SKID ROW ditches JOHNNY SOLINGER replaces him with TONY HARNELL!

DrumRman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But who cares anymore??

Thing is, people do. Probably not many at all, but people do. I don't think they still have a decent album in them, but I would still like to hear a Skid Row album with Bach, regardless of what it sounds like. Bach's solo stuff is - let's be honest - basically crap, and so is Skid Row's since the first album with Solinger. So there's no reason to think that anything they do from here on in won't suck too, but hey, their legacy's already been ruined so it'd be interesting to hear an album with the original line-up... and that means you too, Affuso. What on earth happened to him? Maybe his absence is the reason they all suck now. :lol:

But who cares anymore??

Thing is, people do. Probably not many at all, but people do. I don't think they still have a decent album in them, but I would still like to hear a Skid Row album with Bach, regardless of what it sounds like. Bach's solo stuff is - let's be honest - basically crap, and so is Skid Row's since the first album with Solinger. So there's no reason to think that anything they do from here on in won't suck too, but hey, their legacy's already been ruined so it'd be interesting to hear an album with the original line-up... and that means you too, Affuso. What on earth happened to him? Maybe his absence is the reason they all suck now. :lol:

The reason of the unresolved problem with Bach is probably because Skid Row is originally Bolan and Sabo's band and Bach is a late addition replacing the original singer but with Bach's attitude and his good looking, everybody's praising and remembering Skid Row because of Bach and not Sabo/Bolan haha probably only added fuel to the flame after so many years

Affuso is a great drummer but he's also only like a session player, added on the last minute to complete their debut recording I guess. Not sure what happened to him but I believe he's a respectable drummer and won couple of some drumming shit awards back in the days ?

Technically, Harnell is capable of reaching the good old high notes of Bach, but I see him more of a 'melodic rock' guy and not the sleazy and rebellious type like Bach, I just don't see him able to bring out the feel on songs like 'Makin A Mess', 'Piece of Me', or even 'Youth Gone Wild'. Probably they should just snatch Simon Cruz since he's a free-agent now ? :D

Regardless of how Bach and Affuso entered the band, that's irrelevant by the time the debut is on the shelves, and certainly when 'Slave to the grind' comes around, and then they were still together as a band for many years beyond that. Every band in the world comes from somewhere, and all that really matters is what happens after they come together.

I'm not sure about your theory, believing that everyone only remembers Bach when they think of Skid Row and that's why Bolan and Snake are bitter. Fact is, it's still the songs they wrote that people remember most of all.

I just feel it has to be something really intense for Bolan to be that against a reunion.

I'm at least going to give it a spin but it won't be Skid Row in my mind. I actually really like the first two Solinger released albums but the two EP's weren't as strong.

Regardless of how Bach and Affuso entered the band, that's irrelevant by the time the debut is on the shelves, and certainly when 'Slave to the grind' comes around, and then they were still together as a band for many years beyond that. Every band in the world comes from somewhere, and all that really matters is what happens after they come together.

I'm not sure about your theory, believing that everyone only remembers Bach when they think of Skid Row and that's why Bolan and Snake are bitter. Fact is, it's still the songs they wrote that people remember most of all.

I just feel it has to be something really intense for Bolan to be that against a reunion.

From what I've read over the years, practically everyone in the industry thinks Sebastian is a dick.

I don't know the guy, so what do I know, but everyone knows, that a person with a huge ego, can be a bit hard to get along with.

Since I also think that anything the guys have done with Solinger sucks, I'm very pleased to hear they hired Harnell, things can really only turn out better this way, and he's such a good singer. Great news :-)

I'm at least going to give it a spin but it won't be Skid Row in my mind. I actually really like the first two Solinger released albums but the two EP's weren't as strong.

And I'm the opposite. I thought they turned the corner a bit after the terrible RPM disc.

At least they were "trying" to be the more aggressive and it had a STTG type feel the songs just weren't there but a few were way better than anything on RPM.

And I'm the opposite. I thought they turned the corner a bit after the terrible RPM disc.

At least they were "trying" to be the more aggressive and it had a STTG type feel the songs just weren't there but a few were way better than anything on RPM.

Yeah, 'RPM' was the low point of their career so far. I don't like the EPs, but they're definitely a lot better than 'RPM.' It's a shame, because 'Thickskin' was a admirable return to the scene but to be honest, I just think Bolan's punk influence crept into the band's sound waaay to much.

From what I've read over the years, practically everyone in the industry thinks Sebastian is a dick.

I don't know the guy, so what do I know, but everyone knows, that a person with a huge ego, can be a bit hard to get along with.

Since I also think that anything the guys have done with Solinger sucks, I'm very pleased to hear they hired Harnell, things can really only turn out better this way, and he's such a good singer. Great news :-)

Well going on the way they have handled this, I am starting to think that all the accusations over the years that its all Bachs fault he was kicked out due to his attitude are only part of the dickishness involved. In fact I would say that the other members of the bands are as big a bunch of dicks as Bach.

Firstly because they have gone out of their way to tell their story and how Solinger is a liar after saying that they were all still friends etc.

Also, the fact they did not even say it to his face and replaced him way before they actually fired him. If they were not dicks they would have firstly spoke to him like a man, face to face, not over the phone. And secondly would have waited until AFTER they fired him before looking for a new singer.

This whole episode stinks of dickish behaviour.

None of this detracts from whether Bach is or isnt a dick, its more a case of he may not have been the only guilty party.

Solinger so far is the only one coming out of this with any shred of dignity.

Well going on the way they have handled this, I am starting to think that all the accusations over the years that its all Bachs fault he was kicked out due to his attitude are only part of the dickishness involved. In fact I would say that the other members of the bands are as big a bunch of dicks as Bach.

Firstly because they have gone out of their way to tell their story and how Solinger is a liar after saying that they were all still friends etc.

Also, the fact they did not even say it to his face and replaced him way before they actually fired him. If they were not dicks they would have firstly spoke to him like a man, face to face, not over the phone. And secondly would have waited until AFTER they fired him before looking for a new singer.

This whole episode stinks of dickish behaviour.

None of this detracts from whether Bach is or isnt a dick, its more a case of he may not have been the only guilty party.

Solinger so far is the only one coming out of this with any shred of dignity.

Great points and I agree completely.

Yeah, Skid Row with Solinger was not great, but I actually feel for the guy and definitely see the rest of the band as the c*nts in this scenario. Sounds like it may have been a blessing for Solinger to part with them anyway.

Does anybody have the Solinger demos? The Metal madman played some on his show Wednesday, and they kicked some ass.

Would love to hear the rest of them. I thought I had a CDR of them at one time but damn if I can find it in the archives.

The business reason of this is because I think Bolan and Sabo keep following the social media, only to see probably more than 80% criticize Solinger (which I think he's quite okay) and wants Bach back, and the sales of the last two EP were pretty low, so they need some change to boost this up. Firing Solinger and replacing Harnell opens up opportunity for them to re-negotiate with Bach to come back again. Both Skid Row and Harnell know that this is a temporary line-up and probably agree that any time they could just part ways, if there's a slight chance that Bach will come back :D

Look what happened to ASIA, what they did to Payne after all those years for the sake of classic line up reunion

Bach, on the other hand, also been complaining a lot about a very low sales of his last two solo albums. He said, why on earth is he has more than 1 million fans on Facebook and the record sales won't even reach 10% of that :D

So, this scenario of a classic Skid Row reunion might happen, only not that soon I guess

• My Little Pony

Bach, on the other hand, also been complaining a lot about a very low sales of his last two solo albums. He said, why on earth is he has more than 1 million fans on Facebook and the record sales won't even reach 10% of that

I thought those were Michael Sweet's words.

The business reason of this is because I think Bolan and Sabo keep following the social media, only to see probably more than 80% criticize Solinger (which I think he's quite okay) and wants Bach back, and the sales of the last two EP were pretty low, so they need some change to boost this up. Firing Solinger and replacing Harnell opens up opportunity for them to re-negotiate with Bach to come back again. Both Skid Row and Harnell know that this is a temporary line-up and probably agree that any time they could just part ways, if there's a slight chance that Bach will come back :D

I dont think this is the case at all as Bach has been very vocal about being willing to reunite with the band for a few years now, so the block on it is most certainly coming from the band (or if believed, one specific member of the band). Hiring Harnell will do nothing to encourage or discourage Bach. As I said above, they were even offered money by an outside party to reunite with Bach and they refused but Bach was up for it.

If that's the case then probably behind Bach, both Bolan and Sabo actually willing to reunite for the money but not willing to admit to the press that they're willing to do that :D

Well let's just see if Harnell will be a permanent member but I really doubt it and I even not sure they're gonna make an album with Harnell :D

Does anybody have the Solinger demos? The Metal madman played some on his show Wednesday, and they kicked some ass.

Would love to hear the rest of them. I thought I had a CDR of them at one time but damn if I can find it in the archives.

I have to do some digging, bit I think I have a 5 or 6 song EP (MP3's) of his somewhere, possibly 2 of them...

I have to do some digging, bit I think I have a 5 or 6 song EP (MP3's) of his somewhere, possibly 2 of them...

That would be awesome!! Much appreciated!! :banger:

• My Little Pony

Well, here's Mr. Harnell's first attempt at classic Skid Row.

http://www.skidrow.com/media/music/SkidRow_18_and_Life.mp3

Sounds like a tribute act to be honest.

I'd like to hear some new originals before I can comment any further.

• My Little Pony

Sounds like a tribute act to be honest.

I'd like to hear some new originals before I can comment any further.

Yeah, I'm definitely not sold. I thought I was the only one, because all the pole jockeys on the FaceTubes are loving it.

I think the tribute band comparison is accurate. Technically, the rendition sounds accurate and decent, but it's missing something... it's as if Harnell is just going through the motions... it lacks emotion.

Sounds okay but technically I have no doubt in Harnell so probably this ain't gonna be bad at all. I'm surprised Harnell also has a raspy touch to his vocal, I thought he's only about high pitch :)

Sounds okay but technically I have no doubt in Harnell so probably this ain't gonna be bad at all. I'm surprised Harnell also has a raspy touch to his vocal, I thought he's only about high pitch :)

I mean he does an admirable job. But it lacks soul. Missing something. Emotion like Dan said.