Whitesnake - The Purple Album

PeterS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never 100% sure of the definition of narcissist but surely a tribute album to a band you were in is a good example of it?

Always like a bit of snake though so looking forward to seeing what he's done this time.

I think it's more of a re recording of old songs just like some bands have done recently (Firehouse, Scorpions, etc)

Hmm.. I'll reserve judgement. All those Purple tracks are pretty much classics, so I personally would leave well alone, It's not as if Coverdale is going to better his performances for a start

updated production/ fuller sound might me good

You all better listen to the official video that is out. The song is just killer. Unbelievable...

It looks like the video is straight out of the 80's and Coverdale looks great. The song is a heavy ass riff rocker. I am very much looking forward to this one!

I love Coverdale's voice, and he's had a hand in some brilliant albums over the years ... but why, for the love of Gawd, does he think this is a good idea?

I already own 'Burn' and 'Stormbringer', so there's nothing here to remotely interest me ... the last thing I want to listen to is the sound of a man who appears to be all out of ideas and has settled for pissing all over his legacy ...

I love Lord Coverdale. For all his self absorbed egotistical rants over the years he remains one of the most important musicians in my life. But it's basically an album of covers.We spend plenty of time chastising other bands for producing covers albums. FFS it's even an album of covers of songs he sang on!

I'm excited as it's Coverdale but I'd really like more than covers from him.

For me better musicians, better sound, much heavier.

And I am not a fan of the original because I didn't grow up on it.

Same with the song "Burn". Every band that has covered it is better than the original imo.

• My Little Pony

Better musicians?

It doesn't get much better than this!

It doesn't even get a little better than this.

The minute you're doing tribute or covers, a clear sign that creativity is running out of their camp :D

Gonna pass this one but harmless to download some samples later

I have to disagree. Sometimes bands do these projects as much for themselves as they do for the fans. It's not to say they haven't got a good original album left in them, maybe this means a lot to DC. Much like the upcoming LA Guns blues thingy album...I despise the idea and so do a lot of fans but it has a lot of meaning for the band.

And as for this WS Purple album, as stated by Mullethead, if that video is anything to go by, these will be some great covers.

Better musicians?

It doesn't get much better than this!

Yes, not interested in that line up. Not my cup of tea.

Same with the song "Burn". Every band that has covered it is better than the original imo.

Agreed! WS play Burn better than Deep Purple. No doubt about that IMO.

Mr. Big, Demon Drive...all better.