Ozone - Self Defence

Stefan

Mine arrived last Friday morning,been listening to it since,very good indeed,dips off a bit near the end for me but the first 3 or 4 tracks are excellent.love the 3rd track,the ballad called "so blind" mostly atm closely followed by "tiger by the tail"

• My Little Pony

I completely missed this thread, and only learnt about the project through FaceTubes. Thank the Mafia for that.

It's very well written, produced and played and the 2 O's sound excellent....So why didn't this blow my socks off?. Don't get me wrong, It's very good and solid, but it isn't exactly anything spectacular either and dare I say a little formulaic. Maybe it will grow with more spins

It's very well written, produced and played and the 2 O's sound excellent....So why didn't this blow my socks off?. Don't get me wrong, It's very good and solid, but it isn't exactly anything spectacular either and dare I say a little formulaic. Maybe it will grow with more spins

Well, It's no Steelhouse Lane!

Well, It's no Steelhouse Lane!

Nothing else ever will be...

Unfortunately I'm with you on this one.

I wanted SO badly for Ozone to strike a chord with me ala the Virginia Wolf debut, but it didn't, and additional spins will not convince me otherwise.

I admit I'm hopelessly stuck in 1986 with my musical tastes and it's probably more my fault than all these "new" bands'. Thank God there's still so many lesser-known gems from the 80's I've yet to discover.

Yeah, I played this today and I have to admit it missed the mark pretty solid for me. One of the weaker, if not the weakest Slamer disc I've heard from him in the last couple of decades. I didn't really find any great songs on here at all. Slamer still sounds like Slamer, though, which is nice.

I really love So Blind(ballad), especially that low reg. intro mumbling- although I'd prefer a richer-more escalated chorus with some more vocal gymnastics, Self Defence, Practice What You Preach and Visionary Man.

I really love So Blind(ballad), especially that low reg. intro mumbling- although I'd prefer a richer-more escalated chorus with some more vocal gymnastics, Self Defence, Practice What You Preach and Visionary Man.

Quoted for truth

• My Little Pony

Quoted for truth

Cheeky bugger. ;}

• 4 months later...