Great Guitarists That Turned To Crap

I've been thinking about this and all the guitarists mentioned can play better than i can and i consider myself crap :)

My cat can play guitar better than me, but neither he nor I get paid to do it. ;)

And if the cat doesn't sing in English, why would you listen to it anyway?

I think that's half the issue. He's actually my teacher, and I don't speak meow. So it hasn't really worked out so well.

• 4 weeks later...

How much of their changes are down to changes in songwriting styles, rather than their playing ability?

There's not much in the way of guitar hero axe-wizardry in a lot of modern rock, maybe they are just adapting with the times instead of maintaining their flamboyant styles of yesteryear.

Marty Friedman. He was one of the best as the member of Megadeth. After he quit he's just boring as hell without his (once) remarkable and unique style. Sad.

Actually I prefer all the stuff he did before megadeath( vixen, hawaii, cacophony, deuce, solo stuff),but he choose to be a 2nd violin in a first row for the daily bread. His latest solo stuff, Inferno, is quite listenable, although I'm not so sucker for instrumental stuff as I used to be 20 years ago.