6. Glorious
7. Supernatural Disguise
8. Shooting Star
9. Lies
10. Put Out The Flames
11. Free Wind Desperado
12. Sweet Obsession (bonus)
13. American Nights (bonus)
14. With A Little Help From My Friends (bonus)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v56ncU2J7XU

I've never been a huge fan of Bonfire despite some brilliant songs. Too patchy overall. But I have to say when I compare that song to everything else I've been hearing on these forums lately it stacks up ok if not better than a lot of stuff. Man is there some pure shit coming out lately. I wouldn't put this song in that pile, IMO.

I've never been a huge fan of Bonfire despite some brilliant songs. Too patchy overall. But I have to say when I compare that song to everything else I've been hearing on these forums lately it stacks up ok if not better than a lot of stuff. Man is there some pure shit coming out lately. I wouldn't put this song in that pile, IMO.

Can't agree with the Bonfire patchy comment but I will say, releases today are mostly ridiculous and it's why I just play the old stuff. Can't miss there and I have a ton to choose from ;)

Can't agree with the Bonfire patchy comment but I will say, releases today are mostly ridiculous and it's why I just play the old stuff. Can't miss there and I have a ton to choose from ;)

I think everything from the late 90's onwards has been patchy. Not terrible by any means, and some excellent songs among them, but plenty of dud songs in there. Still a band I will always check out but for me, the first two albums are all I really need from this mob.

I think everything from the late 90's onwards has been patchy. Not terrible by any means, and some excellent songs among them, but plenty of dud songs in there. Still a band I will always check out but for me, the first two albums are all I really need from this mob.

I assume you mean albums two and three? 'Don't touch the light' is hardly a world beater. ;)

I assume you mean albums two and three? 'Don't touch the light' is hardly a world beater. ;)

Yeah, you know what I mean ? Fire Works and Point Blank. Knock Out isn't bad either.

• 1 month later...

Well, whaddya know? This one actually isn't half bad. I'd probably go as far as to say it's the best album with the Bonfire name on the front cover that I've heard in a long time. Musically, they sound much better than probably as far back as 1991, in all seriousness. They sound good. At times, more like fellow German band Wicked Sensation, but very good.

And it must be said; as much as Lessman needs to be in this band for it to be a genuine version of Bonfire, his lyrics had gone to hell for long over a decade now, and lyrically, this is the best Bonfire album since 1991 too. Which is not to say it's great - it is very basic - but it's just better than what I've come to expect from Bonfire.

Anyway, it still doesn't sound anything like Bonfire, but it's a good solid album and it must be said, the new versions of 'Sweet Obsession' and 'American Nights' are both excellent. Only really poor decision on this album is the horrid cover of the horrid 'With a little help from my friends' at the end of it all.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what the bitch of this is...musically they finally sound like Bonfire again. Having said that after barely making it through the album, the vocals are absolutely terrible. I mean fucking terrible...

Sad thing is this would have been potentially a great comeback album if they had Claus singing.

:lol: Not a David Reece fan, then? I'd definitely have preferred Lessman on these songs, but Reece just sounds like, well, Reece. He's always the same. Love him or hate him. ;)

:lol: Not a David Reece fan, then? I'd definitely have preferred Lessman on these songs, but Reece just sounds like, well, Reece. He's always the same. Love him or hate him. ;)

No, not at all. I semi-liked the first BC cd back in '92 but that's about it. Listen to track three....the music, drums, everything is so awesome...and then he sings. I swear I am not making this up but this is as bad as I have ever heard.

Haha. Yeah mate, I have to admit I'm not the greatest fan of his voice either. I guess it's just one of those voices I've known for that long that I've just kind of accepted that it is what it is and that's just how it is. :lol: And by christ I do love the first BC album...

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few good tracks on this, but also some real average stuff. Bit of a mixed bag.

Not sure I'll pick this up.............

I do love the song 'Remember' though.......that is a killer track.

There are a few good tracks on this, but also some real average stuff. Bit of a mixed bag.

Not sure I'll pick this up.............

I do love the song 'Remember' though.......that is a killer track.

I agree Glen. "Remember" is a great song, and then it drops big time for me in quality.

'Can't break away' would be my fave of the bunch (aside from the two very good remakes).