2015 Ratings (so far)

AlphaMale

Geoffman... I am shocked that Art Nation didn't make it into your top 30 thus far. While I'm not sure it will make it into my top 5 for the year, I'm pretty sure it's in the top 10.

Oh, and as for the Cutethesane/Glen discussion above...

Cute...... he thinks your cute!!! :rofl2:

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geoffman... I am shocked that Art Nation didn't make it into your top 30 thus far. While I'm not sure it will make it into my top 5 for the year, I'm pretty sure it's in the top 10.

Oh, and as for the Cutethesane/Glen discussion above...

Cute...... he thinks your cute!!! :rofl2:

:aw::wub:

Just randomly from this year, I have rated Care Of Night's album 90% and Mark Slaughter's 'Reflections' in a Rear View Mirror' 70%.

Stop stealing my ratings, buddy. :tumbsup:

Yeah on your comment. I wouldn't buy that M. Slaughter, but it wasn't uploaded in Spotify and I found it for $4 from German Ebay, so it was a blind buy, not justified apparently( I see it landing in 68-70% range of values).

Thanks to the rating system I adopted, I'm able to distinguish clearly the records I'm going to buy( those above 80%), even if occasionally I can't resist to my compulsive cd buying.

I also decided to to rate my stuff for accuracy, consistency and validity in order to avoid over-generalizations and oversimplifications (I wrote many in the past, I read a lot of them in various forums and social media and I just can't stand their naivety and vagueness anymore), as a way to keep in with the abundance of new releases I'm listening to (I've already rated 118 new ones according to my excel buddy- I can't remember any other similar year) and, finally, to be able to make my ultimate playlist of my favorite 10 000 songs ( I have around 7 500 unique releases in my collection, 75 000 songs approximately, I don't count terabytes of stuff in the external disks ).

Btw, I came with that number influenced mainly by a myth about the 10 000 hours of practice it allegedly takes to master an art etc.

Yep, I agree with all that. I will not buy a CD until the US/AUD dollar is reasonable again, but thanks to my ratings I will know exactly which ones to buy when and if I ever do again (also only above 80%).

I also look back at comments I've made in the past about albums with some good songs where I say "that is such a good album" when in actual fact, a lot of the time it's not true. A lot of them are just good albums with a few really excellent songs on them. It's good to sort out the real gems from the solid ones.

And yeah, I also want to one day have the ultimate awesome song playlist, even if that is a long, long, long way away... but I'm on the way to making it a possibility.

I will not buy a CD until the US/AUD dollar is reasonable again

I travel to China and other countries a couple of time a year importing goods. Most currencies are in line with the USD so when AUD/USD is bad, so it pretty much everything else.

Paying 20 to 30% more than I was a few years ago sucks. Hopefully it gets closer to parity again in the near future...

Yeah, paying 20-30% may suck to some, but for me it's just not even an option. Add to that the significantly increased shipping rates basically worldwide in recent times, and it's probably closer to 40-50% more you're paying for a CD these days.

Without kids, it would be too much for me to swallow, but with kids it is not even something I'd waste time considering anymore.

• My Little Pony

That Art Nation disc is stuck in my CD player.

Yup. Getting lots of play here as well. Major surprise.

Only the ballad sucks. Everything else is gold.

My top 3 (not in order)

Eclipse

Art Nation

Ammunition

That Art Nation disc is stuck in my CD player.

Yup. Getting lots of play here as well. Major surprise.

Only the ballad sucks. Everything else is gold.

It's a grower in the true sense of a grower. Some albums are just shit but people play them enough times into thinking they're actually okay. But to me a real grower is an album that is already very good, and just keeps getting better and better with every spin. This is that kind of album. It's a nice one.

You've all sold me on the Art Nation disc,they look like a boy band thus I hadn't wanted to check the disc out,went and purchased it today,very good indeed,even the track Number One which soooo rips Giant-Lay It On The Line :)

• My Little Pony

Ammunition is so 2014 ;-)

Yup. I'm not including it in my 2015 list.

I'm also probably not making a list.