Kelly Keeling - Mind Radio

Stefan

Wow, I completely expected this to sound like shit. Baton Rouge's debut is a great disc, but after that, this dood's output has been pretty bad. I think the only song I really like after that album is a few tracks off their 2nd album, and the excellent 'Resurrection Day' off one of John Norum's early solo albums.

Anyway, I did not expect this to be any good at all but I absolutely love the sound of that first song; second and third ones sound pretty good too; and the fourth is pretty average. I'll have to see how this one goes - I wonder if there will be more like that first song on here...

Anyway, if you haven't heard 'Resurrection time' from John Norum's 'Another destination' check this monster out:

No love for this (first edition came with bonus cirrhosis)

Wow, I completely expected this to sound like shit. Baton Rouge's debut is a great disc, but after that, this dood's output has been pretty bad. I think the only song I really like after that album is a few tracks off their 2nd album, and the excellent 'Resurrection Day' off one of John Norum's early solo albums.

Anyway, I did not expect this to be any good at all but I absolutely love the sound of that first song; second and third ones sound pretty good too; and the fourth is pretty average. I'll have to see how this one goes - I wonder if there will be more like that first song on here...

Anyway, if you haven't heard 'Resurrection time' from John Norum's 'Another destination' check this monster out:

No love for this (first edition came with bonus cirrhosis)

That must have been the only good song on that album? I remember those Heaven & Earth albums being terrible. Like Red Zone Rider. ;)

Anyway, 'Isolated Man' sounds very nice to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone heard this album, i'm liking it very much , sunshine over me and love will tear us apart are probably my faves currently, but its a solid album all the way through, definitely think the 75% percent score is a tad harsh on melodicrock.com, especially as degreed was given 100, then again this is more in line with my tastes than the degreed album which is admittedly a good album too

I'm about to hear it tonight or tomorrow, let me drop an opinion later, I was suggesting a 75% as early prediction based on samples earlier, let's see if I nail it right this time

Early thought on this :

01. This Love Our Paradise - 7.75
02. Isolated Man - 7.75
03. Sunshine Over Me - 7.75
04. Still Need You in My Arms - 8.25
05. Written in Fire (Baton Rouge) - 7
06. Take Me to the Limit - 8.5
07. Love Will Tear Us Apart - 7.5
08. No Man's Land - 7.75
09. Frozen in Time (Robert Sall) - 8.25
10. Monkey House (Baton Rouge) - 7.25
11. Ride Out the Storm (Robert Sall) - 8.5
12. Who Do You Run To (Baton Rouge) - 7.5

prods - 9
skill - 8.5
replay - 7.25

total = 11850 / 15 = 79%

so a bit better than what I expected but not far off. Probably without Robert Sall's stronger tracks, this might revolve around that exact 75% mark

• 2 weeks later...

I'm lovin' it! 10 comprehensive listenings so far(Thank Gawd, it's Holiday!) and I'm enjoying lovely orchestrations, great production and I can get the positive vibe from the recordings (ok, I know this is kinda speculative/intuitive) etc.

• 1 month later...