Thunder - Wonder Days

PeterS

Although I think their debut is their best album, I still don't think much of it. In fact, I rated it a 64%. The rest are just dreadful, and to be honest, I didn't make it through more than 3 songs on this one.

Thunder were in that pack of awful British bands to come out of the late 80's - Quireboys, Rock City Angels, Tattooed Love Boys, Little Angels etc. Just couldn't get into that sort of stuff at all. Like the Junkyard, Little Caesar, Salty Dog movement in the US. Just hate all that stuff.

We probably shouldn't swap disks:-)

Rock City Angels were American though.

Oh really? Jeez they had that British sound down to a T.

And yeah mate, I agree that I don't think we'll be swapping discs anytime soon. ;) Your lists in the best of 19__ threads all seemed to be completely devoid of any albums I actually liked from those years! :lol: I don't think you had one single Scandi/European (outside of England) band in there, which is more or less where most my interests from that era lies. You creep. ;)

The new album is really good. Loving especially 'The Thing I Want' which fairly romps along and 'When The Music Played', both top top tunes. Danny Bowes still sounds awesome.

Their albums might be patchy, but they always turn in a killer live show :)

When I hear comments like "Thunder are awful" or "Trading on one good album", I realise that some people truly need their ears washed out.
Thunder have been, and always will be a fantastic band.

This album goes back more to their classic sound, sitting somewhere between Judgement day and Behind closed doors, rather than their more (for want of a better description) pop rock sound of more recent releases. Less Faces, more Zep and Bad Company.

When I hear comments like "Thunder are awful" or "Trading on one good album", I realise that some people truly need their ears washed out.

Thunder have been, and always will be a fantastic band.

This album goes back more to their classic sound, sitting somewhere between Judgement day and Behind closed doors, rather than their more (for want of a better description) pop rock sound of more recent releases. Less Faces, more Zep and Bad Company.

The Truth!!! :)