Phantom 5 (Lessman/Voss/Boebe/Kruse/Buchholz) - s/t

Stefan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Bonfire... but very good Bonfire. I like it.

What Geoff said

good but too safe I guess, expect more from these guys

I don't get the favoritism here, It's actually like a 3rd-4th rate scorpions ballad. Cacumen, pre Bonfire, had tons of better stuff than this.

No, no no... no, no. Cacumen were awful. For me, this new tune is better than basically any Scorpions ballad (ecause their ballads suck), but it's about on par with 'Fuel To The Flames'-era Bonfire ballads... which are much better than anything that followed after. Definitely not on par with 80's Bonfire, but a cool tune.

I don't get the favoritism here, It's actually like a 3rd-4th rate scorpions ballad. Cacumen, pre Bonfire, had tons of better stuff than this.

No, no no... no, no. Cacumen were awful. For me, this new tune is better than basically any Scorpions ballad (ecause their ballads suck), but it's about on par with 'Fuel To The Flames'-era Bonfire ballads... which are much better than anything that followed after. Definitely not on par with 80's Bonfire, but a cool tune.

I guess the test is if you bought this album would you skip this song??

For me, yes I probably would - heard it once and that is enough to be honest.

I definitely would not skip it.

I definitely would not skip it.

Won't skip it. Is it an amazing ballad? NO, but a good song anyway.

I concur with the scorpions observation. Easily. But, good Lord, Live after Love wipes the floor with almost every ballad that was ever composed, goddammit. And thus I don't agree with widening the goalposts in order to fit the new song in the same level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure he's a lovely guy, but that bass player is one hell of an awkward presence. :lol: But yeah, good song.

• My Little Pony

I'm sure he's a lovely guy, but that bass player is one hell of an awkward presence. :lol: But yeah, good song.

Haha. They all seemed a bit awkward.

Someday : 7.5 - pretty decent rocker

Wont Come Back : 4.0 - terrible.

Also on the subject of singers - he sounds pretty bad in comparison to his glory days.

Someday : 7.5 - pretty decent rocker

Wont Come Back : 4.0 - terrible.

Also on the subject of singers - he sounds pretty bad in comparison to his glory days.

Agree, but still sounds decent enough for studio.

I like it a lot! What Bonfire should sound like.