn't a money issue or anything... just miles of wasted time. The other time was with my wife and we NEVER use tollways on principle alone, but we just had to in order to get the fuck out of that place! :lol:

Anyway, totally agree that the trams need to go. The idea of them in principle if noble enough, but the fuckers just plain and simple do not work with cars. It's either one or the other. Buses can be annoying at times (only ever for minor superficial reasons), but nothing in the realm of those trams.

Anyway, whether turning right from the left is easy or not, it's the logic behind it that kills me. It is such a stupid idea. I'm almost surprised street signs aren't in imperial unit measurements in Melbourne, just to make the whole place that bit more ridiculous. ;)

hey dont knock imperial........nothing wrong with that ;-)

Are you serious? It is the peak of illogical-ness in this entire world (well, second only to religion)!! What is so wrong with stuff that makes logical sense?

Yards, feet? Miles... gallons. All that rubbish. 1cm is 1cm, and 100 of them are 1m. 1000m is 1km. It's logical, simple and makes sense.

A foot is 30.48cm? Are you serious? Okay, so what do I do with that information now? A yard equals 0.9144m? Are you actually serious? Have you heard of a fucking metre? That thing's a full fucking hundred 100cm. Not almost 91cm. For fuck's sake.

I know I've littered these pages with this hatred of illogical stuff (hence my deep hatred for religion too) but nothing on this planet irritates me more than making shit difficult for the sake of making shit difficult. I think the imperial system is moronic. It pisses me off how stupid it actually is. But hey, I'm just me. :)

Pretty sure the turning right from the left lane is because of trams going down the middle and therefore cars blocking if they were to edge forward to turn right from the right lane.

I guess it's a lot different when you live somewhere.

I rarely travel into town and if I do I make sure it's during the right times of the day or on weekends.

The worst is having to go in to get visas when traveling. 2 trips - one to drop off passport and one to collect.

As I travel a lot so it's a pain.

Other than that, most things can be done from the 'burbs :)

hey dont knock imperial........nothing wrong with that ;-)

Are you serious? It is the peak of illogical-ness in this entire world (well, second only to religion)!! What is so wrong with stuff that makes logical sense?

Yards, feet? Miles... gallons. All that rubbish. 1cm is 1cm, and 100 of them are 1m. 1000m is 1km. It's logical, simple and makes sense.

A foot is 30.48cm? Are you serious? Okay, so what do I do with that information now? A yard equals 0.9144m? Are you actually serious? Have you heard of a fucking metre? That thing's a full fucking hundred 100cm. Not almost 91cm. For fuck's sake.

I know I've littered these pages with this hatred of illogical stuff (hence my deep hatred for religion too) but nothing on this planet irritates me more than making shit difficult for the sake of making shit difficult. I think the imperial system is moronic. It pisses me off how stupid it actually is. But hey, I'm just me. :)

a foot might be 30.48 cms but its exactly 12 inches ;-)

get back to the good old days -

Everyone knows what a pint of beer is........no one knows what a litre of beer is

When I say I weigh 12 st everyone knows how much that is.....no one knows how much 76 kgs is

When i say 3 pounds of spuds everyone knows how much that is......1.5 kgs anyone??

I'm 5ft 11 not 180 cms

A marathon is still 26.2 miles last time I checked

and the speed limit here on motorways is 70 mph

and lastly but most importantly I have a 9 inch cock not a 22.5 cm cock ;-)

Not that I'd expect someone from Australia to understand ;-)

a foot might be 30.48 cms but its exactly 12 inches ;-)

get back to the good old days -

Everyone knows what a pint of beer is........no one knows what a litre of beer is

When I say I weigh 12 st everyone knows how much that is.....no one knows how much 76 kgs is

When i say 3 pounds of spuds everyone knows how much that is......1.5 kgs anyone??

I'm 5ft 11 not 180 cms

A marathon is still 26.2 miles last time I checked

and the speed limit here on motorways is 70 mph

and lastly but most importantly I have a 9 inch cock not a 22.5 cm cock ;-)

Not that I'd expect someone from Australia to understand ;-)

And an inch is another pointless 2.54cm. How is it anymore purposeful than if I came to you and said my penis is 3 nokia phones long. You think it's stupid? So do I. But a nokia phone is as good and accurate a measurement as an inch.

They're not good old days. They're dumb, stupid days before accurate ways to measure things were available. Why fly somewhere when you can build a raft and paddles out of the tree at the end of your street, amirite?

I don't know what a pint of beer is - I know what a schooner is. ;)

Everyone knows how much three pounds of spuds is? I'd challenge you to share that question and confirm that. I had no fucking idea how many spuds you had until you explained you had 1.5kg. That makes sense. What the fuck is a pound? 0.453592kg is what is is. Is it not obvious how fucking stupid that is? Do you know I have six tennis balls of spuds? Sounds stupid? I know. But not less stupid than three pounds.

A marathon will always actually be the kilometres it is. Call is miles if you want to be inaccurate and illogical, but the actual metrical distance is the amount of kilometres the marathon is. 1.609344 kilometres?? What is that shit, seriously? No less valid than me saying I ran a 206 house long run. Man it was long! I'm running the 25 house sprint next week.

It's not that we don't understand in Australia (and any other logical nation), it's just that we're a bit more sensible and (word of the day) logical.

Can I just ask how you count to ten? Me, I count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

You? I guess you'd go something along the lines of 0.6777, 1.777777543, 3.876, 7.663PJ89, 9.44222?

I'm guessing there's no such thing as just a simple 10 in your language? If you can honestly not see the simple logic of metric, I honestly pity you.

I know, I know, it's not really your fault. It's been that way for as long as you know. You live in an illogical country which hasn't seen a ruler yet, but you should try these things out. It's amazing how much more sense stuff makes when it actually makes sense.

How is "an inch" any different than "an erasure?"

Or a "mile" any different to "seventeen car lengths?"

They're just stupid made up random numbers based on the actual proper numbers that exist for a good reason.

What the hell's a myki card, DaHun??

And who's the band, Andrew? ;)