10. Better World - 9

11. How To Mend A Broken Heart - 8.5

12. In The Name of The Father (Fernando's Song) - 8

prod = 9

musicianship = 10

replay = 8

total 85%

let's check your rating Glen

Not rated this yet, but will do by mid year. It's holding up to repeated plays and overall I love the album.

However the middle is the problem for me. 'Dream On' I have to skip every time.....the lyrics are ridiculous. And 'Dont Walk Away' is just not strong enough as a ballad.

So for me the album would work better without those 2 tracks.

Most of the rest I love though and my 2 favs are 'Locked Out Of Paradise' and 'Strangers to this Life'.....KILLER tracks.

Agree on the 2 best tracks Glen

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Rev Saints light AOR lol, you must be listening to a different album to me ;-)

There's about 4 sappy ballads (3 in a row, too, I think) that could have been lifted off any Journey album. The rockers are good, but I can't see how you guys are getting such high ratings with a handful of pretty by-the-numbers ballads involved. Like I said, I'll be stunned if the ratings for this stay as high as the initial ones, once it's had time to sink it.

Musically, I did say this was well ballsy enough. But yeah, in terms of a lot of the song writing, it does remind me of a much lighter AOR, just with a heavier music track. At times it is actually just like a heavy Journey album.

Just listened to Revolution Saints a few times and for once I agree with Geoff. Just too many weak ballads. A handful of very good songs ("Turn Back Time", "Here Forever" and "How To Mend A Broken Heart") but the rest is really average for me. Disappointing, as I thought from the samples I heard that it was going to be a great album. So far, the only truly great albums I've heard from 2015 have been in the doom/death genre, which won't interest many on here. Great hopes for the Eclipse CD when I eventually get to hear it...

Rev Saints light AOR lol, you must be listening to a different album to me ;-)

There's about 4 sappy ballads (3 in a row, too, I think) that could have been lifted off any Journey album. The rockers are good, but I can't see how you guys are getting such high ratings with a handful of pretty by-the-numbers ballads involved. Like I said, I'll be stunned if the ratings for this stay as high as the initial ones, once it's had time to sink it.

Musically, I did say this was well ballsy enough. But yeah, in terms of a lot of the song writing, it does remind me of a much lighter AOR, just with a heavier music track. At times it is actually just like a heavy Journey album.

Just listened to Revolution Saints a few times and for once I agree with Geoff. Just too many weak ballads. A handful of very good songs ("Turn Back Time", "Here Forever" and "How To Mend A Broken Heart") but the rest is really average for me. Disappointing, as I thought from the samples I heard that it was going to be a great album. So far, the only truly great albums I've heard from 2015 have been in the doom/death genre, which won't interest many on here. Great hopes for the Eclipse CD when I eventually get to hear it...

Make sure you give the Care of Night CD a go too. That's still my favourite of the year so far, quite comfortably, though I love Issa too.

anybody can update the latest scoring for 2015, i missed the last 2 weeks, in case couple of gems I need to check out

Here's a few:

ARMORED SAINT 80%

HELLOWEEN 77%

HOUSE OF LORDS 62%

NELSON 76%

TRIXTER 88%

STATION 84%

FM 80%

Just playing the new Young Guns album...pretty good disc in the modern rock field, maybe not as good as their last effort - Bones, though still a good listen. It's maybe slihhtly moving toward a more alternative sound, similar to the Killers type of thing but without losing the hard rock edge too much.

anybody can update the latest scoring for 2015, i missed the last 2 weeks, in case couple of gems I need to check out

Here's a few:

ARMORED SAINT 80%

HELLOWEEN 77%

HOUSE OF LORDS 62%

NELSON 76%

TRIXTER 88%

STATION 84%

FM 80%

Another close score for me too on these four

TRIXTER 84.8%

STATION 84.1%

NELSON 79%

FM 77.8%

will check out ARMORED SAINT asap, i heard good words about this album too

haven't spin HELLOWEEN but looks like a fair score and HOL might be too low but I'll check it out too

Here's a few:

ARMORED SAINT 80%

HELLOWEEN 77%

HOUSE OF LORDS 62%

NELSON 76%

TRIXTER 88%

STATION 84%

FM 80%

TRIXTER 84.8%

STATION 84.1%

NELSON 79%

FM 77.8%

haven't spin HELLOWEEN but looks like a fair score and HOL might be too low but I'll check it out too

The HOL is awful. A few decent songs but lots of filler.

Here's a few:

ARMORED SAINT 80%

HELLOWEEN 77%

HOUSE OF LORDS 62%

NELSON 76%

TRIXTER 88%

STATION 84%

FM 80%

TRIXTER 84.8%

STATION 84.1%

NELSON 79%

FM 77.8%

The HOL is awful. A few decent songs but lots of filler.

Awful?

I have the HOL going in my car at the moment (which has been a pretty broken up listening process) but it sounds pretty cool to me. Production is light years ahead of recent efforts, and the sounds generally seem to be pretty good. Obviously a much deeper assessment is needed, but it sounds okay to me.

What's your thought on that album ?

I'm still waiting for my copy, but have heard 3 full songs and 1 minute samples of the rest. The 3 songs that I've heard, 2 are really good and one is meh, sample of the rest sound good to me. Ok, it's not as good as past albums but does that make it "awful"?

I'm still waiting for my copy, but have heard 3 full songs and 1 minute samples of the rest. The 3 songs that I've heard, 2 are really good and was is meh, sample of the rest sound good to me. Ok, it's not as good as past albums but does that make it "awful"?

Okay.... it's not awful but surely isn't good either. Pillar Of Salt is SHIT, and thus awful. :)

Havent really had a chance to rate any 2015 discs yet, but I pretty much know what I prefer and what I don't so i'll get an update 'Dan style' (top 5 with honourable mentions and also rans) towards the end of the month.

I'm still waiting for my copy, but have heard 3 full songs and 1 minute samples of the rest. The 3 songs that I've heard, 2 are really good and was is meh, sample of the rest sound good to me. Ok, it's not as good as past albums but does that make it "awful"?

Okay.... it's not awful but surely isn't good either. Pillar Of Salt is SHIT, and thus awful. :)

'Pillar of salt' is the worst song on the album, and there is another weak ballad towards the end of the disc too. Other than that, though, I kind of like the album. I think it's not bad at all.

My early top 10 looks a little like this:

1 - Care Of Night - Connected
2 - Issa - Crossfire
3 - Destine - Forevermore
4 - Room Experience - Room Experience
5 - Eclipse - Armageddonize
6 - Osukaru - Transition
7 - Station - Station
8 - Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz
9 - Revolution Saints - Revolution Saints
10 - The Toi - Water Into Wine

'Pillar of salt' is the worst song on the album, and there is another weak ballad towards the end of the disc too. Other than that, though, I kind of like the album. I think it's not bad at all.

2 - Issa - Crossfire

6 - Osukaru - Transition

7 - Station - Station

Surprised you rate Room Experience so high mate, some good songs on it but won't make my top 10. Care of Night, Destine and maybe Eclipse all in my top 5 too. Rev Saints will prob be a fraction higher for me.

2 - Issa - Crossfire

6 - Osukaru - Transition

7 - Station - Station

Surprised you rate Room Experience so high mate, some good songs on it but won't make my top 10. Care of Night, Destine and maybe Eclipse all in my top 5 too. Rev Saints will prob be a fraction higher for me.

I too was very surprised by Room Experience. I just really dig it. Only one or two of the ballads aren't great, but I really enjoy all the rest of the songs. It's just a good, consistent melodic rock / AOR album.

2 - Issa - Crossfire
6 - Osukaru - Transition
7 - Station - Station

Got my free DL of the HOL this morning, and yes "Pillar Of Salt" is not good. The rest of the album(minus maybe one more song) is sounding good to me. Like I said earlier, maybe not as good as past abums but (1) "aweful" song does not make for a whole bad album.

I retract my awful comment. Actually found after a few listens that some of the songs are quite good. I think Christian's voice is what detracts from my enjoyment. And damn, are we sure he isn't another Bruce Jenner? Dude really looks like a lady. :lol:

I retract my awful comment. Actually found after a few listens that some of the songs are quite good. I think Christian's voice is what detracts from my enjoyment. And damn, are we sure he isn't another Bruce Jenner? Dude really looks like a lady. :lol:

Somehow I agree with your 'dude looks like a lady' comment, but that guy scores Robin Beck, so that should count for somethin' :D

I was listening to the HOL debut today and it's so weird to listen to that as a fresh new band on the scene and how good Christian sounded back then. How good everything about them sounded, in fact. It's a different world now and I agree that his vocals just don't sound like they used to. And it's not that he's suddenly dreadful or anything... his voice just simply doesn't have the affect it did back then. Maybe overkill?

I've only got three 2015 releases thus far:

Raven -ExtermiNation

Sweet & Lynch -Only To Rise

Whitesnake - The Purple Album

...and I'm not O.C.D. enuff to assign each one an exact percentage score like some of you mofo's (haha) so I'll just say that I like'em all just fine.