Whitesnake - The Purple Album

PeterS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he could do something with Paul Stanley. Two humble rock voices in great shape.

• 2 weeks later...

I grabbed this CD on a whim when I was at Wal-Mart over the weekend. Mind you, I have never been more than a casual Whitesnake fan and you might be able to fill a thimble with my Deep Purple knowledge (out of D.P.'s approximately 27,000 album catalog I own two best-of compilations, one Extended Versions disc and the Made In Japan live album, aaaand ... that's it!)... but this project seemed like an interesting idea and a quick way to introduce myself to some Purple stuff that I wasn't familiar with. The only songs I knew going in were "Burn," "Mistreated" and "Stormbringer."

Anywhoo, I'm only on my third or fourth spin of The Purple Album now but I'm digging it. I was a little worried at first cuz the version of "Burn" that opens the album sounds a little "off" and absolutely pales in comparison to the original (of course) but from then on I have had no complaints.

One of my FB friends who's a massive Deep Purple fanboy has accused me of committing "blasphemy" for buying this CD though. :rofl2:

Haha, good luck to him and I don't disagree with his words. People are fucked, so why not just call it how it is.

Anyway, speaking of haters, I hated this. Couldn't even make it though maybe 3 or 4 songs before I had to turn it off. There's a very good reason why I never bothered with Deep Purple. I don't mind the concept or care about the re-recording thing... I just fucking hate these songs - original or re-recorded. Not for me at all.

Mind you, I have never been more than a casual Whitesnake fan

Welp, I may never become a hardcore Snake fan, but The Purple Album impressed me enough to pick up a used copy of Good To Be Bad yesterday ... so my Whitesnake collection has doubled! :rofl2:

• My Little Pony

Mind you, I have never been more than a casual Whitesnake fan

Welp, I may never become a hardcore Snake fan, but The Purple Album impressed me enough to pick up a used copy of Good To Be Bad yesterday ... so my Whitesnake collection has doubled! :rofl2:

Shit. Slow down there, Keef.

Shit. Slow down there, Keef.

I'm done. I've burned thru all of my birthday money. Back to CD-buying drought conditions. :banana:

Been digging the hell out of this album so I wrote me a review:

12462991_f520.jpg

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Whitesnake-THE-PURPLE-ALBUM-2015-Review