Castronovo's in Trouble (This Sucks!)

gener8tr

Ok @ L101. I have slept on it. Firstly can I say that your comment still utterly sucks. However I should not have attempted to interpret the meaning you placed behind it as I do not know what that is. So for me to say you are condoning violence against women was wrong and I do apologise. I think as Glen stated your wording was poorly chosen. As you stated, there are two sides to every story. Therefore we must consider that the woman in this case is nothing but a victim. Perhaps my views on this are influenced by the fact that I have seen women die and become permanently disabled as a result of domestic violence. This is something I see frequently in my work. In fact the current stat is that two women lose their lives as a result of domestic violence every week here in Australia. I'm not sure what the US stat is but it is undoubtedly much much higher. Again I'm not trying to put words in your mouth but when reading your comments it does appear that you are glossing over or overlooking the issue of violence against women. Again I am sorry if I have misinterpreted you but that is how it reads to me.

JC AOR, I have watched many of my friends, who early on in life, knocked up some chick, and for whatever convoluted reason, married them cause of this, fucking up both their lives, well there are about 3 of them, who married chicks that turned out to be "bipolar", I dont hang out with trash, have never laid a violent hand on any women in my entire life, watching my mom get beat up as young kid, I formed my own opinion on this very early on, and it wasn't until I watched some of my best friends, the happiest go lucky guys in the world, get turned into "wife beaters", watched how these women played fucking mind games with these guys, twisted and shredded their self confidence, emasculated them, finally suttely taking pokes and small shots at them, then it snowballs from there, hitting them with shit, constantly showing up at their jobs, trying to catch them cheating, twisting their own words around to suit, whatever brash sick fucking warped thoughts they are trying to plug their own minds with, my friends knowing that the second they leave, they will never see their kids again, these sick bitches waiting for them to leave so they can take everything they own, then finally physically abusing them, what man is going to call the police cause his wife's beating him up? then finally the house of cards crashes down, and guess who winds u a "woman beater" with a domestic violence charge on their records, not the sick whores who instigated it, so I am completely sympathetic to women like my mom, who were so stunned by the fact the man they loved would lay a hand on them, that it takes them a minute to comprehend it and put a stop to it, but ive watched way to many of these sick bitches, who are probably way more prevalent in America, because the way the entire moral fabric of the country seems to becoming unwound, trust me dude, I would have to say it's a safe bet that more then half of domestic violence charges in this country go the way I have just laid it out, then not, because it's a lose lose situation for the man, you get caught up with the wrong bitch, and your a goner, no judge is going to take your side, therefore, women no they can trap a man, and once they do, its over, I dont imagine it's really like that in Australia, as from all I see, Aussies, they seem to be pretty normal people, and not at all entitled, at least the many I know, I do not apologize for the wording I used, because these women are the bottom of the barrel, I thought I was being to nice, but watching these fucking wicked whores sink their fangs into my friends, and watching my friends have their entire lives ripped out from under them, you will get no apologies from me, nor any sympathy, if some jerk off waste of skin beats his girl around, just cause he's a piece of shit, thats different, I walked out of an apartment I was at 3 years ago, and a guy had his girlfriend hunched into the corner of their patio, kicking her, and hitting her with a whiskey bottle, I told my daughter to wait in the house, and I walked over and took control of the situation, I found myself in a situation that almost cost me my freedom for the rest of my life, it's a fucking disgustingly fine line, and I have just seen way to many good guys go down in flames, I have zero patience for it, and its just getting to hard to always give the women the benefit of the doubt, sorry I was an asshole to you, I just say what i feel, and it's so hard to read a persons emotions and point of view through words, are we cool?

I understand your point of view and believe me I do realise that domestic violence works both ways. Women are not always the victims, absolutely I do agree with that. I guess I felt that your language and tone was quite brazen given the sensitivity of such a topic. I can see that like me, you have been influenced by experiences in your own life and therefore I respect your feelings

Peace brother L.

Now back to the music and I do hope this situation does not slow journey down in coming out with a new album.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEAL SCHON has posted on the JOURNEY facebook page, news that they will take OMAR HAKIMon the road with them for the next set of dates in repalce of Deen Castronovo, who is dealing with domestic violence charges back at home.

"We Journey have made the decision to have Omar Hakim play drums for the band’s upcoming U.S. concerts (Hollywood Bowl on Saturday, June 20 and the Stadium of Fire in Provo, Utah on Saturday, July 4), as well as the band's Canadian tour (July 6 – August 3), due to Deen Castronovo’s pending issues. We are very grateful to Omar filling in with his musical excellence."

Guest MalcolmTucker

That guy is usually a jazz drummer, so sure he's a superb musician. Anyway, I can't help thinking that this would be a perfect moment to bring Steve Smith back.

That guy is usually a jazz drummer, so sure he's a superb musician. Anyway, I can't help thinking that this would be a perfect moment to bring Steve Smith back.

Unfortunately, Journey just lost their BEST singer.

I really hope things work-out for both Deen and his wife. The stigma of domestic violence is something that could easily follow him around forever.

If Cas and Schon weren't such good buds, I could easily see this being the end of his Journey days. I certainly hope not.

I read somewhere that this is actually the second time that he has been charged for something like this?! Hmmmm ...

Thats exactly what I was thinking!! Where is Mr. Dunsbar??? LOL

Guest MalcolmTucker

Well, Gener8tr, I don't know if the best way to value a drummer is by his singing skills.

Well, Gener8tr, I don't know if the best way to value a drummer is by his singing skills.

I stand by my statement. I don't care if the dude is the best or worst drummer on earth... he's the best current singer in Journey and could (should) be up-front behind the mic. Pineda was very good when he first joined the band, but his voice has been Augeri'd from the constant touring. Deen's voice is as close to Perry's as we'll ever get

Those of you who weren't around in the early to mid 80's to witness the awesomeness that was Journey first-hand are probably tired of the decades-long Perry comparisons... but those of us who were there and listened to ESCAPE on vinyl while in the 7th. grade... well, we were blessed with quite possibly the greatest voice in rock history, and one that will certainly never be replaced.

And those of you who were listening to Look Into The Future, ST, and Next on Vinyl and loving it, then were hit up side the head left dumbfounded when the following album was a top 40 radio record will never forgive the moron and "untalented" vocalist who took a genius band called Journey and turned them into a bubble gum band!! devils advocate folks, I lived with this exact Journey fan for the 1st half of my life, he is my step father, and this is exactly the way he views it, LOL

And those of you who were listening to Look Into The Future, ST, and Next on Vinyl and loving it, then were hit up side the head left dumbfounded when the following album was a top 40 radio record will never forgive the moron and "untalented" vocalist who took a genius band called Journey and turned them into a bubble gum band!! devils advocate folks, I lived with this exact Journey fan for the 1st half of my life, he is my step father, and this is exactly the way he views it, LOL

Lol

This has really turned from bad to worse, and if the allegations prove true, Castronovo's days in Journey are over... as well they should be.

But I'm all about "Innocent until proven guilty," so we'll have to just wait and see. Either way, this whole thing sucks!

Local angle with a fairly complete description:

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/30/drummer-deen-castronovo-arrested--rape-charges/29508607/

Cliff's Notes version of the charges:

The new list of charges is as follows: five counts of fourth-degree assault, one count of first-degree rape, two counts of menacing, one count of unlawful use of a weapon, one count of second-degree assault, one count of second-degree sex abuse, one count of coercion, one count of second-degree criminal mischief, and three counts of contempt of court, according to the indictment.

Oh dear....doesnt sound good. Those are some v serious charges.

Yeah, this has gone WAY beyond perhaps grabbing her by the wrist and telling her to "Shut the **** up."

Oregon law is dead serious when it comes to sexual felony cases. Again, none of us know exactly what happened, but the GRAND JURY has indicted him, so this is much more than just an accusation by a scorned ex-lover.

Check this out:

Sentence Range for Each Level

A court can impose a maximum prison sentence for each class of felony.

• Class A felony: up to 20 years imprisonment
  • Class B felony: up to 10 years imprisonment
  • Class C felony: up to five years imprisonment

And in case you're not sure where First Degree Rape falls:

Class A
  • First-degree rape
  • First-degree manslaughter
  • Aggravated vehicular homicide
  • First-degree assault

Yeah, that's gone a bit crazy. Very hard to comment on it, really, as there are only two people in the world who really know what's happened here.

Yeah, that's gone a bit crazy. Very hard to comment on it, really, as there are only two people in the world who really know what's happened here.

Exactly.....massive over reaction on Facebook and online in general.

Let the guy have his trial - then condemn him if he's found guilty.......not the other way around.

It does not bode well though that he is being held without bail.

Exactly.....massive over reaction on Facebook and online in general.

Let the guy have his trial - then condemn him if he's found guilty.......not the other way around.

It does not bode well though that he is being held without bail.

Yeah, to be honest, my first instinct would not be so harsh towards him. Obviously, without a doubt he has seriously fucked up to some degree, and the 122 text messages and 35 calls since his release is a terrible look. But the whole rape thing, assuming it is his wife making those accusations, casts a massive shadow of doubt over the whole thing for me, personally.

But like I said, only the two of them really know what's gone on.

What gets me the worst, maybe I said It before, in these cases (ala Kobe)the suspect is automatically tossed out to the wolfs, splattered on everything from the front page of the newspaper, the local, and even national, maybe world news, and by human nature, he's automatically condemned, I have to seriously check myself and remember that I know nothing about it, the media are straight up FUCKING BULLSHIT LIARS!! that's an understatement, believe nothing you hear in the media, or even better, believe the exact opposite, but anyways, he's already tainted and found guilty, and the "victim" is drowned in complete obscurity, hidden from all spotlight, well as far as I know, legally, by any standards, regardless of the class of felony, RAPE IS SUPPOSEDLY NOT A SEX CRIME, OR CRIMINALLY LEGIBLE IN ANYWAY FILED UNDER ANY SORT OF SEXUAL CONDUCT, RAPE IS FLAT OUT, A CRIME OF VIOLENCE, THATS IT, NOTHING MORE!! so if it's a crime of violence, why is the "victim" protected from the public scrutiny? how is that fair, and how does Dean ever get a fair trial? if it were Aggravated Assault, or Aggravated Attempted Homicide, 2 other Violent Crimes carrying the same punishments, you can bet your ass, the "victims" name and picture would be front and center, right next to the suspected perpetrator, so why is an exception all of the sudden granted, for the same caliber of crime, as those other horrible crimes?? how is this fair in the least? especially to a Male, of semi to large notoriety, it just seems completely fucked up, and 100% dishonest, and like if he is a piece of shit woman beater, and rape-o, or if he is completely innocent and was set up by a lying fucking whore, it is completely and absolutely irrelevant, because now in the court of public opinion(which like it or not will play a role in his trial)he is completely doomed, and already totally shafted, It just makes my blood boil, there is nothing in the least that will now give him the piece of mind that you are innocent until proven guilty in the so called greatest country on earth, and one could even go so far as to say this railroad job, has already sentenced him to life in prison, even if he's found innocent, nobody really ever will look at him as innocent, his life has been completely ruined permanently, that is the stigma of "Rape" and the ultimate hatred I feel towards anyone who fraudulently cry's Rape, out of spite, or revenge, if that's the case or not, Dean is forever a rapist in the eyes of the world, pretty, fucked up thing to think about if Dean never laid a negative hand on the girl, isn't it?

Look, I hope Deen is 100% innocent and this is all one big mistake, but I'm also not completely naive as the GRAND JURY has indicted him.

That's certainly not to say a Grand Jury has never been wrong in the past, but these are very serious allegations, and a LOT of them. We're not talking about a single count of misdemeanor shop-lifting, here. Did you read the list of charges in the indictment?

One of these two people is a very horrible human being. I'm sure a clearer version of the truth will come-out in the weeks and or months to follow.