5th Avenue - It's Been A Long Way EP

Stefan

10956364_454034341411619_361609521077393

From metalshockfinland.com:

After a 17 year break the Hamburg rock band 5TH AVENUE are returning to the stage. Along with their several earlier well known classics, the Wacken pioneers will be delighting us with some new sounds and proving just how much they love making music. Their new album “It’s been a long way…” is to be released on May 12, 2014.

The Hamburg band 5th AVENUE formed in 1989 and built up a number of faithful fans in their home town within a very short space of time. They sold out KNUST within 15 minutes of tickets going on sale, which even REM didn’t manage and they were able to prove their reputation as a great live act with various club shows and performances at big music festivals. Back in 1989 5TH AVENUE was one of the first bands ever to play the very first Wacken Open Air – now the biggest metal festival in the world – and as they went down so well with the audience, they were invited to come back and perform at Wacken several times.

Live performances included opening for “Kathrina & the Waves”, “Little River Band”, “Plan B”, “Saxon”, “Mama’s Boys” and “D.A.D.”.

In 1994 and 1995 5TH AVENUE were voted the most popular Hamburg band in the local daily newspaper “Hamburger Morgenpost” leaving such well-established German acts as Blumfeld and Marius-Müller Westernhagen trailing behind them.

In 1994 5TH AVENUE signed a record deal with Dream Circle Records/Polydor. The band went off to the States to record their debut album in the legendary Goodnight LA Studios, produced by Roger Summers, an absolute sensation for the still very young band from Hamburg. Their first single „Luka” went down well straight away with several radio stations and climbed to top spots in many listeners charts.

Rapid success and the media hype surrounding their USA trip led to tension in the band, with some members leaving and being replaced. The album never got released. 1996 the band split up.

At the end of 2012 5TH AVENUE decided to finally return to the stage and reform with a new line up.

Their first test gigs, among others in the famous Hamburg venue Kaiserkeller and at the Kieler Woche, proved that the band from Hamburg had just as much fun playing as ever and hadn’t lost any of their power and presence on stage.

Along with many other shows, the new line up gave a tremendous performance at the “Hamburger Metal-Dayz” in 2013 and were cited by many as being the highlight of the evening.

Currently the band are hard at it in the studio rehearsing the songs from the lost tapes put down all those years ago in the States and laying down new tracks to finally perform to their many loyal and more recently acquired fans.

After 17 long years – nomen est omen – the new album from 5TH AVENUE “It’s Been A long Way” will finally be released and presented live on a big festival tour in summer, with such higlights as the Wacken Open Air, Harley Days and Baltic Open Air.

Lineup:

Tracy Menard - Bass, Keyboards, Vocals
Tom Landry - Drums
Brent Guidry - Guitars, Vocals
Tim Gerami - Keyboards, Vocals
Bryan Perrin - Keyboards, Vocals

www.5thavenue-hamburg.com

facebook

artworks-000076217315-x4wfny-t500x500.jp

Tracklist:

I didn't expect it, but I have to say, I kinda love that tune. Yeah it's pretty basic, but I still love it. Really great melodic rock. Looking at the song titles, I hope it's not just a one-off, but either way, I'll check out the EP if only for this great song. Very nice find.

I didn't expect it, but I have to say, I kinda love that tune. Yeah it's pretty basic, but I still love it. Really great melodic rock. Looking at the song titles, I hope it's not just a one-off, but either way, I'll check out the EP if only for this great song. Very nice find.

Have to ditto your thoughts Geoff......something there that just reaches out and pulls the ole chain!!!

Geoff, click on the other songtitles and listen to the rest of the EP.

You're so 2015. Sadly, my fear was actualised. The other songs aren't too bad, but the video is by far the best song... by a long way.

• 1 year later...