Bon Jovi - Burning Bridges

Stefan

Never been a big fan. Turned me off when Jon Bon Dickhead said he would never again do the style that made them successful. Another John Waite..... hates the discs that made them a household name. Bon Jovi really hasn't been Bon Jovi since KTF.

Fuck you Jon.

If this was July 22, 1987 you and I would be in the middle of the street, fighting.

But it's July 22, 2015, and I couldn't agree more.

Yeah Bon Jovi has been dead since KTF for me as well...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha in Bon Jovi world, every leftovers can be used to farm some cash, remember 100 million bon jovi boxset ? they grab plenty of leftovers to build up to 4 CDs :D

Yeah but those were mostly left overs from GOOD albums. The last two BJ albums were shit and now we get to enjoy the worst of those? Not interested...

But who's taste do you trust? You never know; their idea of the shit songs might actually be the better songs according to their older fans? I'm definitely NOT saying this to be fact, but you never know. In fact, there's only one way to find out for sure, and we all know what that is. ;)

Was almost thinking the same thing...

After all, a lot of the bonus tracks on their albums have been some of the better tracks if you looks from an 'old school' point of view, so there could very likely be some gems hiding in the unreleased stuff.

Never been a big fan. Turned me off when Jon Bon Dickhead said he would never again do the style that made them successful. Another John Waite..... hates the discs that made them a household name. Bon Jovi really hasn't been Bon Jovi since KTF.

Fuck you Jon.

If this was July 22, 1987 you and I would be in the middle of the street, fighting.

well that's a shame since 'These Days' is really an awesome album

Fuck you Jon.

well that's a shame since 'These Days' is really an awesome album

Yes exactly, it's a very good album. Not as good as KTF in my opinion but very solid. Their last one unfortunately...

Now that they've lost their guitarist and bass player, how long before Bon Jovi is just 'Jon and Blokes'?

Now that they've lost their guitarist and bass player, how long before Bon Jovi is just 'Jon and Blokes'?

I think for the general public it's been like this for YEARS already, when they say Bon Jovi = Jon Bon Jovi for them there's no difference

Just another thought here buddy

when you see the real history of BON JOVI, the real two dudes behind this band is actually Jon and David Bryan, they started the whole thing and guess what, Richie Sambora was the last player to join in after Tico and Richie was a session musician too. Alec John Such and Tico were brought up by David and funny thing is Jon met and played with Hugh MacDonald way before Alec and Hugh is now helping Jon again, so as long as Jon and David is around, the real Bon Jovi is still exist :D

I love Richie and his playing and his vocal, but talking about irreplaceable, not entirely true about him especially when he's fallen to the drugs, somebody must fill in the job and the show must goes on. This Phil X dude, he's a great and accomplished musician, not only handling guitar, but can play mandolin, bass, and also has great vocal. Check out this footage from Bon Jovi's concert in Brisbane, Phil nailed a wonderful vocal on AC/DC classic, 'Highway to Hell', skip to 03:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKJ6Z9BHmIw

Just another thought here buddy

when you see the real history of BON JOVI, the real two dudes behind this band is actually Jon and David Bryan, they started the whole thing and guess what, Richie Sambora was the last player to join in after Tico and Richie was a session musician too. Alec John Such and Tico were brought up by David and funny thing is Jon met and played with Hugh MacDonald way before Alec and Hugh is now helping Jon again, so as long as Jon and David is around, the real Bon Jovi is still exist :D

I love Richie and his playing and his vocal, but talking about irreplaceable, not entirely true about him especially when he's fallen to the drugs, somebody must fill in the job and the show must goes on. This Phil X dude, he's a great and accomplished musician, not only handling guitar, but can play mandolin, bass, and also has great vocal. Check out this footage from Bon Jovi's concert in Brisbane, Phil nailed a wonderful vocal on AC/DC classic, 'Highway to Hell', skip to 03:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKJ6Z9BHmIw

I get your point, but, for me at least, 'Bon Jovi' is the five guys who recorded 'Slippery ...', 'New Jersey', 'Keep The Faith', etc.

Saying that Bon Jovi IS Jon and David is a bit like saying Iron Maiden would still be the same band without Dickinson, Murray, Smith, et al., simply because Steve Harris is still in the band :)

As I mentioned, I'm not particularly keen on the "We Don't Run" song as it has that somewhat "processed" sound which I presume is more in tune with some of the modern sounds of melodic hard rock these days (which I'll admit I'm not much up to date on).

However, if this song (and/or style) was by someone else other than Bon Jovi (e.g. a new band), would it be getting more appreciation? Or is it still pretty crap within the context of the current "modern" sounding bands of today?

However, if this song (and/or style) was by someone else other than Bon Jovi (e.g. a new band), would it be getting more appreciation? Or is it still pretty crap within the context of the current "modern" sounding bands of today?

That's exactly the way I look at it and is why I made my initial comments as I did on the song. It's just a good solid modern rock song; BJ or not.

That's exactly the way I look at it and is why I made my initial comments as I did on the song. It's just a good solid modern rock song; BJ or not.

The problem is that fans expect more...or at least they use to. I think now the majority of us just expect everything they release to be crap.

The thing is, Bon Jovi as a business probably want to keep up with the ongoing changes in music styles to stay relevant, otherwise there would come a time where the mainstream press considers them dated and old-school.

It's us fans of their original style that are moaning about the changes. Some of us don't like the modern sound, and some do. I guess we don't know the numbers and revenues involved in these preferences. Plus, ticket sales will make them far more money than album sales, so even if their older fans don't like their new material, the band would still be playing some of their old favourites at their gigs to keep them happy year after year. And any of the more modern "processed" sounds on record could still sound more organic when played live.

"Contractual Obligation."

What a complete prick this guy has turned out to be. Almost sorry I ever considered myself a fan.

According to certain Kiss members,we wouldn't have Kiss Alive 2 and the solo albums without contractual obligation.....

Bon Jovi will never win really,do more of what they did in the 80s and they're just rehashing old music to sell out,move with the times and they're selling out too.

Its not like they're the first band to lose original members either. FFS Foreigner did a tour a couple of years ago where at one point there were no original band members onstage.

What a complete prick this guy has turned out to be. Almost sorry I ever considered myself a fan.

Bon Jovi will never win really,do more of what they did in the 80s and they're just rehashing old music to sell out,move with the times and they're selling out too.

I disagree. There are many bands out there who have updated their sound without losing what makes them "them". Example Tesla. But either way, it shouldn't matter when you are as big as BJ is. Do the thousands of people that come to see Kiss, AC/DC, Motley Crue etc. call them dated acts? How about Poison?

The fact is most of the people that listen to BJ or any of the people I mentioned aren't buying the new stuff to begin with because they want to hear the hits. Putting out terrible album after terrible album though isn't ever going to change that.

I disagree. There are many bands out there who have updated their sound without losing what makes them "them". Example Tesla. But either way, it shouldn't matter when you are as big as BJ is. Do the thousands of people that come to see Kiss, AC/DC, Motley Crue etc. call them dated acts? How about Poison?

The fact is most of the people that listen to BJ or any of the people I mentioned aren't buying the new stuff to begin with because they want to hear the hits. Putting out terrible album after terrible album though isn't ever going to change that.

I agree, no reason you can't move on and keep a little of your past in your sound aswell.

From ultimateclassicrock.com:

The track listing for Bon Jovi‘s new “fan album” Burning Bridges has reportedly leaked — along with details that could dispel some of the mystery surrounding the project.

According to sources at Melodic Rock, the 16-track collection compiles outtakes and rarities from the band’s recent years, as well as new single “We Don’t Run” and a pair of Jon Bon Jovi solo projects: “Beautiful Day,” the song he recorded for Finding Neverland: The Musical, and “Start Your Own Revolution,” a song he wrote and performed for his commencement address at Rutgers earlier this year.

MR‘s sources are calling Burning Bridges a “contractual obligation album,” which could explain why the record’s being put out Aug. 21 while the band is in the studio working on what’s been termed a “full-scale release” for early 2016. Burning Bridges is coming out via Republic Records, a division of Universal, the company that owns the Island Def Jam Music Group — which is where the group’s original label, Mercury Records, ended up after a series of acquisitions and mergers dating back to the ’90s. In other words, Bon Jovi has spent its entire career recording for either Mercury or some arm of a corporation that absorbed it, and perhaps Bridges marks the end of that chapter.

Then again, maybe this is all malarkey, and Burning Bridges will sport a completely different track listing and backstory by the time it arrives next month. Take all this with a grain of salt, but in the meantime, here are the alleged contents of the record, along with the album sessions each track was taken from.

Bon Jovi, ‘Burning Bridges’ Possible Track Listing

“We Don’t Run”
“Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning” (The Circle)
“Mona Lisa” (Bounce)
“Nothing” (Have a Nice Day)
“Who Says You Can’t Go Home” (feat. Keith Urban) (Have a Nice Day)
“This Ain’t Love” (The Circle)
“State of Our Union” (What About Now)
“Shine” (What About Now)
“Times Like These” (What About Now)
“Beautiful Day” (Finding Neverland)
“Start Your Own Revolution (a.k.a. “Reunion”)
“This Is Our House” (Greatest Hits)
“I’m Giving Me to You” (What About Now)
“I’m On My Way” (The Circle)
“Second Chances” (The Circle)
“The Ghost of a Good Thing” (The Circle)

Yes! Another version of 'Who says you can't go home!' Still their worst song to date, imo.