Blood Red Saints - Speedway

Stefan

• 4 weeks later...

I like this album, but gotta admit it's a bit of a letdown for me. I really loved the In Faith album and although the idea here is right, these songs just seem to often fall short. Not quite the hooks and melodies on this one that were found on the In Faith album.

Definitely not a write off, and 'Best of me' and 'Wrapped up in these arms' are easily on par with anything from In Faith, and are two marvellous songs. But the album needs a lot more than two ball-tearers to reel me in these days. Good album, but In Faith led me to hope for more.

I like this album, but gotta admit it's a bit of a letdown for me. I really loved the In Faith album and although the idea here is right, these songs just seem to often fall short. Not quite the hooks and melodies on this one that were found on the In Faith album.

Definitely not a write off, and 'Best of me' and 'Wrapped up in these arms' are easily on par with anything from In Faith, and are two marvellous songs. But the album needs a lot more than two ball-tearers to reel me in these days. Good album, but In Faith led me to hope for more.

I'd add feels a lot like love to that , excellent song , but otherwise agree

I do like 'Feels a lot like love' but that's basically the song that sums up this album for me. Sounds like it will be, and it should be a great tune... but just falls a bit short for me. Makes all the right sounds, but the hook's just not there. And I feel like it would have been if they'd recorded it for the In Faith album. ;)

I do like 'Feels a lot like love' but that's basically the song that sums up this album for me. Sounds like it will be, and it should be a great tune... but just falls a bit short for me. Makes all the right sounds, but the hook's just not there. And I feel like it would have been if they'd recorded it for the In Faith album. ;)

shutup and go back to your pop thread.

My favorite is probably better days, after that cheesy keyish intro, guitar ala Vinny Burns pave the way to a melodic paradise. I predict that in the future I'll spin this just for the killer phrasing before the chorus, while waiting for the solo...

Then best of me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...