Straight Oughtta Compton

Leykis101

If you're a fan or not(I have been since day 1), there is no doubt an entertaining story line behind the rise (and ultimately fall) of what was truly a talented set of guys, where I am a huge fan of the hip hop I like, one must really just turn on the radio to truly put into perspective, just how much better hip hop was back in the day, compared to what it has become now, much like the American music scene, I turn on the radio, and at times, have to pay close attention to rather or not it's one long song, or just a bunch of shit that sounds exactly alike.

N.W.A. was and still is original, humorous, violent, misogynistic, homophobic, crude, vulgar, debasing, and??? clever, witty, fresh, catchy, rebellious, and last but certainly not least, anti-establishment, and if you like them or not, they truly were a once in a lifetime phenomenon, as the members went on to prove, they are multi-talented, my favorite perhaps being the one true black sheep, who wanted NO media attention, he thought at the break up, he wasn't going to write top 40 hits, he was going to stay true to who he was, the one's who truly got it, would stay with him, and he could easily dispose of the rest, and that's what he did, MC Ren, he didn't even want to be involved in the making of this movie, but how do you create a movie about the rise and fall of the single most pioneering rap group in history, and do it excluding one of the founding and key members, so he begrudgingly helped write his version into the movie, and only did it as long as they excluded his name from all commercial trailers, all movie reviews, and all fan fare, that's a true mother fucker, I cannot wait to see this movie, and I know probably not many of you are as amped as I am, but are any of you even remotely interested in seeing this?? I was just extremely curious.

• My Little Pony

Yessir, I'll be there opening weekend. It's just too bad my hip hop head brother is living in Sweden, now. I guess I'll have to go alone.

I've always had a passing interest in N.W.A. and Public Enemy ... I won't go to see this, but no doubt I'll catch up with it on DVD.

My youngest son was singing 'Straight Outta Compton' the other day, and was EXTREMELY surprised to discover that I knew who N.W.A. were ... so much for everything I listen to being, in his words, 'boring' - :)

I'll probably check it out eventually. I enjoy music bios even tho I'm not much of a hip hop guy

I will download this shit out of this thing!! Seriously, I haven't seen a movie in the cinema since my first child was born, nor do I expect to see one for the next 15 or so years, but I will definitely be very keen to see this movie.

As an impressionable young teenager, before I got into hard rock... and I guess while I was getting into it, I was a huge NWA fan. So yeah, I'd have a genuine interest in this film anyway, but like Keef, I love any music bio and would watch any decent film about a group/band (eg. The Doors).

Ummmm.... no. Sorry. Less than zero interest. The last thing I intend to do with even one red cent of mine is to put it towards a movie glorifying rap/hip-hop/whatever.

AGREE!

• My Little Pony

The damn show was sold out. I couldn't believe it. Straight Outta Compton was sold out! The hell? So I saw The Man From U.N.C.L.E. instead. I might catch a showing tomorrow.

How many blacks sit around and watch the Decline Of Western Civilization- The Metal Years?

:lol:

How many would watch or listen to any of our music?? thats not even a realistic question, they don't even appreciate their own musical culture, so my answer has to be, the very few who have any kind of musical intelligence, which is very far and few, and what Ive realized and is so ironic, the rap artists ive found I like, when I read into their history further, end up being just those rappers, they are ones who at some point or another discovered they liked hard rock, and other white based music genres, like Willie D of the ghetto boys, once when he was in prison doing a few years was watching that old video channel, if any of you guys remember, The Box! they were watching that in their prison pod, when John Cougars video for Jack And Diane came on, he saw that and said he was "astounded" he also explained it pretty simply, young black youth don't have the outlet, or the source to point them in that direction, he had never heard of John Cougar, from there on he started to write poetry, and tell storys, instead of just writing gangsta lyrics, I thought that was a completely interesting story, and he actually got to meet, and hooked up with John Cougar, I cant remember if they ever did a song together, but it was very ironic, as Willie D and the Ghetto Boys are one of those rap acts I truly liked, I have a special spot in my heart for people who are more like me, I truly love some types of all music, and believe it is the mark of those who write truly good music, are those who are inspired by all genres, if you cant find something within every single genre, then I look at you with the suspect eye!! I do love some rap, but i'll also be the very 1st to jump in and make fun of it, and all and primarily it's main audience, and something has to be said for a rapper, who does truly get into white music, mainly off charted white music, something they truly have to work to discover, like we have to do with all our music, a brotha who listens to white music, and not just trendy white music top 40 music, is not in with the rest, just my opine, not that it matters.

Well, I'm going in a few minutes. I'll let you know how it is, Cody.

Im gonna try and go tonight, so let me get this straight, the entire theatre was sold out? in Canada?? fuck! now ive heard it all.

Can't wait to hear about the gun fights at the theater while attending this movie. Better hire extra security movie theater owners.

Nah! your forgetting that it aint niggas that shoot theaters up is it?? think about it, who really has been doing the bulk or all of the movie theater shootings?? it aint the blacks.

• My Little Pony

Can't wait to hear about the gun fights at the theater while attending this movie. Better hire extra security movie theater owners.

Nah! your forgetting that it aint niggas that shoot theaters up is it?? think about it, who really has been doing the bulk or all of the movie theater shootings?? it aint the blacks.

Exactly. If any theatres do get shot up during this show, it'll be a white man.

Nah.... you can't have a theater full of black thugs and not have gunfire. We just eclipsed 200 murders in Baltimore this year so far, and 95% of them are blacks shooting blacks.

I will download this shit out of this thing!! Seriously, I haven't seen a movie in the cinema since my first child was born, nor do I expect to see one for the next 15 or so years, but I will definitely be very keen to see this movie.

As an impressionable young teenager, before I got into hard rock... and I guess while I was getting into it, I was a huge NWA fan. So yeah, I'd have a genuine interest in this film anyway, but like Keef, I love any music bio and would watch any decent film about a group/band (eg. The Doors).

Ha ha dont assume that! Youll be attending every kiddie movie released for the next 10 yrs lol.

My most recent was Inside Out - excellent film!

Ha ha dont assume that! Youll be attending every kiddie movie released for the next 10 yrs lol.

My most recent was Inside Out - excellent film!

Yeah, I'm okay with that. I always enjoy those pixar (?) ones anyway. I hadn't thought of that, but yeah, that'll be cool.

Nah.... you can't have a theater full of black thugs and not have gunfire. We just eclipsed 200 murders in Baltimore this year so far, and 95% of them are blacks shooting blacks.

Truth