Mötley Crüe

simo

Motley fans need to check out this abomination!

It goes down hill from the moment vince squeals "are you feeling good!"

Sweet mother of christ!!! What was actually happening? Was his mic broken for that first half of the song? The sad thing is, I am not actually sure what's worse - when he wasn't singing and it was just awkward silence, or when he was actually "singing." Is Vince no longer familiar with words?

Haven't listened to this one yet, but I remember seeing a live version on youtube (recorded around 2005 I believe) where instead of ''Rat-tailed Jimmy is a second hand hood, he deals out in Hollywood'' Vince sang exactly this: Rat-tailed Jimmy..... second hand hood..... hollywooood''

Haven't listened to this one yet, but I remember seeing a live version on youtube (recorded around 2005 I believe) where instead of ''Rat-tailed Jimmy is a second hand hood, he deals out in Hollywood'' Vince sang exactly this: Rat-tailed Jimmy..... second hand hood..... hollywooood''

I think in this version he managed "Ra tl Ji sec hd hlywd."

Holy shit! that is terrible. I didn't realise how fat Vince had got either. That is shocking in itself but not singing 80% of the song is a joke and 15% of what he does sing is utterly terrible! On the plus side Mick sounds good!

Yeah... people we flabbergasted, laughing... and leaving. They were that horrible.

Considering other bands on the same stage, like def leppard were flawless.

Mic problems or not... not too sure. Many were just saying he missed his cue and it was a car crash from then on. I think this was the worst I have ever heard them. Didn't help having prerecorded backings which couldn't be re-cued.

• 4 months later...
  • My Little Pony

Last night in Dusseldorf was AMAZING, so glad I went!! Even saw Mick and Nikki at the airport today (separately that is, of course)

Who was opening?

• My Little Pony

Last night in Dusseldorf was AMAZING, so glad I went!! Even saw Mick and Nikki at the airport today (separately that is, of course)

Who was opening?
Alice Cooper

Nice. Then it definitely was worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I I were gonna see Motley Crue, first I'd have to invent a Way-Bac Machine and set it to 1983-84...

Were you a fan from Day 1, Freddy? I was.

My introduction to Motley was the US Festival in the summer of 1983. I watched that one on Showtime (I think it was Showtime who ran the entire event). Couple months later I saw them for the first time in person when they opened for Def Leppard in San Diego at Jack Murphy Stadium. 55,000 people. I was 15 years-old and it was AWESOME. I've been a fan ever since.

Certainly they've had their share of ups and downs over the years, and yes, Vince has never been even so-much-as a decent live singer, etc., etc., etc. But Motley Crue always puts on a kick-ass rock 'n' roll show, and their set-list never disappoints we old-schoolers. My musical existence simply wouldn't be the same had Motley never formed. They were an absolute staple in my cassette deck throughout the 1980's.

That said, I've seen them twice during this "Farewell Tour." Here in Portland and in Tacoma (Seattle) this past summer, and I'll see them twice more this month. December 15th. in Portland, OR once again, and New Year's Eve in Los Angeles.

One last hurrah...

I I were gonna see Motley Crue, first I'd have to invent a Way-Bac Machine and set it to 1983-84...

Were you a fan from Day 1, Freddy? I was.

My introduction to Motley was the US Festival in the summer of 1983. I watched that one on Showtime (I think it was Showtime who ran the entire event). Couple months later I saw them for the first time in person when they opened for Def Leppard in San Diego at Jack Murphy Stadium. 55,000 people. I was 15 years-old and it was AWESOME. I've been a fan ever since.

Certainly they've had their share of ups and downs over the years, and yes, Vince has never been even so-much-as a decent live singer, etc., etc., etc. But Motley Crue always puts on a kick-ass rock 'n' roll show, and their set-list never disappoints we old-schoolers. My musical existence simply wouldn't be the same had Motley never formed. They were an absolute staple in my cassette deck throughout the 1980's.

That said, I've seen them twice during this "Farewell Tour." Here in Portland and in Tacoma (Seattle) this past summer, and I'll see them twice more this month. December 15th. in Portland, OR once again, and New Year's Eve in Los Angeles.

One last hurrah...

Nicely put.

I too remember watching that US festival footage on Showtime back then and I have seen Motley 3 times live no recent shows however but the first time they opened for Ozzy on the Bark At The Moon tour. Motley was supporting Shout At The Devil and I recall Vince screwing up the lyrics even then "Wow at the devil". I also saw them on the Theatreof Pain tour and the Girls Girls Girls tour. And I'd agree even though they were far from perfect they sure were a lot of fun and the amount of "talent" in the audience was an added bonus for a long haired wannabe like me to get a straggler or two.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...