New SouthGang CD?

AlphaMale

Jesse Harte is asking on FB if people would be interested.

He also asks if someone else would replace Butch, if they'd still be interested.

Jesse Harte:

Just curious. Who would like to hear a new SouthGang record?

Would SouthGang fans support Chris Hereth in the support role of Butch Walker if we made a new record?
As a matter of fact Butch can't even keep up with Chris.

As long as they kept the sound and style from their already released cds then Id love it,not this sudden 'modern' change that a lot of em do,keep to what made people like you in the first place.

If it was the three other original guys and a new guitarist I'd be interested to hear it. It is definitely a concern to do it without the chief song writer, but I would love to hear them give it a go. As noted, if it was true to their original sound/style.

I have seen this post as well and read all the replies from it. The deal is more than likely this would be Jess and three new guys. Hoping for some sort of small money that may be tied to the name for all of us that loved the band before. The sad fact is his voice..well, it's bad these days. And I can bet you any amount of money Butch wants zero to do with this.

And I think it was more than Butch right? If I'm not mistaken the bassist and drummer were the same into Marvelous 3... and were credited as collaborators.

Yep, the Marvies were those three and they were very good.

One thing though, if Southgang were to bestow us fans with the original line up on the 2 albums, I dont think we're certain to get expected outcome of the music sounding as if the band's picked up where they left off.

Butch being a big pop songsmith he is, the band may end up with a melodic modern rock record.

I get the feeling the Southgang album will eventuate with all new songs as much as I'd love to see them issue thier unreleased tracks as a new album.

I for one am keen on checking out what does come out :)

He also asks if someone else would replace Butch, if they'd still be interested.

Would SouthGang fans support Chris Hereth in the support role of Butch Walker if we made a new record?

As a matter of fact Butch can't even keep up with Chris.

I'm getting confused with this thread. When I read this post I believed it to suggest, between the lines, that the other three original guys were all on board, and the only obvious exclusion would be Butch. Am I tripping, and is it purely just Jesse Harte by himself, and if so why does he not mention "support roles" for the bass and drums?

It's funny...because I wouldn't be too upset if someone were to 'support' Butch....that probably means he may help write, etc...but not tour or do gigs. But....as soon as Jared said Jesse's voice isn't up to par, well than that made me go.......nooooooooooooooo......his voice was so distinct to their sound, it would piss me off if they couldn't pull that off.

It's funny...because I wouldn't be too upset if someone were to 'support' Butch....that probably means he may help write, etc...but not tour or do gigs. But....as soon as Jared said Jesse's voice isn't up to par, well than that made me go.......nooooooooooooooo......his voice was so distinct to their sound, it would piss me off if they couldn't pull that off.

And just my opinion of course based on what I heard from the band he was trying to do in the last few years. It did not sound good to me. Did we really expect it to age well though?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Jesse is reaching out to Butch:

Jesse Harte

48 mins ·

Butch Walker give me a call. Take time out of your busy schedule to ROCK old school. The friends and fans want it. Let's do it.
One song. Jesse

I used to love Butch and still love everything he did up to and including 'Sycamore Meadows,' but after that it's been a fucking trainwreck. And as much as I want to like the guy and think he's a cool guy, I get the impression from what I know of him that he'd think a Southgang reunion of any sort would be tacky, embarrassing and beneath him. I think he'd care too much what people think. I'm 99% sure it'll never happen, but good luck with it...

Would Butch even know how to play an electric guitar anymore?