2015 Ratings (so far)

AlphaMale

Listening to Care of Night and Eclipse back to back tonight and I can't understand for the life of me why the latter is the one on everyone's lips when the former is so distinctly and massively better...?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Listening to Care of Night and Eclipse back to back tonight and I can't understand for the life of me why the latter is the one on everyone's lips when the former is so distinctly and massively better...?

Fuck! I hate when I agree with this bastard. Thank God it's such a rare occurrence.

They're quite different albums. It depends what mood you are in.... Kinda like getting a bj - wet or toothy? fast or slow? They're all,umm both very good!

Um, NO! Lol

Yeah, it's a different league, with one being AOR and one bordering heavy metal, and of course Eclipse is better in every way, musicianship, songs, accent, hooks, etc.

I think Care of Night should compete with Work of Art, and for sure Work of Art wins every time :D

Except he doesn't at all. I know the Eclipse CD is "technically" "more metal" and all that bullshit, but musically and sonically, the Care Of Night album is probably the heavier of the two. I know the song style is generally more "AOR" on the Care of Night CD, and there's keys, but by christ it's got some bollocks for an "AOR" CD. Killer heavy production. And it's just soooo much more consistent.

There is some great stuff on the Eclipse CD - I absolutely LOVE that 'Love Bites' song, but there's also a handful of fillers, and none on the Care of Night disc. Yeah, for me it is quite a lot better.

Just looking at the release schedule for the second half of 2015 and one word springs to mind...............

BLEAK.

Might start putting my best of list together now ;-)

Seriously though I do hope there are a few surprises along the way, otherwise its gonna be a looooong 6 months. Iron Maiden might be the highlight lol!!!

Still got hopes up for new Safetysuit, Dan Reed Network.

So far this year has been better than last IMO.

Still some good stuff to come and there are always surprise releases that grab. Who'd have thought Care of Night is arguably album of the year so far.

I wouldnt ;-)

Although it is good....

Still some good stuff to come and there are always surprise releases that grab. Who'd have thought Care of Night is arguably album of the year so far.

I wouldnt ;-)

Although it is good....

I definitely wouldn't have thought Care Of Night would be the album of the year so far, but I definitely do think it is.

I wouldnt ;-)

Although it is good....

I definitely wouldn't have thought Care Of Night would be the album of the year so far, but I definitely do think it is.

Im seeing them at Rockingham in October - I do hope that they are not shite live.

FWIW, we're very nearly at the half-year point and so far I think last year was a lot stronger than this year. Last year included a lot of fantastic extreme metal albums, which I recognise that most people here don't like, but I did have a few rock albums in my 2014 top 30. (Valonkantajat, Shear, Angels Or Kings, Sonic Station, plus Xandria and Evergrey who are in HH territory). Very few albums up to that standard so far this year.

A or Ks and Sonic Station lol....well theres 2 weak arsed albums....and that Evergrey was a bunch of re-hashed riffs and melodies from their past efforts.

To each their own mate....

A or Ks and Sonic Station lol....well theres 2 weak arsed albums....and that Evergrey was a bunch of re-hashed riffs and melodies from their past efforts.

Well, quite. I thought Evergrey's was their best yet and Angels Or Kings was massively better than In Faith...

Well, quite. I thought Evergrey's was their best yet and Angels Or Kings was massively better than In Faith...

Evergrey will never top Monday Morning...everything since has just rehashed those awesome tunes.

Evergrey will never top Monday Morning...everything since has just rehashed those awesome tunes.

... in your opinion.

• 1 month later...