2015...... the year of garbage?

I really dont plonk down my cash for so many albums just for the sake of it to be honest, I prefer to keep myself only to the "essential" bands and maybe if I hear a new band that catches my ear or I see supporting another band at gigs, so so far I have been more than happy with pretty much everything I have bought.

Yeah some may not have been as good as the last release by the same bands, but I also dont seem to be as harsh on albums as some here (I certainly refuse to give ratings of any kind, I either like an album or hate an album).

I think the quantity over quality thing has two ways of being looked at. For me, I think the more albums you buy, the less chance an album has to truly get a chance to be fairly judged. Some albums are instant, others are not, and if you are buying a lot of albums, you probably are not gonna give those "growers" the chance they may deserve. I know for me when I used to buy heavier I missed out on a lot of albums because they would get one spin and only the ones that hooked me on first listen would get repeated plays. Then years later in a dry period I might try those albums again that never got a second spin and suddenly realise they were sometimes better albums than the instant ones.

I am kinda glad that finiancially I can no longer afford to throw money at CDs as it gives every album a fairer chance.

So far this year I have probably loved nearly every album I have bought, including:

Jettblack

Santa Cruz

Knock Out Kaine

Halestorm

Sweet & Lynch

Europe

Dan Reed

Thunder

And thats probably all I have bought this years releases I think.

I really dont plonk down my cash for so many albums just for the sake of it to be honest, I prefer to keep myself only to the "essential" bands and maybe if I hear a new band that catches my ear or I see supporting another band at gigs, so so far I have been more than happy with pretty much everything I have bought.

Yeah some may not have been as good as the last release by the same bands, but I also dont seem to be as harsh on albums as some here (I certainly refuse to give ratings of any kind, I either like an album or hate an album).

I think the quantity over quality thing has two ways of being looked at. For me, I think the more albums you buy, the less chance an album has to truly get a chance to be fairly judged. Some albums are instant, others are not, and if you are buying a lot of albums, you probably are not gonna give those "growers" the chance they may deserve. I know for me when I used to buy heavier I missed out on a lot of albums because they would get one spin and only the ones that hooked me on first listen would get repeated plays. Then years later in a dry period I might try those albums again that never got a second spin and suddenly realise they were sometimes better albums than the instant ones.

I am kinda glad that finiancially I can no longer afford to throw money at CDs as it gives every album a fairer chance.

So far this year I have probably loved nearly every album I have bought, including:

Jettblack

Santa Cruz

Knock Out Kaine

Halestorm

Sweet & Lynch

Europe

Dan Reed

Thunder

And thats probably all I have bought this years releases I think.

Three of those I'm not even going to try based on what most people have said - Europe, Jettblack and Halestorm. For me this year has had a few goodies but even some of those (Rev Saints and Santa Cruz) where overhyped. I feel the best of 2015 is yet to come.