CRAZY LIXX LEFT WITHOUT GUITARIST

DeLaCruz

Loud Minority < New Religion < S/T< Riot Avenue

You, too? Shit, I didn't think anyone would have ever put the last two over the first two.

I just like the harder edge of Riot Avenue. I think they kept the catchiness of the New Religion but made the music rawer and harder on Riot Avenue

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They made the production worse and the guitars sound somewhat muffled compared to New Religion, more like. Riot Avenue lost it's edge... it sounds quite lethargic in comparison to New Religion.

Honestly? I've not heard the first album but the last two are nowhere near the quality of New Religion.

There is nothing muffled about Riot Avenue. Its stripped back for sure - you either like that sound or you dont. But all the instruments sound clear as a bell.

New Religion, S/T, Loud Minority, Riot Ave. But love all 4!!!

They made the production worse and the guitars sound somewhat muffled compared to New Religion, more like. Riot Avenue lost it's edge... it sounds quite lethargic in comparison to New Religion.

Honestly? I've not heard the first album but the last two are nowhere near the quality of New Religion.

S/t stuck on old songs anyway

I have no Crazy Lixx albums but I dig that All Looks song and the video was nice.

I will pick the self titled album as best based in that song.

You need New Religion and the S/T!!!

Yeah, no point prancing around the issue. Riot Avenue sounds like a polished demo and anything "raw" is code for "sounds like shit." No point trying to sugar coat it.

New Religion > s/t > Loud Minority > Riot Avenue

All good albums, though.

Yeah, no point prancing around the issue. Riot Avenue sounds like a polished demo and anything "raw" is code for "sounds like shit." No point trying to sugar coat it.

All good albums, though.

bollocks.

All of it.

esp the s/t > Loud Minority bit...................

All good albums, though.

bollocks.

All of it.

There is some pure gold on the debut, but also some shit.

s/t is good all the way through. Gems aren't as good as the ones on the debut, but the consistency is much better.

And raw = shit. Face it.

All good albums, though.

bollocks.

All of it.

There is some pure gold on the debut, but also some shit.

s/t is good all the way through. Gems aren't as good as the ones on the debut, but the consistency is much better.

And raw = shit. Face it.

V little shit imo. And the gems are basically their best songs lets face it.

There is nothing raw about Riot Avenue. Savage Playground is raw....Riot Avenue sounds as clear as a bell

There is a big difference with not liking a sound and confusing it with a poor production.

Loud Minority < New Religion < Riot Avenue < S/T

Wholly shit! You think both Riot Avenue and the self-titled are better than New Religion?!

Yep. Riot Avenue got an 80's KISS vibe which I always love to listen to. The S/T is just a perfect melodic hard rock album, full of excellent songs (and great production). New Religion is just an OK album to me. Sorry. :)

Let me be clear what I meant about sounding raw. I don't give a crap if people think it sounds muffled or not. I think it sounds great. I just tried to say that it sounded like it had more of an edge and less melodic and pop then New Religion. And in general I think the songs are better. period. New Religion is good but Riot Avenue is better.

Let me be clear what I meant about sounding raw. I don't give a crap if people think it sounds muffled or not. I think it sounds great. I just tried to say that it sounded like it had more of an edge and less melodic and pop then New Religion. And in general I think the songs are better. period. New Religion is good but Riot Avenue is better.

Glad someone else appreciates this album. I love New Religion but i reckon i have listened to Riot Avenue and the debut more.

Glad someone else appreciates this album. I love New Religion but i reckon i have listened to Riot Avenue and the debut more.

'Riot Avenue' is a good solid album. Simple explanation of the raw sound to me; It just plain and simply doesn't sound as "full" as something like 'New Religion.' Drums and guitars sound thin and it just doesn't sound like someone sat down and well... produced the thing, for lack of a better term. Just sounds like they laid down their guitar, drum and bass tracks separately and put it together with the vocals and the album was finished. Trendy hipsters may think that's cool, but I personally prefer a nice full and beefy sound... something ballsy like you get when you see a band live.

'Riot Avenue' is a good solid album. Simple explanation of the raw sound to me; It just plain and simply doesn't sound as "full" as something like 'New Religion.' Drums and guitars sound thin and it just doesn't sound like someone sat down and well... produced the thing, for lack of a better term. Just sounds like they laid down their guitar, drum and bass tracks separately and put it together with the vocals and the album was finished. Trendy hipsters may think that's cool, but I personally prefer a nice full and beefy sound... something ballsy like you get when you see a band live.

Agree 100%. I also feel RA is a very solid album(the songs are there),just not the slick production(real shame) but still really like the album.

Agree 100%. I also feel RA is a very solid album(the songs are there),just not the slick production(real shame) but still really like the album.

New Religion has more guitar infill for sure...but the drum sound on RA is arguably better in my opinion.

NR is all clashy cymbol.....if that's what you like.

I totally get that some may not prefer the sound of RA, but to say its badly produced is wrong....its like saying you don't like the 'production' on a dance track because its just bass and keyboards but it is actually the best production ever.

The fact is that every instrument sounds better on RA than any other Crazy Lixx album.

And into the bargain I rated 4 songs on RA 10/10.

There are some ball busters on there....and some incredible hooks.

Something nobody seems to think about I believe is: Riot Avenue with the same ''sound'' as New Religion (everything else being the same, same songs and arrangments) would NOT EVEN sound good I think

I like both albums for what they are and couldn't imagine either having the sound of the other and vice versa