2015 Ratings (so far)

AlphaMale

I'm giving it a shot :)

It never really clicked with me back when it came out. I've never listened to these guys before....Think I tried a song or two and just sorta dismissed it.

Having spent some time with it tonight, it's intrigued me. The production seems immense and it seems like it'll be interesting to listen to. I was debating this or Eclipse and think there is more to sink my teeth into on Degreed. I don't really own much in their modern melodic rock style so might be a little variety for my library.

That DEGREED is awesome!!!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

What kind of music is it?

Kind of like to ask before I bother to test it out as often the band recommended here turn out to be syrupy AOR, which isn't my cup of tea...

They're not syrupy, at all. It's Modern Melodic Hard Rock.

Any updates guys?

I'm re-rating everything in my top 20-30 to make sure I get it right this year. My list will therefore be 100% correct. My top album of the year will infuriate everyone who sees my list. :lol:

Any updates guys?

I'm re-rating everything in my top 20-30 to make sure I get it right this year. My list will therefore be 100% correct. My top album of the year will infuriate everyone who sees my list. :lol:

Decided to go with Adele, eh? Courageous move. Not exactly my cup of tea, but...

Any updates guys?

No it wont...we'll just pity u.

Any updates guys?

Decided to go with Adele, eh? Courageous move. Not exactly my cup of tea, but...

One Direction, actually. But Adele is in my top 5.

Jokes aside, by christ I love that 'Perfect' song from One Direction. Genuinely need to get that on my 'Best of 2015' CD at the end of the year. I kind of thought it was a rip off of 'Style' by Taylor Swift, which I love too. But I just love both.

I went ahead and got both Degreed and Eclipse and just stopped trying to decide between the two. I listened to both and liked enough on each of them to just go ahead and buy them.

Not sure why I let those pass me by but I guess I was just busy with other stuff when they came out and didn't really give them much chance. The first few months of 2016 are looking bleak for releases to me so should have plenty of time to spend with these over the next month or two.

Both seem like they'll be pretty high quality releases and both seem to be pretty well reviewed.

That DEGREED is awesome!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Not managed to buy/listen to half as many albums this year (2015) for a variety of reasons that I won't bore you with but if anyone's interested here's how my year panned out.

I decided to go with a 'Dan style' report this year....slightly tweaked as I do not know what 'also ran' means ;-)

1. Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten
The guys have come of age - the last 2 albums were v good, but they really cracked it with album 3. Melodic bliss throughout which is some achievement over 14 songs

2. Eclipse - Armageddonise

One the earliest releases of the year stood the test of time. Erik does it again with an album full of driving melodic hard rock. One or 2 songs don't sit well but there are enough killers on here which sit among my favourite songs of the year

3. Art Nation - Revolution

A real surprise for me this one. Million times better than his last band and competes fairly with HEAT which is all the recommendation you need

4. Destine - Forevermore

It is a crying shame that these guys have called it a day. Almost perfect pop/rock throughout

5. Khymera - The Grand Design

Just a fantastic melodic sound on this disc - great songs, great choruses and some serious musicianship - this is melodic but also kicks some arse in places too.

Honourable mentions (in no order)

Toto - XIV (really enjoyable album with some diverse stuff...muddy production in places just lets it down a tad)

Halestorm - Into The Wild Life (this album got some bad press but I love it. Hale sounds awesome as ever and the material is diverse, intelligent and rocking)

Revolution Saints - s/t (great collaboration album....Frontiers project but some songs here are killer. Bit ballad heavy detracted slightly)

Tremonti - Cauterise (the guy goes from strength to strength. Hard rocking riffage assault but always maintains its sense of melody. Just missed my top 5. Includes my favourite song of the year : 'Sympathy')

Find Me - Dark Angel (good melodic release. Not as exciting as the debut and slightly cheesy feel in places detracted slightly)

Smash Into Pieces - Apocalypse DJ (great modern release. Better than Nickelback and with some great choruses/solos)

7th Heaven - Next (they never disappoint do they. Another set of classy, hooky songs)

Care of Night - Connected (really consistent release although not a fan at all of the closing ballad. Great live act too. Expect album 2 to set the world on fire....or at least the melodic rock genre)

Station - s/t (half great half good. Again expect album no 2 to be a killer)

Coldrain - Vena - this won't be for everyone, but this time around there is hardly any screaming. Oh and did I mention brilliant songs??! Just missed top 5

Night Flight Orchestra - Skyline Whispers - Not as good as the debut. There I said it. But, enough moments of greatness for an honourable mention. Still lovin what sound these guys are trying to achieve and really hoping to catch them live in 2016

Trixter - Human Era - best album ive heard from these guys. Just good honest melodic rock throughout with a few killer tracks at the end.

Solid releases (in no order)

WASP - Golgotha (loved this on first listen but my love has waned just a tad....solid effort but does sound a bit samey and 2 of the epic tracks are almost identical)

Def Leppard - s/t (4 absolute killer tracks prevent this from being a disappointment......not higher than 70% though)

Soto - s/t (I too miss his more melodic side, but still enjoyed quite a few tracks on this hard hitting release)

Stryper - Fallen (not as good as the previous album.....a few silly lyrics....but Strper are always solid as hell musically and this rocks in places)

Disappointments

Cats in Space (really wanted to like this but outside of one or 2 songs it was just not my style)

Europe (they continue down the grungy path.....not my thing)

Bonfire (just doesn't sound right with Reece and was mostly just average hard rock tracks)

House of Lords (another average release)

Ozone (Ousey with Slamer should have been awesome.....just average im afraid)

Nelson (almost demo like - unlistenable imo)

Iron Maiden (Zzzzzzz)

Hinder (RIP)

ISSA (nothing wrong with the songs at all, but wasted on a very average singer)

Probably missed quite a few but those were the albums I listened to throughout a very enjoyable musical 2015.

I just started typing mine up last night. I aim to post it but fear it will be incomplete. I completely missed that Coldrain album!!! Great band and I cannot wait to hear it. I'll still aim to post my list asap and maybe throw that edit in once I'd heard it. Must obtain immediately...

Anyway, cool list otherwise. Nothing I dramatically disagree with there aside from - it must be said - the Halestorm album. I just think it is basically complete rubbish. Shit production and songs - just real crap. :(

I just started typing mine up last night. I aim to post it but fear it will be incomplete. I completely missed that Coldrain album!!! Great band and I cannot wait to hear it. I'll still aim to post my list asap and maybe throw that edit in once I'd heard it. Must obtain immediately...

Yeah its good...probably their best yet. I think it will appeal to you.

On the subject of missing albums....I don't think 30 albums really covers it, so whatever you post will be a million miles more comprehensive than my modest list ;-)

Okay guys, here it is. For anyone who can be bothered, or if anyone cares, here's my in-depth look at 2015.

Top 30 albums at a glance;

30. Gus G - Brand New Revolution ; good solid hard rock disc with a bit to keep Lynam fans entertained until their next offering. Not amazing, but consistent.
29. Our Last Night - Younger Dreams ; very nice modern rock album. Again, nothing mind blowing but a very nice collection of songs.
28. Light You Up - All We've Ever Known ; I found this to be a good stayer of the year and stacked up to repeated listens. Again, it’s not amazing and the only criticism would be the British accent shining through a few times. But otherwise, I like the guy’s voice and there’s some good stuff like this gem on here;
27. We Are Harlot - We Are Harlot ; I only found out in the aftermath that this is the Asking Alexandria singer. No doubt there is some sheer brilliance on this one, along with a very high level of musicianship.
26 . Naked - End Game ; in this position for consistency rather than greatness. It’s a solid album with a great song in ‘Still in love.’
25 . Martina Edoff - Unity ; a good album and one of the more under-rated releases of the year. Kind of like HEAT b-sides with a female vocalist. The Martensson-written song is the highlight, but otherwise if you like HEAT you should find a lot to like about this one.
24 . Magnus Karlsson's Freefall - Kingdom Of Rock ; love the Hess song, and otherwise it’s another pretty consistent album, rather than truly great.
23 . Kelly Keeling - Mind Radio ; this one seemed good on paper and has a small bunch of strong songs. To me, it sounds a little “stale” at times, but there are is a handful of good, trusty melodic rock songs on here. Maybe just lacking a bit of heart and soul.
22 . 5 Seconds Of Summer - Sounds Good Feels Good ; bit of a disappointment to be honest, but still good enough to scrape into the top 30. Like any band that experiences a bit of success, they seem to abandon the formula that got them there (pop punk) and, well, do this. The first 4 songs are pretty awful real pop radio driven songs, and I was close to writing this off. But then the rest of the album is basically one ballad after another (for 18 songs in total!!), obviously trying to cash in on the success of ‘Amnesia.’ There is only one “rocker” on the entire rest of the album. I like ballads as long as they’re good, but this album does suffer from a bit of overkill. I really like ‘Jet black heart,’ ‘’Waste the night’ and ‘Vapor’ but by the end of the album there’s just too many ballads, one after another.
21 . 7th Heaven - Next ; their most well produced album so far and it’s good to hear… finally. Gets off to a great start, has some super catchy stuff along the way and a great closing ballad. There’s a couple of weak songs, but overall another very good album from these guys.
20 . Papa Roach - F.E.A.R. ; one of the early releases from the year. I admit I didn’t really pine to put this one on the stereo often, but every time it came about I appreciated it. It’s a good solid disc.
19 . C.O.P. - State Of Rock ; I still feel like this one’s missing a bit of heart and soul, and some really killer tunes, but it is extremely consistent and solid melodic rock.
18 . The Toi - Water Into Wine ; one of the newcomers of the year produce a nice, solid album. ‘I'm still crying’ is a gem. Good solid effort.
17 . Hit The Lights - Summer Bones ; a confusing one, this one. On one hand, it’s one of the disappointments of the year purely because of how good the last HTL album was, as well as my beloved recent Thief Club EP. This should and could have been superb, but instead it’s just very good. I actually do love this album, and it’d be in my top 5 most played albums of the year (easy to do as it clocks in at less than 30mins). Every listen provides a new appreciation for a hook or piece of musicianship not appreciated before. It’s a very good album and if you dismissed it without trying it out, you’re missing out. But I wish it was like the last HTL album…
16 . Blood Red Saints - Speedway ; good solid album, but definitely falls short of In Faith, imo. A small handful of really killer songs and a few pretty average ones.
15 . Spoken - Breathe Again ; as far as I can tell this is the most overlooked album of the year. If a nice blend of Saosin’s killer debut and Disciple’s ‘Scars Remain,’ mixed with Eden’s Curse sounds appealing to you, try this album out. No weak songs… I like it a lot.
14 . Revolution Saints - Revolution Saints ; some poor inspiro lyrics and weak ballads drag this down a bit, but it’s still a very good album and arguably contains my favourite song of the year.
13 . Eclipse - Armageddonize ; it is good. The hype and accolades for it are a bit over the top, but no doubting the guy is a wonderful presence in our genre and that this is a very good melodic hard rock album. A few fillers bring the score down, but it’s a good one.
12 . Stellar Revival - Love, Lust & Bad Company ; very nice stuff. Like so many of this style of band before them, the ballads are the highlights, and great highlights they are. ‘Saving grace,’ ‘Hungover you,’ ‘Cross your heart’ and the rocker ‘Edge of a dream’ all rank amongst my favourite songs of 2015. This one definitely out-Hinders Hinder in 2015.
11 . Station - Station ; if this was an 11 track album without ‘Bitter with the better,’ ‘More than enough,’ ‘No way out’ and ‘Shot of life,’ this would have rated much higher for me and probably been close to my top 5. No doubt there is some fantastic stuff on here and it’s a really classy debut. Truly a band to look out for and be excited about… they just need to learn how to weed out the fillers.
10 . Room Experience - Room Experience ; I really don’t like Readman’s voice on this one, but it is a surprisingly strong collection of mid-tempo melodic rock songs. I wish to jesus they’d got a more suitable vocalist for the project, but the songs are very good.
9 . Khymera - The Grand Design ; probably not actually one of Khymera’s best albums, but it’s a good strong release without any real negatives. Just good, solid stuff but probably missing an “x-factor” of sorts.
8 . Art Nation - Revolution ; killer debut, and as Glen points out… much better than the Diamond Dawn project. Borrowing heavily from HEAT, there is little to dislike about this. A couple of weaker tunes, but mostly pretty great. And for anyone who cares anymore, my favourite guitar solo of the year can be heard on ‘Don’t wait for salvation.’ Great vocals, musicianship and sound. Love it.
7 . Destine - Forevermore ; seamless display of how “pop punk” should sound. A great band and it is definitely very sad that they had to call it a day.
6 . Osukaru - Transition ; I question putting albums like this in my rankings because it does feature some re-recorded songs, but when it all sounds this good, who really cares? The new songs and old songs all sound great and the production / sound of the band is just delicious. I really enjoy this album.
5 . Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz ; along with Issa and Care of Night, this was my 3rd most played album of the year. Spun it intensely and it held up all the way. The trio of ‘Bye Bye Babylon,’ ‘We Are The Ones To Fall’ and ‘Wasted & Wounded’ is arguably the most formidable of the entire year. As I’ve stated previously, this is basically my ideal sound/style in terms of heaviness/modern-ness etc. Killer band.
4 . Find Me - Dark Angel ; a late comer which, to be honest, I did not really expect to see in my top 5, despite loving the debut and Blanc Faces. So I’m not sure why it’s a surprise. Anyway, lyrically it is quite basic and a bit banal at times, but by christ there is some great melodic rock/AOR here. Top quality hooks all over the place and it’s hard to fault what is dished up here.
3 . Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten ; this did sit at the top of my list for a small portion of the year, but a couple of things put it back into third place. Mostly, it didn’t have anywhere near the replay value of my two favourites of the year. And secondly, the one complaint I could level at this if I really had to, would be that it’s slightly samey. It’s all very good - excellent, in fact, but it’s just missing that one or two 10/10 songs, or that little something to mix it up a bit. It’s an extremely good album, but I am comfortable with it being 3rd in a very strong top 5 in 2015.
2 . Care Of Night - Connected ; this was my favourite for most the year and is pure class. The influence of the guys from Wigelius is very apparent and quite frankly, without ‘Please Remember’ it would have been my favourite album of the year; it was that close. Absolutely killer melodic hard rock with a magnificent sound and big juicy production.
1 . Issa - Crossfire ; well, I didn’t even really see this coming until I went back and truly honestly madly deeply revisited my favourite albums of the year. This is the one I spun probably 5 times more than any album in 2015, and the one where I truly love every single song on it. Considering how much I love Vega, and the fact that this has a lot in common with Vega, it probably goes a way to explaining how it made it to the top for me. Songs I couldn’t get out of my head, moments I anticipated every time I put it on my stereo… Yeah, just a really great melodic rock / AOR album for me.
My full list of rated albums from 2015;
No. / Artist / Album / Score (%)
1 - Issa - Crossfire - 92
2 - Care Of Night - Connected - 91
3 - Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten - 89
4 - Find Me - Dark Angel - 88
5 - Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz - 87
6 - Osukaru - Transition - 86
7 - Destine - Forevermore - 85
8 - Art Nation - Revolution - 83
9 - Khymera - The Grand Design - 83
10 - Room Experience - Room Experience - 83
11 - Station - Station - 82
12 - Stellar Revival - Love, Lust & Bad Company - 82
13 - Eclipse - Armageddonize - 82
14 - Revolution Saints - Revolution Saints - 80
15 - Spoken - Breathe Again - 79
16 - Blood Red Saints - Speedway - 79
17 - Hit The Lights - Summer Bones - 79
18 - The Toi - Water Into Wine - 78
19 - C.O.P. - State Of Rock - 78
20 - Papa Roach - F.E.A.R. - 78
21 - 7th Heaven - Next - 78
22 - 5 Seconds Of Summer - Sounds Good Feels Good - 78
23 - Kelly Keeling - Mind Radio - 78
24 - Magnus Karlsson's Freefall - Kingdom Of Rock - 77
25 - Martina Edoff - Unity - 77
26 - Naked - End Game - 77
27 - We Are Harlot - We Are Harlot - 77
28 - Our Last Night - Younger Dreams - 76
29 - Light You Up - All We've Ever Known - 76
30 - Gus G - Brand New Revolution - 76
31 - Newman - The Elegance Machine - 76
32 - Young Guns - Ones And Zeros - 76
33 - Stryper - Fallen - 76
34 - All Time Low - Future Hearts - 76
35 - Diemonds - Never Wanna Die - 76
36 - Bring Me The Horizon - That's The Spirit - 75
37 - Snake Eye - Snake Eye III - 75
38 - As It Is - Never Happy, Ever After - 75
39 - Romeo's Daughter - Spin - 75
40 - Like A Storm - Awaken The Fire - 75
41 - Michael Kiske & Amanda Somerville - City Of Heroes - 75
42 - Constancia - Final Curtain - 75
43 - All That Remains - The Order Of Things - 75
44 - We Came As Romans - We Came As Romans - 75
45 - Breaking Benjamin - Dark Before Dawn - 75
46 - Kutless - Surrender - 75
47 - Sleeping With Sirens - Madness - 75
48 - Love N' Revenge - Love N' Revenge - 75
49 - Praying Mantis - Legacy - 75
50 - Secrets - Everything That Got Us Here - 75
51 - The Poodles - Devil In The Details - 75
52 - Trixter - Human Era - 75
53 - Impera - Empire of Sin - 74
54 - S.A.Y. - Orion - 74
55 - House Of Lords - Indestructible - 74
56 - The Radio Sun - Heaven Or Heartbreak - 74
57 - Reach - Reach Out To Rock - 74
58 - Damn Dice - The Great Unknown - 74
59 - Windsor Drive - Windsor Drive - 74
60 - The Maine - American Candy - 74
61 - FM - Heroes & Villains - 74
62 - Atreyu - Long Live - 74
63 - Radioactive - F4ur - 74
64 - Bonfire - Glorious - 74
65 - Falling In Reverse - Just Like You - 74
66 - Bullet For My Valentine - Venom - 74
67 - Maxx Explosion - Dirty Angels - 74
68 - Disturbed - Immortalized - 74
69 - Nelson - Peace Out - 74
70 - The Relapse Symphony - Born 2 Run - 73
71 - Courage My Love - Becoming - 73
72 - Wake The Nations - Sign Of Heart - 73
73 - St. Prostitute - Glorified - 73
74 - Three Days Grace - Human - 73
75 - Talon - Fourplay - 73
76 - The Dreaming - Rise Again - 73
77 - Terra Nova - Reinvent Yourself - 72
78 - Hinder - When The Smoke Clears - 72
79 - 21Octayne - 2.0. - 72
80 - W.A.S.P. - Golgotha - 72
81 - Pyramaze - Disciples Of The Sun - 72
82 - Ghosts Of Eden - What Makes You Happy? - 72
83 - Universe - Mission Rock - 72
84 - Dakara Dirt - Forever - 72
85 - Supremacy - Leaders - 72
86 - Snakebite - Princess Of Pain - 72
87 - Ozone - Self Defence - 72
88 - David Cook - Digital Vein - 72
89 - Reckless - Too Glam To Die - 72
90 - Dirty Passion - Dirty Passion - 72
91 - Seasons Change - Please Don't Leave - 72
92 - Silverstein - I Am Alive In Everything I Touch - 72
93 - Adam Lambert - The Original High - 72
94 - Hungryheart - Dirty Italian Job - 72
95 - The Taking - The Taking - 72
96 - Bulletboys - Elefante - 72
97 - Smash Into Pieces - The Apocalypse DJ - 71
98 - Eden - Eden - 71
99 - Broadway - Contexture - 71
100 - Pop Evil - Up - 71
101 - Def Leppard - Def Leppard - 71
102 - Level 10 - Chapter One - 71
103 - Available At The Counter - Hello Reality - 71
104 - Valerie - Young Hunger - 71
105 - Sweet & Lynch - Only To Rise - 71
106 - Shinedown - Threat To Survival - 70
107 - Michael Bormann - Closer - 70
108 - Segeant Steel - Riders Of The Worm - 70
109 - Boyfriend - Another Goodbye - 70
110 - Sin Circus - Chemical Youth - 70
111 - Mark Slaughter - Reflections In The Rearview Mirror - 70
112 - Stone Sour - Meanwhile in Burbank EP - 70
113 - Four Year Strong - Four Year Strong - 70
114 - Scorpions - Return To Forever - 70
115 - Devil's Train - II - 70
116 - Silent - Land Of Lightning - 70
117 - Bon Jovi - Burning Bridges - 70
118 - Kissing Miss Lizzy - Kissing Miss Lizzy - 70
119 - Devil City Angels - Devil City Angels - 70
120 - Marianas Trench - Astoria - 69
121 - Hedley - Hello - 69
122 - Serpentine - Circle Of Knives - 69
123 - Dracula - Swing Of Death - 69
124 - Vital Silence - What's Left For Mystery - 69
125 - Purpura Ink - Breakin' Chains - 69
126 - Crystal Ball - Liferider - 68
127 - Hardcore Superstar - HCSS - 68
128 - Art Of Anarchy - Art Of Anarchy - 68
129 - Lioncage - Done At Last - 68
130 - Strikeforce - Elegant Steel EP - 68
131 - Fourth Line - Everything Is Fine - 68
132 - Grindhouse - Chapter One - 68
133 - Trivium - Silence In The Snow - 67
134 - Millyseck - Millyseck - 67
135 - Stala & SO - Stala & SO - 67
136 - Cholane - Caution - 67
137 - San Asonia - San Asonia - 67
138 - Red - Of Beauty & Rage - 66
139 - Another Perfect Storm - Another Perfect Storm - 66
140 - Knock Out Kaine - Rise Of The Electric Jester - 66
141 - Fall Out Boy - American Beauty - American Psycho - 66
142 - Midway - Kickstart Riot - 66
143 - Aces & Kings - No Hard & Fast Rules - 66
144 - I The Mighty - Connector - 65
145 - Jeff Scott Soto - Inside The Vertigo - 65
146 - Queensryche - Condition Human - 65
147 - Ice Blue - Back To The Light - 65
148 - China Sky - China Sky II - 65
149 - Cyanide - Lethal Dose - 65
150 - Chalice - Overyears Sensation - 65
151 - Dan Reed - Transmission - 63
152 - Empire Saint - R.N.S - 63
153 - Fool's Errand - Beyond The Pale - 63
154 - Handguns - Disenchanted - 63
155 - Strikeforce - Elegant Steel EP - 62
156 - Full Nothing - Full Nothing - 62
157 - Chaos Magic - Chaos Magic - 61
158 - Beauvior / Free - American Trash - 61
159 - Funeral For A Friend - Chapter And Verse - 61
160 - Peterik & Scherer - Risk Everything - 60
161 - Toto - XIV - 60
162 - Falling Up - Falling Up - 60
163 - Wolfpakk - Rise Of The Animal - 60
164 - Gun - Frantic - 60
165 - Carsten Lizard Schulz Syndicate - The Day The Earth Stopped Turning - 59
166 - Furyon - Lost Salvation - 59
167 - Halestorm - Into The Wild Life - 59
168 - Sleazy Way Out - Satisfy Me - 58
169 - Home For Fall - Everything I Never Said - 56
170 - Rusted - Restless Gypsies - 56
171 - Richard Page - Goin' South - 56
172 - Prophets Of Addiction - Reunite The Sinners - 56
173 - Heartless Breakers - The Great Give Back - 55
174 - Saints Trade - Robbed In Paradise - 55
175 - Thunder - Wonder Days - 55
176 - Tony Mills - Over My Dead Body - 55
177 - Senses Fail - Pull The Thorns From Your Heart - 55
178 - Lunden Reign - American Stranger - 53
179 - Jettblack - Disguises - 53
180 - Mayday Parade - Black Lines - 52
181 - Lynch Mob - Rebel - 51
182 - The Darkness - Last Of Our Kind - 51
183 - Bonafide - Denim Devils - 50
184 - Airstream - Kingdom of Isolation - 50
185 - Revolver Eleven - Revolver Eleven - 50
186 - Ten - Isla De Muerta - 50
187 - Legion - Animal Within - 50
188 - Powerplay - All Those Years - 50
189 - Diesel'23 - Last Chance - 49
190 - Ugly Kid Joe - Uglier Than They Used To Be - 48
191 - Lifehouse - Out Of The Wasteland - 45
192 - Whitesnake - The Purple Album - 45
193 - Niva - Relievin' Rain - 45
194 - Thomas Bergsten's Fantasy - Nightwalker - 31
195 - Europe - War Of Kings - 27
196 - Kid Rock - First Kiss - 24
197 - Operation Mindcrime - The Key - 19

Top 10 songs of 2015;

1. Revolution Saints - Turn Back Time
2. Care Of Night - Cassandra
3. Destine - Down And Out
4. Art Nation - Need You To Understand
5. Station - Are You Sleeping Alone
6. Stellar Revival - Cross Your Heart
7. Marianas Trench - Wildfire
8. Find Me - Bleed In The Rain

9. Issa - Ghost Inside My Heart

10. Santa Cruz - Bye Bye Babylon

Great write up.

God was Op Mindcrime really that bad lol. I never heard it...and never will prob.

Still astounds me you listen to all those albums in one year. Took me some going absorb 30.

Rip Destine :crying:

Welcum C.O.P. Great specimen from AOR's shallow genetic pool. From the heights of the skyscrapers we'll gaze at the insignificance of the naysayers. :lol:

1 Degreed Dead But Not Forgotten 92,78%
2 Destine Forevermore 92,50%
3 Art Nation Revolution 91,00%
4 C.O.P. State Of Rock 90,40%
5 Care of Night Connected 89,70%
6 Find Me Dark Angel 87,58%
7 Stratovarius Eternal 86,80%
8 Room Experience S/t 85,90%
9 Santa Cruz S/t 85,20%
10 Eclipse Armageddonize 85,00%
11 Station S/t 84,60%
12 Bonfire Glorious 84,30%
13 Constancia Final Curtain 83,63%
14 Revolution Saints S/t 82,27%
15 Newman The Elegance Machine 81,50%
16 Khymera The Grand Design 81,50%
17 The Radio Sun Heaven Or Heartbreak 81,45%
18 Eldritch Underlying Issues 81,27%
19 Romeo's Daughter Spin 80,80%
20 Kamelot Haven 80,58%
21 Royal Hunt Devil's Dozen 80,57%
22 Symphony X Underworld 80,50%
23 Ozone Self Defence 80,25%
24 21 OCTAYNE 2.0 79,80%
25 The Poodles Devil In Details 79,75%
26 Pantommind Searching For Eternity 79,75%
27 BLOOD RED SAINTS Speedway 79,72%
28 Magnus Karlsson's Freefall Kingdom Of Rock 79,54%
29 S.A.Y. Orion 79,45%
30 Helloween My God-Given Right 79,30%
31 W.A.S.P. Golgotha 79,22%
32 Kelly Keeling Mind Radio 78,91%
33 The Murder Of My Sweet Beth Out Of Hell 78,83%
34 House Of Lords Indestructible 78,40%
35 Reach Reach Out To Rock 78,30%
36 Kingcrow Eidos 78,25%
37 Trixter Human Era 78,18%
38 Sorcerer In The Shadow Of The Inverted Cross 78,13%
39 Osukaru Transition 78,12%
40 Tad Morose St Demonius 77,67%
42 Tank Valley Of Tears 77,63%
42 Satan Atom By Atom 77,60%
43 LANDE, JORN & HOLTER, TROND Dracula - Swing Of Death 77,55%
44 Diviner Fallen Empires 77,50%
45 Hungryheart Dirty Italian Job 77,45%
46 Stala & Co S/t 77,40%
47 Iris Divine Karma Sown 77,38%
48 FM Heroes And Villains 77,00%
49 Spock's Beard The Oblivion Particle 77,00%
50 Pyramaze Disciples Of The Sun 76,90%
51 Joe Stump The Dark Lord Rises 76,83%
52 Papa Roach F.E.A.R. 76,50%
53 Simulacrum Sky Divided 76,50%
54 Mark Slaughter Reflections In A Rear View Mirror 76,13%
55 Trans-Siberian Orchestra Letters From The Labyrinth 76,06%
56 David A. Saylor Built To Fight 76,00%
57 Claus Hassing Open Your Heart 75,81%
58 Stryper Fallen 75,72%
59 Orange Outlaw Desert Wolf 75,60%
60 Gus G. Brand New Revolution 75,54%
61 Pentagram Curious Volume 75,27%
62 Safire For The Greatest Good 75,27%
63 Sergeant Steel Riders Of The Worm 75,25%
64 Scanner The Judgement 75,20%
65 Nelson Peace Out 75,00%
66 Powerplay All These Years 74,90%
67 Pyogenesis A Century In The Curse Of Time 74,38%
68 Michael Monroe Blackout States 73,84%
69 Johnny Lima Unplug N Play 72,90%
70 Ram Svbversvm 72,63%
71 Death Dealer Hallowed Ground 72,50%
72 Universe Mission Rock 72,41%
73 Nalle Påhlsson's Royal Mess S/t 72,33%
74 Serious Black As Daylight Breaks 72,10%
75 Michael Bormann Closer 72,09%
76 ISSA Crossfire 71,09%
77 Legion Animal Inside 71,05%
78 Armored Saint Win Hands Down 71,00%
79 Stargazery Stars Aligned 70,90%
80 Circle II Circle Reign Of Darkness 70,90%
81 Cholane Caution 70,75%
82 Angra Secret Garden 70,70%
83 Signum Regis Chapter IV: The Reckoning 70,70%
84 Eat The Gun S/t 70,45%
85 Night Demon Curse Of The Damned 70,45%
86 Ten Isla De Muerta 70,20%
87 Alpha Tiger Lady Liberty 70,20%
88 Gronholm Relativity Code For Love 70,17%
89 Sebastien Dark Chambers Déjà-Vu 70,15%
90 Hardcore Superstar HCSS 69,80%
91 Magister Templi Into Duat 69,75%
92 Love N' Revenge Revenge 'N Love 69,61%
93 Last Autumn's Dream Level Eleven 69,60%
94 Talon Fourplay 69,00%
95 Demon's Eye Under The Neon 69,00%
96 Nergard A Bit Closer To Heaven 68,75%
97 Skintrade Scarred For Life 68,66%
98 Praying Mantis Legacy 68,45%
99 Enforcer From Beyond 68,33%
100 Powerwolf Blessed & Possessed 68,18%
101 TESSERACT Polaris 67,84%
102 Bon Jovi Burning Bridges 67,50%
103 David Gilmour Rattle That Lock 67,38%
104 Tony Mills Over My Dead Body 66,00%
105 Annihilator Suicide Society 65,55%
106 Backyard Babies Four By Four 64,90%
107 Airstream Kingdom Of Isolation 64,00%
108 Supremacy leaders 64,00%
109 Soto Inside The vertigo 63,40%
110 Michael Shenker's Temple of Rock Spirit On A Mission 63,33%
111 Lynch Mob Rebel 63,15%
112 Black Majesty Cross Of Thorns 63,12%
113 Impellitteri Venom 63%
114 Sweet&Lynch Only To Rise 62,75%
115 Scorpions Return To Forever 62,50%
116 Chainsheart Leaving Planet Hell 62,40%
117 Prowler Stallions Of Steel 61,50%
118 Black Trip Shadowline 61,00%
119 Mike Tramp Nomad 60,60%
120 TheDead Daisies Revolucion 60,45%
121 Dragonheart The Battle Sanctuary 60,27%
122 Drakkar Run With The Wolf 59,75%
123 U.D.O. Decadent 58,30%
124 Sacred Oath Ravensong 58,00%
125 Def Lepard S/t 57,84%
126 The Night Flight Orchestra Skyline Whispers 57,70%
127 Seven Witches The Way Of The Wicked 54,45%
128 The Winery Dogs Hot Streak 53,58%
129 Blind Guardian Beyond The Red Mirror 52%
130 Europe War of Kings 51,50%
131 Raven Exterminator 50,25%
132 Visigoth The Revenant King 42,88%
133 George Lynch Shadow Train 37,80%
134 Virgin Steele Nocturnes of Hellfire & Damnation 31,40%
135 Stromwitch Season of TheWitch 23,90%
Best replay value:
Eclipse
C.O.P.
Destine
Degreed
Art Nation

To be honest, I’m buying fewer and fewer releases. With the Canadian dollar tanking and the surge in shipping from the States, I had to limit my purchases this past year. I ended up buying about only 20 or so cd’s, I listened online to at least a hundred various bands, but I only forked out money for the ones I really had to have. My list isn’t very extensive but I’m sure it’s one of the most varied in musical genres on HH. Christ… I have Growling Doom Metal and Folk music in the same list.

My top 15 purchased releases from 2015

1. PYOGENESIS – A Century In The Curse Of Time

2. TRIVIUM – Silence In The Snow

3. TERAMAZE – Her Halo

4. DEGREED – Dead But Not Forgotten

5. ALAN DOYLE – So Let’s Go (not HH material, Folk/Rock/Pop)

6. ECLIPSE – Armageddonize

7. PARADISE LOST – The Plague Within

8. THE DARKNESS – Last Of Our Kind

9. ART NATION – Revolution

10. FIND ME – Dark Angel

11. KHYMERA – The Grand Design

12. QUEENSRYCHE – Condition Human

13. GHOST – Meloria

14. WAKEN EYES - Exodus

15. ENTWINE - Chaotic Nation

Nice lists guys - reading through these leads me to 2 albums I forgot to mention in my list - both disappointments I'm afraid -

Hardcore Superstar - what a mammoth disappointment this was. From a band who imo had hardly put a foot wrong in the last 5 albums they go and get all 'we have to go back to (shitty) roots'. Lets hope they see the error of their ways and their next album is back on track and ready to challenge the likes of 'dreamin in a Casket' and 'Split Your Lip'

Winery Dogs - I really liked the debut. there was cracking musicianship (what you would expect from these guys), but also some really catchy hooks. This second album just didn't grab me and although I tried real hard hardly any of the songs gelled - possible 3 or 4 keepers but that's about it. Shame.

To be honest, I’m buying fewer and fewer releases. With the Canadian dollar tanking and the surge in shipping from the States, I had to limit my purchases this past year. I ended up buying about only 20 or so cd’s, I listened online to at least a hundred various bands, but I only forked out money for the ones I really had to have. My list isn’t very extensive but I’m sure it’s one of the most varied in musical genres on HH. Christ… I have Growling Doom Metal and Folk music in the same list.

8. THE DARKNESS – Last Of Our Kind

9. ART NATION – Revolution

10. FIND ME – Dark Angel

11. KHYMERA – The Grand Design

Interesting list mate but you actually ranked The Darkness above those 3 albums.............wow. Just wow.

On a side note I had read good things about that Ghost album, but I listened to it and it did very little for me except one amazing tune which I cant remember the name of now - might have been the first single.

Interesting, or insane? ;)

Yeah I like the lists for checking against stuff I missed. Already noted Coldrain and I also completely forgot about the David A Saylor album, which probably isn't great, but I'd like to hear it.

To be honest, Im buying fewer and fewer releases. With the Canadian dollar tanking and the surge in shipping from the States, I had to limit my purchases this past year. I ended up buying about only 20 or so cds, I listened online to at least a hundred various bands, but I only forked out money for the ones I really had to have. My list isnt very extensive but Im sure its one of the most varied in musical genres on HH. Christ I have Growling Doom Metal and Folk music in the same list.

8. THE DARKNESS Last Of Our Kind

9. ART NATION Revolution

10. FIND ME Dark Angel

11. KHYMERA The Grand Design

Interesting list mate but you actually ranked The Darkness above those 3 albums.............wow. Just wow.

On a side note I had read good things about that Ghost album, but I listened to it and it did very little for me except one amazing tune which I cant remember the name of now - might have been the first single.

Bands like Find Me, Khymera and Art Nation are like a dime a dozen here on HH, The Darkness are unique and different...too different for some.

I love the band, always have.

Bands like Khymera, Find Me and Art Nation are definitely NOT dime a dozen.

I wish they were.

They are among the very best recording in genre right now.

Bands like Khymera, Find Me and Art Nation are definitely NOT dime a dozen.

I wish they were.

They are among the very best recording in genre right now.

Even if they were a dime a dozen, GOOD is GOOD!!!