CRAZY LIXX LEFT WITHOUT GUITARIST

DeLaCruz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From their website:

What many might have suspected can now officially be confirmed - guitarist Edd Liam has, for personal reasons, decided to quit the band. Edd has been in Crazy Lixx since the start of the 2010 tour following the release of our second album New Religion and played on two studio albums – Riot Avenue (2012) and the self-titled Crazy Lixx (2014). What may come as more of a surprise is that this summer also brings the end to Andy Zäta’s 7 year long career as lead guitar player for CL as he is now instead assuming one of the guitarist positions in the newly started British rock band Inglorious. Andy joined after the departure of Vic Zino (who joined Hardcore Superstar) in 2008 and has been, together with singer Danny Rexon, one of the main song-writers for the band and also the co-producer on the last two studio albums.

As to the future of the band, nothing has yet been decided. - “It is indeed a difficult position for us and we have yet to discuss how we will react on this situation, but I would lie if I said the band’s future existence isn’t at stake. The rest of us will have to sit down and start making plans for the remainder of the year and most importantly, decide whether Crazy Lixx is in those plans or not.” – says lead singer and founder Danny Rexon.

All interview requests for the band or the ex-members Edd and Andy about their departure can be sent to info@crazylixx.com.

Danny, Joél and Jens - Crazy Lixx

I guess it's all down about the money. I mean, probably Danny has a daily job that occupied his time, not to mention his family, and the guitarists are all focused in music and make a living out of it, so probably they're just looking for a better cashflow in a better band.

Can't blame them but won't deny I'll miss this band if they got disbanded later :(

Bummer.

Really have enjoyed most of their albums with both New Religion and the last self-titled album getting a lot of spins.

Hope they can pull it together but losing Andy seems like a pretty big blow :(

• 2 weeks later...

They decided to continue and are auditioning guitarists, if any of you wants to give it a try. Times like these I wish I had learnt to play an Instrument. I really hope they find two capable musicians who will write great riffs and songs and maybe return to the New Religion era sound, fingers crossed

Great news! As long as they can play, and as a whole continue to write songs in the same style that is all I need to know.

Pressrelease:

After massive fan support and extensive discussions within Crazy Lixx the band has decided to give it another shot and try to find new band members to fill the guitarist spots after Andy and Edd.

“We’ve still got requests from promoters wanting to book shows and we’ve had a lot of stuff pending since the member situation has been uncertain for quite a while. We really feel we owe it to ourselves and our fans to at least look at the possibilities of putting together a new version of Crazy Lixx to get back in the game – and the first crucial step is to find new guitar players.” - says lead singer Danny Rexon

If you’re interested in applying please send an e-mail to info@crazylixx.com with a short presentation and a link to a video clip of you playing (and singing if you know how to), preferably, but not necessarily, a Crazy Lixx song.

One or more of the skills and talents below are sought after:

Rhythm guitar playing
Lead guitar playing
Lead and / or backing vocal singing
Studio and recording experience
Live performance, stage and touring experience
Lyrics and song writing
If this sounds like you or someone you know, don’t hesitate to send us your application. We’ll look through each and every one but for practical reasons we won’t be able to answer each applicant personally. If we’re interested in letting you audition we’ll get in touch.

Danny, Joél & Jens – Crazy Lixx

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

via FB:

Crazy Lixx
Yesterday at 3:59pm

We're currently in the process of rehearsing a new live set with two new guys, who, if everything goes well, will hopefully be our future guitar players. We can't tell you much about them at the moment other than that they're both swedish with a past in the swedish hard rock / sleaze metal scene.

If everything works out the way we hope, we should be able to present a new Crazy Lixx line up before the end of the year.

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has applied for the guitarrist positions and all you fans who spread the word to help us find new members.

Share if you dig!

UPDATE:

via FB:

Crazy Lixx

We're currently in the process of rehearsing a new live set with two new guys, who, as long as they don't hear me sing, will hopefully be our future guitar players.

If they do hear me sing they will probably quit as fast as the original 2 guitarists we had, after they realised we had zero connection on stage and looked as though we were just going throuh the motions and couldnt really be arsed to play in front of ours fans anymore.

The fact that I strained for every high note and looked half asleep was only a side issue in the end.

Anyway, If everything works out the way we hope, we should be able to present a new Crazy Lixx line up before the end of the year.

If I were you I'd just buy the new cd, hope its better than the last average release, and don't bother buying tickets for any of our live gigs.

Share if you dig!

edited for truth................

;-)

Jeez you go cold on bands you once liked, mate!! :lol: Wasn't it only a couple of years ago you were raving endlessly about Riot Avenue (which, ironically, being their rawest album, highlights the vocalist more than any of their other CDs)?

No. I love their first 3 cds. The 4th was a step back in quality imo.

They have always been weak live. Not bad as such but just not quite what u expect from the albums.

UPDATE:

via FB:

Crazy Lixx

We're currently in the process of rehearsing a new live set with two new guys, who, as long as they don't hear me sing, will hopefully be our future guitar players.

If they do hear me sing they will probably quit as fast as the original 2 guitarists we had, after they realised we had zero connection on stage and looked as though we were just going throuh the motions and couldnt really be arsed to play in front of ours fans anymore.

The fact that I strained for every high note and looked half asleep was only a side issue in the end.

Anyway, If everything works out the way we hope, we should be able to present a new Crazy Lixx line up before the end of the year.

If I were you I'd just buy the new cd, hope its better than the last average release, and don't bother buying tickets for any of our live gigs.

Share if you dig!

;-)

You guys are hilarious! There were PLENTY of 80's bands with singers that weren't good singers but the music/songs were great. So he's not the best singer, the band is great and the songs are great!!!

UPDATE:

via FB:

Crazy Lixx

Share if you dig!

;-)

You guys are hilarious! There were PLENTY of 80's bands with singers that weren't good singers but the music/songs were great. So he's not the best singer, the band is great and the songs are great!!!

Agreed. I have had no problem with the guys vocals. Even if he sucks live..... a lot of guys suck live. Axl and David Lee Roth are two of the worst.

@ Rocker, Alpha,

I have no problem with his vocals on disc either.

I was more trying to point out one of the possible reasons why they split.

I have never seen a band live with so little connection on stage or with their audience.

Going through the motions was how my mate described them

UPDATE:

via FB:

Crazy Lixx

Share if you dig!

;-)

Agreed. I have had no problem with the guys vocals. Even if he sucks live..... a lot of guys suck live. Axl and David Lee Roth are two of the worst.

Funny you bring this up, guys. Something I've really been noticing lately. I love Overland in FM and he is the only voice for the band, ever. I loved Ousey in Heartland (when they were a decent band) and the band could only ever be him on vocals. But let's be honest, outside of the bands I just don't think they're good singers at all. Yeah, I know; controversial. But jeez I have this opinion. Numerous other examples, but these two are fresh on my mind.