Top 10 albums

Jacob M.

Here's my updated list....

About 4 have been replaced, with Bad City becoming my all time fav album.

10... Robbie Williams - Escapology

Most Americans either don't bother with him, or hear a song they don't like and write him off.
I was in the UK when this was released, and was never a fan before then. Feel was a huge song and after a few listens I really started to like it. As I was leaving for the States I picked up the CD at the airport because I liked the song that much. The rest of the album is amazing. I saw the tour from this album back in Australia and it is still the 3rd best show I've seen.

9… Hot Action Cop - Listen Up!

A long awaited follow up which doesn't let you down. They make the music they want to make, and it takes a few listens, but it worth it.

8… Shiraz Lane - Carnival Days

I know, this was an album from last year, but I really do love it. It may not be in my top 10 in a couple of years, but for now it well and truly earns its spot.

7… Andy Taylor - Thunder

Yep, the Duran Duran guitarist. Left the band and kicked major ass with this album.

6… Dangerous Toys - Pissed

One of my favorite bands, for me this album kicks the two proceeding albums all over the place. The top of their game.

5… Joey Tempest - A Place To Call Home

The singer from Europe's first solo CD and he'd obviously been storing up some great stuff that is a lot lighter and softer than his old bands. All of these are AOR (adult orientated rock) and easy to listen to.

4… Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood

Only one or two tracks here which I can live without. every other one is awesome. Everything about this CD is great.

3… Loud & Clear - Disc Connected

They released a few other albums, but they were average. This one however is just fantastic songs. Got very addicted to this one at the time. Still play it a lot.

2… Hot Action Cop - S/T

Had a hit with 'Fever For The Flava' a few years ago, I was shocked to find that this was to become one of my all time favorite CD's. Every song is awesome. Great lyrics tell great stories, music is melodic, hooky and produced well.

1… Bad City --- Welcome to the Wasteland

Now my all time #1 album. Wish we got more from them, but at least we got this.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Here's my updated list....

About 4 have been replaced, with Bad City becoming my all time fav album.

10... Robbie Williams - Escapology

Most Americans either don't bother with him, or hear a song they don't like and write him off.
I was in the UK when this was released, and was never a fan before then. Feel was a huge song and after a few listens I really started to like it. As I was leaving for the States I picked up the CD at the airport because I liked the song that much. The rest of the album is amazing. I saw the tour from this album back in Australia and it is still the 3rd best show I've seen.

9… Hot Action Cop - Listen Up!

A long awaited follow up which doesn't let you down. They make the music they want to make, and it takes a few listens, but it worth it.

8… Shiraz Lane - Carnival Days

I know, this was an album from last year, but I really do love it. It may not be in my top 10 in a couple of years, but for now it well and truly earns its spot.

7… Andy Taylor - Thunder

Yep, the Duran Duran guitarist. Left the band and kicked major ass with this album.

6… Dangerous Toys - Pissed

One of my favorite bands, for me this album kicks the two proceeding albums all over the place. The top of their game.

5… Joey Tempest - A Place To Call Home

The singer from Europe's first solo CD and he'd obviously been storing up some great stuff that is a lot lighter and softer than his old bands. All of these are AOR (adult orientated rock) and easy to listen to.

4… Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood

Only one or two tracks here which I can live without. every other one is awesome. Everything about this CD is great.

3… Loud & Clear - Disc Connected

They released a few other albums, but they were average. This one however is just fantastic songs. Got very addicted to this one at the time. Still play it a lot.

2… Hot Action Cop - S/T

Had a hit with 'Fever For The Flava' a few years ago, I was shocked to find that this was to become one of my all time favorite CD's. Every song is awesome. Great lyrics tell great stories, music is melodic, hooky and produced well.

1… Bad City --- Welcome to the Wasteland

Now my all time #1 album. Wish we got more from them, but at least we got this.

I was checking out "Love Cream" from your first list. It's good stuff. Thanks for the tip mate.

I doubt my top 10 would change much as they are all bona fide classics.

But just this morning I was considering my current top 10 bands and have to admit that any top 50 list of albums would be riddled with albums from these guys -

HEAT

Degreed

Vega

Night Flight Orchestra

Eclipse

Work Of Art

At least 20 awesome albums between them imo.

On 2/13/2019 at 12:33 AM, Darkstone said:

I noticed a guest checking this thread out yesterday. It looks like it was created just before I joined. Anyway, I thought i'd weigh in with a few selections. Like most here, coming up with just 10 is impossible so I've written down 30. Even then, once I got to 30 I had to stop myself. I could have easily listed 100.

In no particular order,

Bangalore Choir - On Target

Steelheart - Tangled In Reins

Danger Danger - Screw It

Lynch Mob - Wicked Sensation

Lynch Mob - ST

XYZ - Hungry

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime 

W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol

Dokken - Back For The Attack

Don Dokken - Up From The Ashes

Wildside - Under The Influence

Mr. Big - Lean Into It

Europe - Prisoners In Paradise 

Giant - Last Of The Runaways

Bonfire - Fireworks 

Warrant - Cherry Pie

Ten - The Name Of The Rose

Roxus - Nightstreet

Mark Free - Long Way From Love

Talisman - ST

Whitesnake - 1987

Skid Row - Slave To The Grind

Harem Scarem - ST

Guns n Roses - Appetite For Destruction 

Aldo Nova - Blood On The Bricks

Winger - Pull

Gotthard - ST

Tyketto - Don't Come Easy

Heaven's Edge - ST

Firehouse - ST

I'd be interested to see if you guys who posted lists 4 years ago would make any changes or additions to those original posts.

What a compendium, buddy! :wub: We  need to do some DNA test! 

1. BILLY JOEL - Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II

2. METALLICA - Masters of Puppets

3. RUSH - Gold (sort of The Best of)

4. MASQUERADE - Masquerade (1992)

5. LED ZEPPELIN - Led Zeppelin Box Set (1990)

6. RACER X - Second Heat (I don't consider this album perfect but keep coming back to this)

7. ZINATRA - The Great Escape

8. THE STYLE COUNCIL - Our Favourite Shop

9. BAD HABIT - Revolution

10. TNT - Intuition

• 8 months later...

1.Petra- Back to the Street 

2.Foreigner- Mr. Moonlight 

3.WhiteHeart- Powerhouse 

4.Whitecross- High Gear 

5.Petra- On Fire! 

6.Petra- This Means War! 

7.Whitecross- Equilibrium (I like this album way more than I realize 😋)

8.Stryper- The Yellow & Black Attack 

9.Nouveaux- Beginnings

10.Holy Soldier- Last Train 

(This isn't 100% accurate but oh well) 

• 3 months later...

If I were to update my list there would be very little change. Definitely solid. My tastes have not changed a lot in that time. If we were to go back to maybe 2010 my list would have been a lot different. I'm sure Baton Rouge- Shake Your Soul and Britny Fox- Boys In Heat would have been on there. Go back to 2005 and Hericane Alice- Tear The House Down might have been on there :rolleyes:. You listen to more music and your perspective changes.

As of this moment I would switch out Ratt for Harlots Webb- Wild Times. I absolutely love that album. Perfect party rock with a killer vocalist. Every song is 10/10 except Dream About Me which is a tad cringey. I give that track a 5/10. I think I get where they were going with the song. Possibly something similar to Britny Fox. It just doesn't hit.

I rock my Harlots Webb shirt when I can. Will be wearing it later tonight when I go out.

Edited by Jacob M.

On 2/13/2019 at 11:36 AM, Glen said:

I doubt my top 10 would change much as they are all bona fide classics.

But just this morning I was considering my current top 10 bands and have to admit that any top 50 list of albums would be riddled with albums from these guys -

HEAT

Degreed

Vega

Night Flight Orchestra

Eclipse

Work Of Art

At least 20 awesome albums between them imo.

this is dead true...definitely the most consistent bands over the last 10-15 yrs for me.

today whilst painting I listened to the whole Degreed discography. Amazing band. Hardly a filler over the albums and I must admit that the new album from 2019 is much better than I first thought. It would probably climb my list to no 3 or 4 now tbh